1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

any new vv /vw mods on the horizon?

Discussion in 'Variable Voltage APV Discussion' started by good_apollo, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. good_apollo

good_apollo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Was wondering if anyone has heard of any upcoming mods that haven't hit the market yet? I've seen the itaste 134(gatling gun) online.
    Anybody know of anything else coming up in the future?

2. bikerbeagle

bikerbeagle Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Innokin has a new bottom-feeder box mod coming out called the iTaste VTR, not sure of the release date, but guessing it will be by the end of the year. Pictures Here.

There are some rumors of a Provari v3.0 (next year), a new version of the iTaste MVP (don't know when) ...and I'm sure 6 new mechanical clones will come out next week :blink:

3. good_apollo

Never got the big deal about provari. I've used one for a while, didn't do it for me.

4. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

A VV - VW perhaps, with a broader voltage range?

5. good_apollo

I've never tried a box mod before. I'm kinda partial to tube mods. Maybe It's time to get out of my comfort zone.

6. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't believe the itaste vtr is a bottom feeder- that is an iclear30 already on it. it's just a more compact and streamline mvp type.

7. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

The KMAX is on preorders and promo copies are out for Review.

8. djtonyb

djtonyb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

But it does have removable batteries. If a protank fits on it, it will probably be my next mod.

9. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    If the Prothingy didn't do it for you, you might looking at trying different toppers or different liquids. Or, perhaps, learn how to change your vape style.

But, I do not understand "didn't do it for me"

What is it?

My guess is that acquiring the next mod out of the far east will most likely not handle "it", unless your "it" is shape, size, color or weight.

If you want something that actually is cutting edge get any mod with DNA20 installed.:2c:

10. good_apollo

"it" was that the provari didnt work any better than my zmax telescope. my zmax hits the same from start to finish regardless of how low the battery is, just no way to justify an overpriced provari.

11. tearose50

Supporting member
    Thanks for clarifying good_apollo. No more prothingy debates needed.

The Innokin's seem to be creating the most interest right now. I'm hoping this thread gets some more responses with something else new on the horizon.

12. State O' Flux

I'd say so... really looking forward to both the MVP 2.0 and VTR. Unless there's an as yet unseen reason not to, I'll obtain both.

Question. Are there no other self-contained VV~VW batteries... is the iTaste 3.0 actually 'it'?

Cheers,
    C

13. good_apollo

i'm hoping it gets more responses too. im a sucker when it comes to gadgets. yeah, ive been looking at the SVD, really cant pass up the price on fasttech i think it's like $38. it's huge though. Dragonfly ecigs has some physical stores by my house, and just started carrying the tesla mod. its a beast. much lighter than you would think.

14. bikerbeagle

bikerbeagle Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well, Twists / Spinners, technically, fall into that category and the MVP has a self-contained battery, but those are all VV-only devices. The only fixed-battery APV I know of with VW capability is the iTaste v3.0.

15. State O' Flux

That's what I'm sayin'... the iTaste is in fact, it. Pretty surprising when you think about it. Although neither are self-contained, I'm sure the MVP 2.0 will be a VW, the VTR is a VW (when it comes out) but apparently, at least for now, the 3.0 is the only self-contained VW. It's in a category, for the moment, all to itself. I find that fascinating... makes me want to see who, other than Innokin, will be next.

C

16. tearose50

Supporting member
    I'd say the iTaste is the first. If it is popular, there will certainly be more. The JoyE Twist was a proven winner before the Vision Spinner/Revolver/Uturn came out. Then the clones came out.

I don't think the MVP 2.0 or VTR will be VW only. VV/VW devices have been the current Chinese trend.

There are vw devices without self-replaceable batteries and charging done with USB ports, but that's a whole different class and category of APV. Opus and Opus D are 2.

17. vtechmech

vtechmech Full Member

18. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

19. Cajunsteaming

Cajunsteaming Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    There are several threads out about all different MODS...I bought a cheap starter just to get the feel of Mech MODS from fasttech.com and a stomp clone and a short stop fuse all in all got about $50 tied up in it ant seems to be working fine. I would advise if you are new to mods start with a vv/vw el cheap oh play with the setting then move up to the Mech. My VV/VW was also from fasttech K200 so check out a cheap one first then move up. BTW I am an Electronic Eng. with over 30yrs designing Aircraft Electronics so don't be fooled by all the hipe over brands, they are several good cheap VV/VW and Mech MODS, look at the forums check out youtube reviews and make your own decisions. Also Smoktech has some good VV/VW Siegelei has about 38 Mech MODS.

Cajunsteaming Vaping On!!!!!! :vapor:

20. tearose50

Supporting member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.