Any alternatives to PG and VG?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by kyolic, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kyolic

kyolic Full Member

Are these the only liquids which can produce the vapor we need or are there any alternatives?

Do you think one day it will be possible to invent an e-cigarette which uses pure water as the liquid?

2. SlowTalker

SlowTalker Senior Member ECF Veteran

I used too much water to thin one of my DIY juices and had to toss the whole batch. I kept gagging on the "steam." I would be leery about mold and other nasties as well.

3. Justice

Justice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
    What's wrong with pg or vg just curious ???? Also thinned once with water didn't think water vapor could be more choking than pg or vg but had same reaction as SlowTalker

4. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

PEG400 - Polyethylene Glycol? I believe that is an alternative. Nope, pure water wouldn't work...

5. kyolic

kyolic Full Member

E-cigarettes have an history of 3 or 4 years I guess. So I don't think it is wise to claim VG and PG to be totally harmless. No one knows about their long term effects when inhaled. Correct me if I am wrong please.

6. Zal42

Zal42 Super Member ECF Veteran

Actually, people have been inhaling vaporized pg for a very long time, over 100 years, in theatrical fog. Vg, too, has a long history although not as long as pg. Both substances have had a lot of clinical study done with them on the inhalation front. Confidence is quite high that, unless you're allergic or asthmatic, these substances are generally safe to inhale, even in the long term. (Vg can produce a toxic substance if heated beyond a certain temperature, but most attys don't get that hot.)

The only component of juice that hasn't been well studied and established to be reasonably safe is the flavorings.

7. Addicted2Vap

Addicted2Vap Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great reply Zal

8. jackoboy82

jackoboy82 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm not sure about VG but PG has a history of about 60-70 years at least. do a search on here or google and you will find quite a bit about PG and inhaling it. remember PG is used in fog machines at discos and therefore needed to be studied as people will inhale it at them.

9. XSINBADX

XSINBADX Full Member

1 Month Ago When I First Started To Vape .. I Asked the Same Question .. 4 Seconds Later, I Answered It .. Can It Be Worse Than Cigarettes? No Way!

10. kyolic

kyolic Full Member

So we can say that PG at least is safe to be inhaled -almost for sure. I wish it was VG which we were talking about. I hate the taste of PG.

11. lerrygibson

lerrygibson Moved On

hi,
    As far as I know PG and VG not cause any harm, taking vapors inside is not 3 to 4 year history, people enjoy it since ancient time. And I didn't read anything happened because of VG :)

12. redheadone

redheadone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I don't know about vg but the only problem to pg is if you an allergic reaction to it. There is an interesting thread here on the forum talking about that topic. In reading that thread those that did have an reaction had changed to all vg and are having no problems at all so I guess vg is okay.

13. Sellaman

Sellaman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes, I hate the tast of PG too but it seems that is all I am able to vape. VG makes me dizzy.

I'm only new to vaping and I have ordered unflavored PG with nicotine in it and I will add some (Flavor drops) flavors from Capella to my PG , so I hope that fixes my problems and that it will give me a satisfying vape.

But as you said in your first post....Is there an alternative to either PG or VG?
    Well , I will be looking out for one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.