Any decent cig-a-likes exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
I have been vaping for a few years now and am pretty happy with my normal setup which usually a medium sized mod and tank. However sometimes I really miss the form factor of a cig-a-likes. I have an eroll that I've tried to like but the cape is too cool and the filling to fiddly. I remember using some 808 gear awhile back that seemed to vape pretty good for a cig-a-likes. I haven't kept up with new hardware in over a year. I am thinking of picking up some new cig-a-like kit and was wondering if there was anything better than standards 808 stuff.

Reactions: bnrkwest

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
The Joyetech eRoll-C is about the best cigalike I've seen, refillable tank and everything and the PCC will make sure it gets you through a day.

eRoll-C - Joyetech

I honestly wouldn't buy anything labelled after a website or online store, all those kits you see are all Chinese branded kits that are generally bad quality.

I know you said you tried the old eroll but that's about as good as cigalikes get really.

Reactions: nicnik

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
Mistic bridge, 10$ at Walgreen's, keep one in my vehicles ......decent stealth vape, refillable, use 24mg
Mistic bridge is pretty cool. My husband uses one and I was using one before i got my subvod kit a few days ago. You can buy a mistic bridge kit with a mistic battery, or a bridge "tank" to fit on blu or... i think mark ten? batteries.

Reactions: nicnik

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
SmokelessImage is great

Plus one for Smokeless Image. Their Volts are chickenhawks. Not great battery life, but their blank cartos taste just as good as any Smok or Boge out there. Great for hands free gaming. I still keep some around with some 18 mg tobacco flavored juice when I get the urge to hold a cigalike.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I have been vaping for a few years now and am pretty happy with my normal setup which usually a medium sized mod and tank. However sometimes I really miss the form factor of a cig-a-likes. I have an eroll that I've tried to like but the cape is too cool and the filling to fiddly. I remember using some 808 gear awhile back that seemed to vape pretty good for a cig-a-likes. I haven't kept up with new hardware in over a year. I am thinking of picking up some new cig-a-like kit and was wondering if there was anything better than standards 808 stuff.
The Ovale branded eroll is called the emini. They are replacing it with the "emini duo". It's a little bigger than an eroll, closer to an 808 size. I haven't tried it. It's pretty expensive, but looks interesting.

Here's a thread discussing it:

Eroll vs Emini Duo?

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
A big drawback for cig-a-likes is that they charge very slowly, usually 120mA. The eroll charges at 200mA, which really helps, but you can only charge from the PCC, and that needs charging.

What's very slowly? My cigalikes charge in about 3 hours, and last around 5 to 8 hrs.

I use eSmart clearos, on my V2 KR808 batts. Been vaping this way since around 2013, and using essentially the same batts since 2011. When a battery stops working, V2 sends me a new one (for free). I did try moving up once, and that lasted about a month before I realized how much I prefer cigalikes. I'm guessing there's many devices around that I would like better than what I now have, but doubt they'd be as cost effective. I hope V2 survives the deeming. Being the founders of SFATA gives me hope.

Reactions: Foggy Road

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Why not something like a 650 or 900mah eGo battery with a cartomizer? You can refill it and the flavor is worlds better than most pre-filled setups, IMO.
My favorite devices are 350 and 400mAh egos. I use 650 egos sometimes, but nothing bigger. I still use cig-a-likes a bit nearly every day, though.

Reactions: Foggy Road

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I've heard good things about the JUUL
The JUUL comes close to being really good as a device. I don't like their lowered pH juice.

The device would be great if they could fix the leaking problems, and the problem of gradually loosening the grip on the pods, which results in inconsistent electrical connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread