Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thanks for your response. I actually am looking for true high end. I spent $100 or more on my kabuki (not rta) kayfun 5, the (3) squapes I own and the Aqua v2. So I do own (6) rta's in that price range it. I am open to well made RTA's not in this range but what I really want, my intention for the post, are going to be in the $100-200 range.
I think most got me wrong on this one, I know alot of cheaper rta's are very good and I wasn't trying to bash them. I just started reading each post and was seeing rta's that didn't seem to match what you were asking for. Concensus seems to be the skyline at the moment but are just to hard to get, the hussar is another and merkovas new one also. I personally have found the evl reaper exceptional but again, not the easiest to obtain. The byka v6 is one of my favs but out of production and waiting for the v7. Hi end rta's are a pain to get , so I understand why alot don't bother but I actually enjoy the doing the research and finally getting my hands on one eventually. I also really enjoy the GG tilemos and the kayfun mini v3 and although the km3 is kind of basic compared to these newer , more expensive ones, it really is an awesome tank. I actually still love my erlkonigin's and enjoy them every day and speaking of the aqua, I'm vaping one of my v1's as we speak, for flavor it's still extremely good, but overall a lot harder to set up and use compared to the newer designs. Have you checked out the thread here on ecf, "high end rta's "? They talk about all the newer and available ones with good information

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: Tonee N
I think most got me wrong on this one, I know alot of cheaper rta's are very good and I wasn't trying to bash them. I just started reading each post and was seeing rta's that didn't seem to match what you were asking for. Concensus seems to be the skyline at the moment but are just to hard to get, the hussar is another and merkovas new one also. I personally have found the evl reaper exceptional but again, not the easiest to obtain. The byka v6 is one of my favs but out of production and waiting for the v7. Hi end rta's are a pain to get , so I understand why alot don't bother but I actually enjoy the doing the research and finally getting my hands on one eventually. I also really enjoy the GG tilemos and the kayfun mini v3 and although the km3 is kind of basic compared to these newer , more expensive ones, it really is an awesome tank. I actually still love my erlkonigin's and enjoy them every day and speaking of the aqua, I'm vaping one of my v1's as we speak, for flavor it's still extremely good, but overall a lot harder to set up and use compared to the newer designs. Have you checked out the thread here on ecf, "high end rta's "? They talk about all the newer and available ones with good information

I understand how one can be misunderstood when debating this topic. I will check out your reccomendatons and the other thread.
I will call it high end when it has these specific things-

-Top grade materials (the best of that particular material type as well)
-Hand made or made on a CNC with tight tolerances with hand fit and finish.
-small or limited batches ( should be rare, hard to get prestigious)
-well engineered. (At least easy to use with a well thought out design)
-superior fit and finish (very important! a true indicator of quality)
-consistent performance, flavor, sound and ease of use.( Goes back to engineeeeing)

Price is not on my list, although you can not have all of the above at a low price point. If it does have a low price point, then one or more of the above factors are missing or not up to a high enough standard. With that said I do look at price to weed through all of the choices and narrow it down. The hard part is a maker can put any price they want to. So for me, to be a true high end piece, it has to have all of the above attributes for me to call so.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I understand how one can be misunderstood when debating this topic. I will check out your reccomendatons and the other thread.
I will call it high end when it has these specific things-

-Top grade materials (the best of that particular material type as well)
-Hand made or made on a CNC with tight tolerances with hand fit and finish.
-small or limited batches ( should be rare, hard to get prestigious)
-well engineered. (At least easy to use with a well thought out design)
-superior fit and finish (very important! a true indicator of quality)
-consistent performance, flavor, sound and ease of use.( Goes back to engineeeeing)

Price is not on my list, although you can not have all of the above at a low price point. If it does have a low price point, then one or more of the above factors are missing or not up to a high enough standard. With that said I do look at price to weed through all of the choices and narrow it down. The hard part is a maker can put any price they want to. So for me, to be a true high end piece, it has to have all of the above attributes for me to call so.
Well put

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread