Any other good vaping community sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
The only place I can think of off the top of my head is Panda Evolve Starter Kit
I have their Ego kit and have been pleased with it. Hope this helps.

It really helps a lot, thank you! With a couple minor exceptions, it's as close to my ideal cigalike as I've found so far.

What is it that you are really looking for in respects to a 510 cig alike?
Color ? The size ?
I still use my Joye 510s on occasion and really like the small size of them.
...doesn't use a 510 atty or carto, but the e-roll is a tiny little power house that I just love

It's mostly the size, and of course the quality, both moreso in the batt than things like chargers and such. Color, tip style, led color, etc. are also things I'm trying to find my ideal, but I'm just really being picky about those and I know I won't find everything I want all in one.

I'm using a blu kit right now, and it's serving me well for the most part. I initially liked it for its size being so close to an analog, but stardard 510 cartos are just a tad wider and that makes it less convenient to carry since they don't fit the PCC. It also messes with my slight OCD, lol. Someone gave me a Fin starter kit, and I'm getting used to something slightly bigger than an analog, but I don't really want to go much larger than that size batt with a standard carto. The panda kit looks pretty good, and while the clearomizer and mouthpiece make it much longer than my ideal, I do want to use clearos on occasion even though I plan to use cartos most of the time.

Essentially, here is my ideal cigalike battery

510 threading so I can stick with a standard used by most everything I'll end up "growing into" even though I'll probably only ever use larger devices at home. Auto type, black, stainless, titanium, or royal/navy/midnight blue. silver connectors instead of gold, blue LED tip (preferably not a jewel). Lettering or logos on the batteries should be simple, single color, and not tacky looking. About 65-70mm in length, so that when paired with a cartomizer the assembled cig is about 100-105mm.

Oh yeah, and if it's single batts and not a kit, preferably around $10 per batt. I honestly don't understand why some sites sell them for 20 when it's the same piece of chinese garbage everyone else has, but then a company like Revolver has well made ones for 12.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I began my vaping exerience with Smokeless Image. They carry cigarette size Volts and eGo size X2 batteries, and have a Volt Spinner which an 808-threaded Vision Spinner. Higher quality gear, but sadly is all 808-threaded. Pretty popular among the beginner and mid-level vapors here on ECF.

volt-ce3.jpg Volt starter.jpg

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Skymutt,
If I added to your frustration with my attempt to get a point across with humor, I truly apologize!
You're obviously having issues with da cig-a-likes (C-A-L). I would guess that 98% of us oldsters here did also. This ECF community is sincerely trying to let ya know that if ya want to quit 'bakky and actually enjoy vaping, function trumps form/fashion.
Unfortunately I can't give ya a magic bullet (aka link) to remedy your malady. Dat's due to my finding what works fer moi; and it certainly wasn't a C-A-L!
I would normally suggest ya up your nic, but dat seems to a moot point at dis point.
If you insist on a C-A-L, then hopefully sumpin' will come outta China in your near future.
Again, I'm sorry I aggravated ya!
Good luck in your quest...
thumbsup.gif

I appreciate it, thanks. I really do understand that CAL's aren't the optimal vaping solution for most "smokers". That's the thing, I'm not like most smokers. I smoked 2 packs a week on average, and those have been ultra-lights or menthol-lights for years now. I smoke analogs because I like the routine, I'm not addicted to nic at all. I can go days, weeks, etc without smoking and never feel any withdrawal. But, when a friend standing next to me lights up at a party, I want one too. I like having one in my hand while chatting. I like puffing one as I drive with the top down on a sunny day. I like sliding one out of a pack or a case and tapping it on the filter tip, placing it between my lips and then straightening it as I pull my fingers away like Bogart did. It's an image, procedural, and oral fixation all in one for me. Except when I'm stressed, then I really do want a smoke. I'm after the closest thing to a real analog while still reducing the harm I'm doing to my body.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

Color ? The size ?

...doesn't use a 510 atty or carto, but the e-roll is a tiny little power house that I just love

I began my vaping exerience with Smokeless Image. They carry cigarette size Volts and eGo size X2 batteries, and have a Volt Spinner which an 808-threaded Vision Spinner. Higher quality gear, but sadly is all 808-threaded. Pretty popular among the beginner and mid-level vapors here on ECF.

View attachment 255655 View attachment 255656

I see the e-roll and volt mentioned a lot here in the forums. I'm thinking you can get a battery pack for both (could be wrong). Might be something you'd want to check out.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm sorry if you're frustrated with us, but I think we covered this topic pretty thoroughly in your original thread any you kinda peed on any suggestion that was offered. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/464413-there-cigalike-doesnt-look-like-cheap-chinese-junk.html

A cigalike is a cigalike is a cigalike. They aren't used that much and consequently there aren't a heck of a lot of variations on the theme. We presented everything we could think of as an option. Any suggestion we offered - including the Kanger eSmart that comes in your preferred color, with dimensions posted even - that was an iota beyond a standard cigalike you gave a thumbs down to.

As one last try, take a look at Cignot.com as Vicki carries any option that is available in a standard Joyetech 510, including PCC cases and - god forbid - the 510 XL size batteries.

If what you are looking for simply doesn't exist there's not much more we can do to help.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa

Color ? The size ?

I agree, it's perfect for a lightweight smoker. The desk caddy can get expensive though!

image_zps3739c87f.jpg

RHP

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I'm sorry if you're frustrated with us, but I think we covered this topic pretty thoroughly in your original thread any you kinda peed on any suggestion that was offered. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/464413-there-cigalike-doesnt-look-like-cheap-chinese-junk.html

A cigalike is a cigalike is a cigalike. They aren't used that much and consequently there aren't a heck of a lot of variations on the theme. We presented everything we could think of as an option. Any suggestion we offered - including the Kanger eSmart that comes in your preferred color, with dimensions posted even - that was an iota beyond a standard cigalike you gave a thumbs down to.
As one last try, take a look at Cignot.com as Vicki carries any option that is available in a standard Joyetech 510, including PCC cases and - god forbid - the 510 XL size batteries.
If what you are looking for simply doesn't exist there's not much more we can do to help.

It's not the helpful and well-intentioned replies that are frustrating, it's when I ask about other e-cig forums and someone replies that they frequent something that sounds like a Village People fansite because they think it's funny. Or when someone outright refuses to pay attention to what I've written and tries to convince me I won't be satisfied unless I use a mag-light sized mod with a 5 gallon tank. I want something convenient to carry, something I can use in a bar and maybe catch a glance or two because it's a little different or slick looking but still fits in, not draw stares because it looks completely alien and out of place.

Your suggestion of the E-smart was one of the better ones, but it's still nearly the size of a dry-erase marker. I didn't so much shoot it down outright as explain that it was still a little larger than something I'd want to carry around in public. Add to the whole thing that there are now APVs designed to be used with a certain "herbal" drug that look nearly identical to mid-sized designs like the eGo, and the public image concern is going to become an issue. The more a PV looks like an analog, the less negative attention it will draw. I'm sorry if my frustration frustrates you in turn. As I've said multiple times, I do appreciate the serious suggestions even if they're not my ideal solution.

And, I didn't ask about other forums because I'm frustrated with this community, so much as I just wanted to find someplace that has more up to date info on cigalikes. There are dozens of brand name cigalike kits out there, but unless you already know if it's an 808, 510, or whatnot, it's hard to find concrete details because even the sellers don't post them. Google for reviews, and you end up with dozens of fake review sites that just want you to follow their affiliate links so they earn money. And, of course on a company's own site, they're all going to claim theirs is the best.

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Basically the smallest youre gonna get is gonna be 180mah 510 battery and a mini carto.

According to the ones listed on the FT site (only place i know that list dimensions) the 180mah auto 510's are 68.5mm.

The Smok mini cartos are approximately 20mm.

So 88.5mm total, for comparison an Njoy king is ~85mm.

Thats about as cigalike but not completely disposable that you can get imo.

Probably gonna need to carry quite a few batteries though, and a bottle of juice or crapton of prefilled cartos.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Actually, if thickness (yes i know you want a cig-a-like) is not a big deal, you could get a 350mah ego battery (~57mm), mini carto (20), mini cone, and use a standard rubber carto plug instead of driptip in pic, 77mm is pretty tiny.

similar to this, without the drip tip:

476727192_384.jpg

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
It really helps a lot, thank you! With a couple minor exceptions, it's as close to my ideal cigalike as I've found so far.

It's mostly the size, and of course the quality, both moreso in the batt than things like chargers and such. Color, tip style, led color, etc. are also things I'm trying to find my ideal, but I'm just really being picky about those and I know I won't find everything I want all in one.

I'm using a blu kit right now, and it's serving me well for the most part. I initially liked it for its size being so close to an analog, but stardard 510 cartos are just a tad wider and that makes it less convenient to carry since they don't fit the PCC. It also messes with my slight OCD, lol. Someone gave me a Fin starter kit, and I'm getting used to something slightly bigger than an analog, but I don't really want to go much larger than that size batt with a standard carto. The panda kit looks pretty good, and while the clearomizer and mouthpiece make it much longer than my ideal, I do want to use clearos on occasion even though I plan to use cartos most of the time.

Essentially, here is my ideal cigalike battery

510 threading so I can stick with a standard used by most everything I'll end up "growing into" even though I'll probably only ever use larger devices at home. Auto type, black, stainless, titanium, or royal/navy/midnight blue. silver connectors instead of gold, blue LED tip (preferably not a jewel). Lettering or logos on the batteries should be simple, single color, and not tacky looking. About 65-70mm in length, so that when paired with a cartomizer the assembled cig is about 100-105mm.

Oh yeah, and if it's single batts and not a kit, preferably around $10 per batt. I honestly don't understand why some sites sell them for 20 when it's the same piece of chinese garbage everyone else has, but then a company like Revolver has well made ones for 12.

Off the top of my head for a nice 510 kit : Cignot
https://www.cignot.com/
You can get a blue led...but you won't find silver trim on Joye products.
You can get it in black

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I haven't tried one, but I've talked to people in Europe who have given the "TeCab" good reviews. It's similar to a Joyetech "eCab," except that it has 510 threading. It takes replaceable 10440 batteries, which although are only 360mAh, are the size of AAA batteries and it wouldn't be a hassle to carry a few around.

TeCab E Cigarette Starter Kit in Black

Todd of Todd's Reviews gave it a thumbs up in his video on youtube.

Smoktech DC510. And you can get the mega-carts (I can't remember what they're called, if you Google Smoktech DC510 carts you'll find the name) that hold a LOT of juice. I had also been having trouble with a lot of dry hits even when topping off but I haven't had a single dry hit since I started using these carts.

I had some trouble with a faulty charger, so watch out for that, though this could have been a very isolated thing. Now that I have the correct charger the battery life is very, very good, especially for a not very large ecig.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Even after 3 years I like my cig look alikes. For a 510 system I have one of these and love it. It comes in black and silver it is on sale right now for 34.99 so cant beat the price either
E Cig | Smart Pack Starter Kit - Black

The charging pack is easy to use and charges the 2nd one pretty quick

Last edited:

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina
Also chiming in re: the thread title. I've come across other forums and was immediately put off by the unbelievably filthy language, the flaming of noobs, the references to drugs, and the sexual innuendo, and I am, by no stretch of the imagination, a prude. :)

Having said that, I do believe that anytime you put such a large group of people together...(in some cases, only 2 or more)...you are going to find some that 'rub you the wrong way,' dont answer your question, try to be (or succeeds at being) funny (depending on your perspective), attempt to belittle you, ignore you, nit pick what you say, argue semantics, correct your grammar or spelling, post links to random blogs in an attempt to debunk whatever you say, quote your previous posts out of context, or, simply are downright rude due to their own feelings of inferiority as a human being forced to live in a civilized society.

If you can get past that, ECF, in my opinion, is the best place to go to get the most prompt, accurate, and direct answers to your questions.

Namaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread