• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any new life insurance information???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fesso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Does anyone know if any Canadian life insurance companies that do not consider nicotine use to be smoking?

I have been vaping for almost 5 years now.

I'd love to find a Canadian company to buy life insurance from a company that won't penalize me for vaping....

Any leads?

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
from reading the "fine print" of life insurance policies it states policy holder must have not used any tobacco and/or nrt(nicotine replacement therapy) products or any said products containing nicotine for a period of 1 year to be eligible for non-smoking rates.
afaik urine tests would reveal nicotine use.
i have not read every policy but they seem to follow each other, its B.S.

Fesso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last time (2 years ago) I looked into getting life insurance it was the same thing. It was the presence of nicotine that decided the higher rates.... really pisses me off.... I have very little intention or desire to stop nicotine... I was hoping someone found a company that makes the difference between smoking and nicotine....

Drakos

Jun 23, 2010
Calgary
There is a chemical called cotinine that is primarily scanned for during urine and blood sampling to determine if you are a smoker. The chemical will remain in your system for about 6 months after quitting smoking. Nicotine however takes about 72 hours of non use to dissipate from your system. If you have been vaping for a while, (longer than 6 months without smoking) I suggest that you wean yourself from nic for a few days then take your test. I did that and now classified as a non-smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread