RDA Any decent single coil RDA's for BF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Just picked up a Dripbox 160.

So far so good, it's a bit more convenient than using the Avocado 24 on my Cuboid.

The included atty gets the job done, but is cheap lackluster.

Is there a decent BF atty for single coils?

Sure I could use anything with a BF pin and just run it in single, but I'd like the reduced chamber of something designed for single coil use. Otherwise I'd just bottom feed my Velocity clone.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: havok333

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I use SS316L wire and discovered my RM4 Atomics are very good single coil at .4 ohm. I just got a Catfish EZ Cloud Maker that allows a single Z coil that has tons of flavor and dense vape. I even have Deringer running a single coil that's pretty good. Loving the SS wire and Rayon wicks and have found I don't need an atty dedicated to single coil with a tiny chamber.

Last edited:

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
I MTL and use SS316L wire and discovered my RM4 Atomics are very good single coil at .4 ohm. I just got a Catfish EZ Cloud Maker that allows a single Z coil that has tons of flavor and dense vape. I even have Deringer running a single coil that's pretty good. Loving the SS wire and Rayon wicks and have found I don't need an atty dedicated to single coil with a tiny chamber.

Its not so much that I NEED the chamber to be tiny. I'm just never particularly satisfied with a typical dual coil RDA running single. Especially ones where you can't close off the other air hole.

Reactions: K31Scout

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Gotcha. I edited my post; I direct lung hit not MTL. When I started vaping I had an RM2 from reomods and it was great when I mtl'ed.
I actually have one of those too. I was playing with it again last night, but it looks like I have some nasty BRASS bleed on it since its been sitting with an old coil and juice for over a year. And there is of course no chance for a clapton coil in that thing lol.

But I'm definitely not a MTL guy. I like a semi-restrictive open air flow.

Reactions: K31Scout

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Currently I use:

Stumpy (not sure if these are still available)
Origen Little 16
Velocity V2 (clone)

Love the Stumpy - so much that I own three. I use them on my Reo P67s.

The Origen is a phenomenal atty which produces a surprising amount of vapor with a single coil...tons of flavor too.

I am really surprised by the Velocity V2 clone - I'm using it on a brass Coppervape mod with a single 3mm coil, 6-wrap, 26ga and it produces more vapor than some of my dual coil builds. It's really been a pleasant surprise...and dirt cheap.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just a FYI.

It looks like FT has a Ready to Go Bottom Feeding NarDa coming soon.

5869600-1.jpg

$9.35 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
So the BF NarDA clone from fastech came today.

and...

I hate it...

Cant really capture a dual fused clapton wire under the screws. So did a standard 25AWG round wire build at .18Ω
Getting very muted cool vape, then again I haven't used a round wire build in years, so I'm back to the orignal RDA that came with the dripbox with my single dual fused clapton build at .18

Warm Dense Flavor.

Anyone interested in this clone? I'll never use it.

Reactions: ThaFuzz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread