Any non-smokers have testimonies about vaping 0 nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondintheruff

Nov 23, 2014
I simply just want to hear from people who have not smoked cigarettes and began vaping 0 nic. Please do not lecture me on why you think I shouldn't start. I have done my research (and actually have vaped e-cigs before so I know what it feels like) and would just like to know that there are others in the same boat as me. I enjoy the variety of flavors to choose from and getting to create vapor without the addiction of nicotine. Once again, I will not vape with nicotine.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm with you diamondintheruff. I quit smoking cigarettes about ten years ago, but I still have that "hand to mouth" habit. I started vaping, which puts zero calories in my body unlike the snacking I was doing. So, there are lots of reasons people started vaping, for me it was hoping to loose a little weight, and it has become an enjoyable hobby.

diamondintheruff

Nov 23, 2014
Thanks for the reply! I'm just very cautious because there have been plenty of people calling me outright stupid for wanting to vape, or that I have "no right" to do so. i've found a newer, popular vape shop that offers zero nic so I'm pretty pumped about that. Plus they have a crap load of flavors, it's ridiculous how many there are! I've heard only good things about the place so that gives it credibility as well.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I was a smoker, but i started vaping with 0nic. But after almost 5 month of vaping, i started vaping 3-4mg Nic juice.

The nicotine changes the flavor and gives you something different to vape. Plus nicotine helps you to come your nerves down when you had a bad day, same reason so many smokers smoke so much. And when we the smokers drank too much, smoking helps not to puke, so nicotine in vaping has similar effect. But i vaped far more with 0nic when i drank, with 3nic juice i vape less when i drink. But thats because my brain has been rewired after 20 years of smoking, so juice with Nicotine saves me money by vaping less.

Few month ago, saw my neighbors kid vaping an ego stick of some sort and he never smoked. His parents dont smoke, dad is very active and the kid is not the type that would get involved with the wrong crowd that will lead him down the wrong pass with smoking and drinking.

Besides that, i enjoyed vaping 0nic juice, you get pure flavor, i still buy same juice flavors in 0nic and 3-6nic. Plus, for the first time, i havent been sick this past winter in many years, i tend to get a cold in the beginning of winter and a flue at the end of the winter.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
It doesnt make sense to me why somebody would start vaping that never smoked. Why wouldnt you just save the money because it can get pretty expensive. I only semi understand people who have cut down to 0nic and continue to vape. I dont think its stupid though because i dont really care what other people do.

it makes much more sense than starting smoking analogs when you never smoked, and here we are, been there

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
it makes much more sense than starting smoking analogs when you never smoked, and here we are, been there
Yep. The more never smokers that pick up vaping means less never smokers picking up cigarettes. Even if I never smoked. I would still love to vape and wish vaping was around when I picked up cigarettes.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you look at the human history you'll see that we love to experiment with...many things. Someone might not pick up a cigarette because it's bad for you, but if there's an alternative that is healthier and less risks, then they could end up picking that.

Many people do it for flavors. I had quit cigarettes cold turkey a few years before I ever picked up my first e-cig. I got it and started at 0 nic because I have an oral obsession and have been a horrible nail biter my whole life. I completely stopped biting my nails when I started smoking, and slowly started biting them again after I quit. It never got as bad, but once I fight the right set up not only did I start biting my hands less and less but I later on went from 0 nic to 3 nic, and now 6 (but going back to 3) and I find that I benefit from it in the same way people benefit from caffeine.

While e-cigs are a great way to quit smoking, it's doesn't have to be limited to that. I remember some time ago they had oxygen bars, where you could hook yourself up with an oxygen tank with scents, like aromatherapy. I can see a lot of people that would have used something like that using an e-cig. I have horrible allergies, all nasal, and I also find that exhaling vapor through my nose brings some slight comfort in the dryness and stuffed nose feeling.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Well, I'm not a non smoker (smoked 26 years prior to starting vaping 3 years ago), but I do vape 0mg about 95% of the time. Here's my .02. I get more flavor from the juices since thete's no nicotine to add that peppery, tongue numbing sensation. I really much prefer it and only vape nicotine with one particular liquid that's really supposed to have the nicotine or if I'm trying out an off the shelf juice or one that's not available at 0mg. It really opened up flavor nuances that I never noticed previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread