Any atomizer that doesn't need coil replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnipav

Jun 16, 2016
Or, clearomizer, or whatever. Currently I have the aspire ce5-s, and the point was to save due to cigalikes constant replacement costs, but these frnkly, gdamn devices apparently require almost, if not quite, as frequent replacements, and some new coils turn out to be bad (burns out of the box). I sense it's just a money making scheme, given how short they last imo.

So is there any atomizer that doesn't require any, or at least not as frequent, coil replacements? Am looking at the aspire nautlius right now, but apparently it also needs coil replacements. Just don't like the idea of replacing hardware this often, sort of like replacing the ear phones on headphones every few weeks.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Buy an RTA, learn to make your own coils, rewick with cotton every so often, redo the coils once every month or few when it needs it, and enjoy the money saved.

The reality is most coils could actually last A LOT longer than they do. It is either the wick that gets funked up and doesn't wick right, or too much gunk built up on the coil. Too much gunk on the coil can normally be dry burned off, but not if the wick can't be replaced. If the wick can't be replaced and gets clogged, it doesn't matter how clean the coil is, since juice won't flow to it.

An RTA will remove both of these issues. When your wick gets clogged, rewick. When your coil gets funked up, dry burned it off and rewick it. Only downsides are having to learn to make coils and how to wick them properly.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
speedy beat me to it, slow typer.

Usually, what happens is that the coil gets gunked up with solids that don't vaporize.

All coils will wear out over time from metal fatigue.

Some factory coils can be disassembled so the wick can be removed, the coil can then be dry burned and rewicked. The Nautilus coils are not not among those.

The Ego One CLR coils are designed to be rebuilt. They fit in Ego One and Tron tanks.

The Eleaf GS Air 1.5 coils can be rebuilt but it's a little harder.

CLR coil below

CLR_head_03.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Or, clearomizer, or whatever. Currently I have the aspire ce5-s, and the point was to save due to cigalikes constant replacement costs, but these frnkly, gdamn devices apparently require almost, if not quite, as frequent replacements, and some new coils turn out to be bad (burns out of the box). I sense it's just a money making scheme, given how short they last imo.

So is there any atomizer that doesn't require any, or at least not as frequent, coil replacements? Am looking at the aspire nautlius right now, but apparently it also needs coil replacements. Just don't like the idea of replacing hardware this often, sort of like replacing the ear phones on headphones every few weeks.
Any atomizer/clearomizer will burn out of the box if you don't take the time to juice it up properly. Yes, some work is required in using ecigs. It's not as easy as opening a pack of smokes and lighting one. But the smokes are known and proven killers. Ecigs have helped many many people to put those smokes down. Can't put a price on your health. And for most of us it is worth a little inconvenience. Totally personal decision one has to decide for themselves.

:)

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
speedy beat me to it, slow typer.

Usually, what happens is that the coil gets gunked up with solids that don't vaporize.

All coils will wear out over time from metal fatigue.

Some factory coils can be disassembled so the wick can be removed, the coil can then be dry burned and rewicked. The Nautilus coils are not not among those.

The Ego One CLR coils are designed to be rebuilt. They fit in Ego One and Tron tanks.

The Eleaf GS Air 1.5 coils can be rebuilt but it's a little harder.

CLR coil below

View attachment 629363
the pic is great, except it's missing the second most important piece... the wick!

gnipav

Jun 16, 2016
Any atomizer/clearomizer will burn out of the box if you don't take the time to juice it up properly. Yes, some work is required in using ecigs. It's not as easy as opening a pack of smokes and lighting one. But the smokes are known and proven killers. Ecigs have helped many many people to put those smokes down. Can't put a price on your health. And for most of us it is worth a little inconvenience. Totally personal decision one has to decide for themselves.

:)

Yes, that's why i won't go back to cigs. Btw, is there a way to fix a burnt coil, like clearing out the burn or something?

Will the nautlius coils need replacement about as often as the ce-5's? And thanks for the pics.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
They all need replacement whether you use an RBA type or replaceable head type delivery devices/tanks.
Frequency of needing to replace the head depends on many factors.

Ce5 types are not know for their longevity.
Properly priming a new/unused head before use will help with ' burns right out of the box'. Reducing power for the first half to full tank allows the head to 'break in' & reduces the chance of burning a new head.

Dark or colored or heavily flavored and especially sweet liquids tend to clog wicking material & gunk coils rapidly.
Overpowering tends to shorten life / speed up burnt taste.
Under powering leads to rapid coil gunk build up, when it starts to burn off it gives odd, burnt or funky tastes.
Too thick / high % VG doesn't wick fast enough in most replaceable head type above 1Ω delivery devices which causes burnt funky tastes.
There are many sub ohm replaceable head delivery device that do wick high% VG well.

For MTL, 50/50 to 40/60 pg/vg, 8w to 12 ish watts the Nautilus you mentioned with BVC heads will be a big improvement.
The Triton mini, nautilus x, Innokin prism t18 - t22, e leaf gs air series or m with appropriate heads. kangar toptank mini would be worth considering and a big improvement also.

Some folks just don't understand many long time vapers with extensive knowledge & experience with rebuildable's flat out don't have the time or desire to fiddle & futz around with rda/rba/rta's.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
They all need replacement whether you use an RBA type or replaceable head type delivery devices/tanks.

Some folks just don't understand many long time vapers with extensive knowledge & experience with rebuildable's flat out don't have the time or desire to fiddle & futz around with rda/rba/rta's.

This. All coils wear out. If you want to be cheap, you rebuild. Rebuilding is far cheaper, but takes time and effort to learn. If you want the convenience of "just throw it in and go", premade heads are for you, but you pay significantly more for that convenience.

Reactions: ChelsB

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have two flavors that are sweet and my ADV that really gunk up my coils. I use the Toptank mini and with the RBA can save much more money then using the stock coils. I do rebuild, but I also happen to like the stock coils and go through one in two days maybe three, but that's the choice I make to keep vaping the way I like to. It is still cheaper than cigarettes.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The BVC in the CE5 is not as long-lasting or as good as the BVC in the Nautilus.
I'm fairly sure I would have said this ages ago. Also, the CE5 is a tragic clearomizer anyway.

Some people hate the cost of replacement coils. I am not one of those people. Coils (for me) cost less than one half of one cigarette per day. Truly, I cannot complain at that value.

To get the costs lower (and the vaping quality higher) then rebuilding is the only solution.

You can reduce your coil costs by buying in 5-packs from China, but I realize not everybody has the opportunity to do this.

I barely use the Nautilus any more. Not with so many good coils available from other makes.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
yeah.. smokes here are 15 a pack...
Yes, that's almost as expensive as the UK.
Some people spend more on smoking (20-30 a day) than they earn from working 2 days a week.
..this is what the government calls 'being cruel to be kind'.......
It's a sorry state of affairs.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
If the FDA has its way, you're going to be building your own coils eventually. You might as well learn because you won't have any options in a year or two. Provape and Nicoticket are two of the most popular and respected companies in the vape community that have been with us almost from the start and THEY are calling it quits. I imagine the rest will follow suit. Finding a coil for your tank is going to be like finding software for your Commodore 64.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
If the FDA has its way, you're going to be building your own coils eventually. You might as well learn because you won't have any options in a year or two. Provape and Nicoticket are two of the most popular and respected companies in the vape community that have been with us almost from the start and THEY are calling it quits. I imagine the rest will follow suit. Finding a coil for your tank is going to be like finding software for your Commodore 64.

The US companies will close, but the Chinese won't.

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
And I just hate the fact that Nicoticket and Provape are forced to shut down... Both, indeed are truly the best in what they do. I have not had a chance to use Provari product, but Nicoticket is trully the best US juice maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread