Any "Mini" Tanks With A 510 Connection That Use The Kanger Coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
I own a few bottom coil tanks that I use with a couple mods I have - the Aerotank and the Protank 2 (also have a Puritank but it leaks so it's been benched), all of which use the Kanger heads. I would love to get one of the mini versions of these tanks; unfortunately the Protank/Protank 2/Protank 3 mini and Aerotank mini are all eGo threaded and not 510 threaded, and while my VV mod does have an eGo connection, my favorite go-to mod is my mechanical mod which only has a 510 connection.

My question for you all is: Is there a mini tank made of Pyrex and metal that's 501 threaded and uses the Kanger coils?

I know, I know, they make 510 to eGo adapters. I have one. It does not work well if at all. I don't know if it's an issue with the adapter or with my mod, but, in any case, it's awful and I can't/won't use it.

I love the Protank 2 and the Aerotank! I have 2 all-day-vapes and keep one in each tank. I would really like to have a bottom coil tank that's a similar style but smaller to use with all of the other flavors I have but don't necessarily use often. I know that Kanger doesn't make what I'm looking for but there are other companies who make BCC tanks that take the Kanger coils.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Can't wait to hear what you all have to say. Thank you!

David1975

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Northlake, IL, USA
I've not seen one, but I had a problem with those adaptors also... HAD a problem. Might want to try pulling the pin on the coil out a bit before you get the coil wet (so it don't leak if you pull it completely out), fill and test. I rebuild all the PT coils, IDK if I push the pins in too far when rebuilding them or if their just not compatible with all Ego threads, but I have found this "trick" has worked great with all my mini tanks ;-)

Lori2014

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Hi, nettles

I still qualify as a newbie, and am not sure of the difference, in this case, between a tank and a clearomizer. Still, FWIW ... Kanger E-Smart. I have the Mini PT 3, which I presume is a tank device. It uses Bottom Double coils (compared to the 2, which uses singles.). I also have a Joye 510, and the seller kindly included an E-Smart BCC clearomizer with it (with 510 threading). The e-liquid container for the E-Smart is thinner, but taller than that for the PT 3 ... would guess not that much difference in capacity. I also have a Kanger EMUS, a 650 battery, so in between in size. It has 510 threading, too.

I hope this actually relates to what you are looking for. :)

Lori

authement

Feb 17, 2014
Alabama
Mini Protank II with Kanger air control valve. Looks strange but works well.

I own a few bottom coil tanks that I use with a couple mods I have - the Aerotank and the Protank 2 (also have a Puritank but it leaks so it's been benched), all of which use the Kanger heads. I would love to get one of the mini versions of these tanks; unfortunately the Protank/Protank 2/Protank 3 mini and Aerotank mini are all eGo threaded and not 510 threaded, and while my VV mod does have an eGo connection, my favorite go-to mod is my mechanical mod which only has a 510 connection.

My question for you all is: Is there a mini tank made of Pyrex and metal that's 501 threaded and uses the Kanger coils?

I know, I know, they make 510 to eGo adapters. I have one. It does not work well if at all. I don't know if it's an issue with the adapter or with my mod, but, in any case, it's awful and I can't/won't use it.

I love the Protank 2 and the Aerotank! I have 2 all-day-vapes and keep one in each tank. I would really like to have a bottom coil tank that's a similar style but smaller to use with all of the other flavors I have but don't necessarily use often. I know that Kanger doesn't make what I'm looking for but there are other companies who make BCC tanks that take the Kanger coils.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Can't wait to hear what you all have to say. Thank you!

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
Thank you for the input but I don't think that the tank is Pyrex - or any type of glass. I looked at several sites and since none of them specified I'm assuming the tank is plastic, as are many of the of the mini BCC clearomizers out there. I did however find something new that fits the requirements I'm looking for; check out my post below.

nettles4349

Aug 11, 2013
New Jersey
I was on DiscountVapers last night, and low and behold, there is was! The Kanger Dual Coil Genitank Mini (Link:Kanger Genitank Mini) - an all Pyrex and metal mini tank with a 510 connection. It even has an airflow adjustment control. I have not seen or heard of the Genitank Mini before but it looks very promising. They also sell a Genitank Mega on DV but no regular Genitank - I don't know if a regular version even exists.

I'm guessing it's a new product since no one has yet mentioned it in this thread and I have not seen it on other sites in the past.

So you know it's currently priced at $23.99 on DV, right between the two other high-end Kanger dual coil mini tanks, the the Protank 3 Mini which is currently $19.99 and the Aerotank Mini which is $28.99.

If anyone has one of these I'd appreciate any input on how well the device works. Kanger always seems to make quality products so I'm assuming its good but I'd still like a consumer's opinion.

rustafar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Weeki Wachee, FL.
Check out my thread on the Realtank it's 510 thread only, pyrex tank, air flow control, Protank heads. and it holds about 1.5 mls of liquid. Search for Realtank on Ebay. $9.99 free ship.
IMG_2109.jpg

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/584889-wechange-realtank-por.html

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I was on DiscountVapers last night, and low and behold, there is was! The Kanger Dual Coil Genitank Mini (Link:Kanger Genitank Mini) - an all Pyrex and metal mini tank with a 510 connection. It even has an airflow adjustment control. I have not seen or heard of the Genitank Mini before but it looks very promising. They also sell a Genitank Mega on DV but no regular Genitank - I don't know if a regular version even exists.

I'm guessing it's a new product since no one has yet mentioned it in this thread and I have not seen it on other sites in the past.

So you know it's currently priced at $23.99 on DV, right between the two other high-end Kanger dual coil mini tanks, the the Protank 3 Mini which is currently $19.99 and the Aerotank Mini which is $28.99.

If anyone has one of these I'd appreciate any input on how well the device works. Kanger always seems to make quality products so I'm assuming its good but I'd still like a consumer's opinion.

I have already seen this and I can tell you this is a mistake. It is not a 510 connection. It is an EGO connection. Just to make sure, ask ERIC at discount vapor. Just to make sure before you order, ask Eric on his supplier forum here DiscountVapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread