Any peeps have an authentic Hobo v3.1 with a BF pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Well I have a clone.. It is close enough to the authentic to answer the question.. It squonks and drains fine. Based on the pics and info I have seen, IMO, the clone is better and worse in that department than the Original, because the clones tend to have longer BF screws and hold more juice in the well, almost 1ml. For me that means I only NEED to squonk once an hour sometimes. Some don't like the long screw, because it can lead to over squonking and leakage. Some cut the screws down to flush to aid drainage and reduce leakage.

Reactions: inswva

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Well I have a clone.. It is close enough to the authentic to answer the question.. It squonks and drains fine. Based on the pics and info I have seen, IMO, the clone is better and worse in that department than the Original, because the clones tend to have longer BF screws and hold more juice in the well, almost 1ml. For me that means I only NEED to squonk once an hour sometimes. Some don't like the long screw, because it can lead to over squonking and leakage. Some cut the screws down to flush to aid drainage and reduce leakage.

Thanks for the input. Drainage is a big deal for me. I don't want an atty full of juice in my pocket.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Thanks for the input. Drainage is a big deal for me. I don't want an atty full of juice in my pocket.

Drainage on the hobo is NEVER 100%, based on the design of the pos post.... Many cut/file the long pin down to the deck/post. Some have even drilled the pin and modded the pos arm to get full drainage from the atty. Even though mine sticks up about 1/16 or more above the post deck, almost to the air holes, I ONLY get leakage, if I squonk till full and put the mod directly into my pocket or lay the mod on its side. Even then, when I use cotton, I get very little leakage. And couple drags will pull the level down enough so the cotton can hold the juice. Now when I use silica or stainless, without cotton, it's a leak monster, being that there is nothing there to hold the juice in the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread