Any past/present cigar aficionados out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizm722

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
AR USA
Hey everyone :)

I used to really, really enjoy hanging out in a few little pubs in Austin, Texas that
had walls of imported beers on tap and HUGE walk in humidors.
I have enjoyed quite a few high end cigars, most of them being quite robust.
There were a few, however, that were very light and flavorful that I grew to love.

Well, I'm stuck in the backwoods of Arkansas now and I'm on my 7th day
free from tobacco in any form, yay! (still gotta have my nicotine though :/)

I have a bottle of Halos "Longhorn" and it tastes almost exactly like one of
the lighter cigars that I loved. I can't remember if it was a Romeo or a Cohiba
or what, but this liquid is absolutely amazing for a cigar lover.

So - I would really like to hear from anyone willing to share about any other
liquids around now days that are THIS spot-on when it comes to cigars.
Of course, in saying that, you would have need to have tried this "Longhorn"
from Halo before!

Thanks in advance!

schizm722

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
AR USA
Yes... to the tune of a few $100 a month at CI and JoeCigar. Officially, I haven't quit smoking cigars, but with vaping, I keep forgetting about my Padron Annys and FF Opus Xs in the coolidor.

I can't pinpoint which, but Heather's Heavenly Vapes Huntsman (a NET) is a good natural.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty new to the vaping world, and this is exactly the type of info I was looking for.
I will search the threads more carefully next time.

Have a good day!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I think I qualify as a cigar lover!! I haven't stopped smoking cigars or pipes. I have found some nice pipe flavors and just all around good tobacco flavors but no cigar flavors. That my cabinet humidor in my living room.
qedyha8a.jpg

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hey, I love some HALO, too. I started with HALO but haven't tried LongHorn E-liquid | Halo E Liquid yet. I started with Torque56 Torque56 E-liquid | Halo E Liquid , and then HALO got me hooked on Voodoo Voodoo E-liquid | Halo E Liquid and then again with Southern Classic Southern Classic E-liquid | Halo E Liquid

If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would actually enjoy a fruit-y or citrus flavor, I would have laughed at you and shuddered. But HALO got me hooked, and now I'm discovering a new world of vaping, and trying out those type of flavors in the Naturally Extracted Tobacco world, and other non-tobacco flavors as well.

Never say never -- unless it's bacon or crab :evil:

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Hey, I love some HALO, too. I started with HALO but haven't tried LongHorn E-liquid | Halo E Liquid yet. I started with Torque56 Torque56 E-liquid | Halo E Liquid , and then HALO got me hooked on Voodoo Voodoo E-liquid | Halo E Liquid and then again with Southern Classic Southern Classic E-liquid | Halo E Liquid

If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would actually enjoy a fruit-y or citrus flavor, I would have laughed at you and shuddered. But HALO got me hooked, and now I'm discovering a new world of vaping, and trying out those type of flavors in the Naturally Extracted Tobacco world, and other non-tobacco flavors as well.

My experience has been very similar. When I smoked cigars I used to favor the Perdomo brand but I liked others too like Rocky Patel Edge. I never thought I would like fruity vapes either but like jefsview, I like Southern Classic a lot. It's nothing like a cigar but it's a fine vape indeed. I always have some on hand.

I have some Longhorn too but it's not quite up there with my favorites although I do like it.

BlaqueJezus

Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA

Halo voodoo has me hooked. I got it as an extra when my girl ordered her starter kit from them. I"m about to place an order for 30ml Really tastes like a good pipe tobacco blend from one of my local shops. No I haven't stopped smoking cigars or pipes, but I have slowed a lot now that I'm vaping. But nothing really beats a Nicaraguan puro...

thatwierdguy

Oct 12, 2013
Minneapolis
I think I qualify as a cigar lover!! I haven't stopped smoking cigars or pipes. I have found some nice pipe flavors and just all around good tobacco flavors but no cigar flavors. That my cabinet humidor in my living room.
qedyha8a.jpg

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

Oh my golly, that looks like a lot of yumminess!

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yep. I smoked Cubans and Arturo Fuentes almost exclusively before I quit. The expenditure became too much when I hurt my back and had to give up my business.

Opus X and Cuban Cohiba cigars were my goto. Yeah, I have expensive tastes. Lol
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread