Any one remember Clouds of Vapor Butterscotch

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
I guess they went out of business? I wish they would have or would give out their recipe for Butterscotch, I dont care if it does have diketones or acetones or any tones. That stuff was amazeing and I have been trying to duplicate that buttery good flavor. Through all my searches on forum search and the internet I cannot find similiar. Except Eccigity when they used to carry their own butterscotch, it was very good also. If anybody has any ideas as to how to make a butterscotch vape recipe close to this let me know please, would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
I never had the pleasure of vaping this liquid. Details on what you're doing to replicate it would be nice.
It was a buttery mouthwatery buterscotch candy type of flavor. I am sure it was full of the bad stuff,but it did say it was organic. At the time they were making this stuff the only organic flavors that were around was natures flavors and when I ordered some and played around with them it never did come out vapeable. Right now I am mixing Flavor West and TFA butterscotch with a little butter and marshmallow. I think I am getting close, but some things missing as far as my memory remembers. I tried adding a little TFA sweat cream and it kind of muted all the butterscotch flavor I was getting, so I think I will just keep trying other flavors till I figure it out. thanks in advance if you have any ideas.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@schatz - If you lay hands on FlavourArt's Butterscotch flavoring (and maybe a few others), pro mixer HeadInClouds has some advice for you:

2% Butterscotch + 1% FA Brandy makes a Buttershots (butterscotch schnapps) type flavor, good as-is or in cocktail-type recipes.

2% FA Butterscotch with 1-1.5% FA Fresh Cream, for creamier, less sweet flavor

2% FA Butterscotch, 1% Fresh Cream, 1% Vienna Cream for sweet, rich, smooth, b'scotch with a little hint of vanilla

1.5% FA Butterscotch, 1% Fresh Cream, 1% Vanilla Tahiti for smooth, mild, vanilla-butterscotch (or V.Bourbon for darker vanilla, a little less sweet)

FA Butterscotch with FA Caramel is like combining the ice cream toppings. I prefer a combination to either one alone.

Any of the above could use a combo instead of plain b'scotch. It creates a slightly 'darker' flavor, adds some good complexity, and it's a little less sweet.

A little bit (1% or less) of Brandy or Rum in any of the above just makes it taste better. Think 'butter-rum'....yum!

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Did you know FW has 2 different butterscotch flavors? (3 actually, if you count Butterscotch Ripple) They're called Butterscotch and Butterscotch Natural. The regular stuff is alright but I find it rather "watery". The Natural, however, is a winner. If I were trying to replicate a mass-market juice that was advertised as "organic", I would definitely give FW Natural Butterscotch a try.

(Quoted from @man00ver above)
"FA Butterscotch with FA Caramel is like combining the ice cream toppings. I prefer a combination to either one alone."

That's a good idea, and will probably help you out as well. TFA's Caramel Original, is in my opinion even better than FA's. I think it would combine well with FW Butterscotch Natural.

Last edited:

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Thanks for the heads up on natural buuterscotch from FW, good idea, I have heard of ripple, and butterscotch pudding from Real Flavors and was going to try them but now you may be on to something. I have reg caramel from TFA, a couple years old, will have to try. Thanks again and keep the ideas coming everybody.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Did you know FW has 2 different butterscotch flavors? (3 actually, if you count Butterscotch Ripple) They're called Butterscotch and Butterscotch Natural. The regular stuff is alright but I find it rather "watery". The Natural, however, is a winner. If I were trying to replicate a mass-market juice that was advertised as "organic", I would definitely give FW Natural Butterscotch a try.

(Quoted from @man00ver above)
"FA Butterscotch with FA Caramel is like combining the ice cream toppings. I prefer a combination to either one alone."

That's a good idea, and will probably help you out as well. TFA's Caramel Original, is in my opinion even better than FA's. I think it would combine well with FW Butterscotch Natural.
Where are you seeing Natural Butterscotch from flavor west, I dont see it on the DIY flavors or Bull City website ?

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Yeah I am sure it was loaded with diacetyl cause it was the best butterscotch I ever had. I just figure that I only vape 8 flavors at one time a couple can be with amounts of diacetyl I figure and ciggies were loaded with them. So the search continues, I recently ordered Flavor art and it was really good. I tried mixing 4 percent of the new Flavor art and 4% TPA butterscotch and it was about the best I have made so far. When I get done stockpiling I will order from some other companies to try.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yeah I am sure it was loaded with diacetyl cause it was the best butterscotch I ever had. I just figure that I only vape 8 flavors at one time a couple can be with amounts of diacetyl I figure and ciggies were loaded with them. So the search continues, I recently ordered Flavor art and it was really good. I tried mixing 4 percent of the new Flavor art and 4% TPA butterscotch and it was about the best I have made so far. When I get done stockpiling I will order from some other companies to try.
I knew it did because I remember seeing it on their site, but tbh it didn't bother me that much. Maybe that's why it was so good. At the time I was vaping COV juices, I was vaping genesis devices and loved that juice, but when I switched to cotton tanks, it lost something. Could of been that or perhaps they took that chemical out at that time, not sure. I use to buy bobas from them to back then which was also great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: schatz

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Yes maybe that was it, I was also using genesis tanks. But I think the last few batches I ordered were not as good, thats when I moved on to something else, I thought I had a little case of vapors tongue. Anyway I still remember how good it tasted. My next moveon butterscotch was to Eccigity and then they also changed after 6months or so. That is when I got into DIY, tired of finding something I liked and then seeing it discontinued.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes maybe that was it, I was also using genesis tanks. But I think the last few batches I ordered were not as good, thats when I moved on to something else, I thought I had a little case of vapors tongue. Anyway I still remember how good it tasted. My next moveon butterscotch was to Eccigity and then they also changed after 6months or so. That is when I got into DIY, tired of finding something I liked and then seeing it discontinued.
That's funny , and how I remembered it to. My last couple batches didn't seem as good. Anyways it was a game changer when I first found that juice, I really really liked it....I can almost smell it now! In fact it smelled so good, you felt like you could drink it. so much flavor to that juice , and kind of thick, I believe they said it was 100 vg, which at the time was not very common. That was my adv for 2 or more years straight. When or if you think you have something close, let me know..I don't really diy, I have tried it once, I made halo's tribecca and have a bunch of tfa's flavorings and a bunch of nic, just haven't really stepped into it yet

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
That's funny , and how I remembered it to. My last couple batches didn't seem as good. Anyways it was a game changer when I first found that juice, I really really liked it....I can almost smell it now! In fact it smelled so good, you felt like you could drink it. so much flavor to that juice , and kind of thick, I believe they said it was 100 vg, which at the time was not very common. That was my adv for 2 or more years straight. When or if you think you have something close, let me know..I don't really diy, I have tried it once, I made halo's tribecca and have a bunch of tfa's flavorings and a bunch of nic, just haven't really stepped into it yet

I will let you know and will post it here if I come up with a close recipe. You should really give diy another go, really saves a lot of money and flavor never go south unless I do something wrong. Lots of info here, started a couple years ago mixing by volume with syringes and beakers and was kind of a pain in the ....... Started using a scale and doing it by weight a couple months ago and now loving making my own. Less on clean up and more accurate for me, I wish I would have started out this way, would have been alot easier. Good luck and will let you know if I make any decsent butterscotch similiar to COV s.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I will let you know and will post it here if I come up with a close recipe. You should really give diy another go, really saves a lot of money and flavor never go south unless I do something wrong. Lots of info here, started a couple years ago mixing by volume with syringes and beakers and was kind of a pain in the ....... Started using a scale and doing it by weight a couple months ago and now loving making my own. Less on clean up and more accurate for me, I wish I would have started out this way, would have been alot easier. Good luck and will let you know if I make any decsent butterscotch similiar to COV s.
No doubt when I get into it, it will be by scale. I seen a video on the scale method and it seemed awesome. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread