Any carto tanks similar to Texas Tuff Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
for me and my wife, simple is the best. And you don't get any simpler than Texas Tuff tanks. We've been vaping on Texas Tuff tanks for 4 years (at least). My current one is 3 years old, and it's time to replace it. Unfortunately it appears that Vape Dudes no longer carry these. So I need something similar to replace our existing ones

To those unfamiliar with these, here's a link to a picture of one: http://wyckedvapor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/TTTDuel.jpg

Any help is much appreciated.

Reactions: CaveFurby

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Carto Tanks. You make me smile. I started vaping in mid 2014, carto tanks were on the way out, couldn't find them in shops but still could online. I wanted to experience them anyway, bought many and thoroughly enjoyed them. Still have them, and a whole box of cartos too. I did a search, looks like they have almost become extinct....probably all of us carto fans have bought up the remaining supply. HOWEVER, the Avid Vaper site still carries a few, as well as a place called Hotvapes, and Fasttech still carries a few. I remember Texas Tuff Tanks, never got around to ordering from them. I'd enjoy hearing about what carto tanks you do use and what kind of cartos you like. Would be a hoot to take a carto tank setup into a vape shop these days, but alot of those guys wouldn't have a clue what it is!

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Carto Tanks. You make me smile. I started vaping in mid 2014, carto tanks were on the way out, couldn't find them in shops but still could online. I wanted to experience them anyway, bought many and thoroughly enjoyed them. Still have them, and a whole box of cartos too. I did a search, looks like they have almost become extinct....probably all of us carto fans have bought up the remaining supply. HOWEVER, the Avid Vaper site still carries a few, as well as a place called Hotvapes, and Fasttech still carries a few. I remember Texas Tuff Tanks, never got around to ordering from them. I'd enjoy hearing about what carto tanks you do use and what kind of cartos you like. Would be a hoot to take a carto tank setup into a vape shop these days, but alot of those guys wouldn't have a clue what it is!

HAHAHA, we actually have gone into a vape shop with our carto tanks. And the guys in there were "WTH is that?" LOL I replied "We're old school" LOL

The Texas Tuff Tank was the first carto tank we tried. It's so simple to fill, that we never tried anything else. We've been using pre-punched Boge's, which are getting harder and harder to find. I do have a hole punch for times when we can't find pre-punched. But I'm sure eventually cartos will completely disappear. I'll give up vaping when that happens as I don't like any of the other tanks, and don't like to fiddle around with them. I just want something I can fill and vape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Been thinking of picking up a Nautilus tank again after all this time, maybe two. Coils are still plentiful and they weren't too bad of a vape, always reminded me of an old vacuum tube, and they do look pretty slick on a regulated tube mech. Think it's pretty cool you've stuck with cartos all this time, they are alot of fun to mess around with.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Been thinking of picking up a Nautilus tank again after all this time, maybe two. Coils are still plentiful and they weren't too bad of a vape, always reminded me of an old vacuum tube, and they do look pretty slick on a regulated tube mech. Think it's pretty cool you've stuck with cartos all this time, they are alot of fun to mess around with.

The only reason we have stuck with them is the pure simplicity. I don't have any desire to fiddle with coils and wicks. I like that I just stick a carto in, prime the carto, fill the tank, and go. I ain't got time to learn the other stuff and fiddle with them. ;-) Plus, the cartos have a stiff draw, and we prefer that stiff draw. We have tested other tanks (we have friends that use different tanks) and they all feel too airy to us. Someday we won't be able to find cartos anymore, and at that point we will just stop vaping completely. Yes, I'm that dead set in my ways LOL

Reactions: oplholik

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Just get stocked up now as you can, so you've got a bunch. The tanks that use a replaceable coil, like the Nautilus, are just as easy as the cartos if you can go that way.

Well, like I said. Every "tank" we have tried has been a very airy draw compared to cartos. We can't handle that airy draw.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
Similar to tufftanks, I used the thicker poly ones from another place for 4yrs. The parts are probably easy to find at a hardware store. Always assumed that's what I'd do but ended up happy with the Nautilus tank. I'd email your guy, he probably got a box of parts he'd give away for $1,lol

Yeah, I found some of the thicker ones online yesterday. I ordered a couple of those.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
These aren't exactly the same but I loved mine back in the day. They have the predrilled boges too Bella/Elegance Blues

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately those don't have the side fill. Which is part of what we really love about the TTT's. Those are nice looking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread