Any reports of Eroll battery explostions/problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I mean the PCC battery which is inside the PCC when open the cover with a screwdriver. That was swelled up and made even the bottom plate of the PCC -cover balloon out.

Yikes. Definitely don't use it again! I'd get rid of it as soon as possible. Do you have a Best Buy near you? I think they have battery disposal bins. Or your local landfill/dump/garbage drop off center might have a special bin for batteries.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I have two PCCs, both about a year old and both just started bulging. I didn't even realize it at first because the only thing I noticed was that the hinge was messed up on one of them and the lid wouldn't close all the way. I thought maybe I'd dropped it and forgotten or something and damaged the hinge.

I used it that way for about a week before the lid/hinge situation suddenly got worse. Then I knew something was up. On closer examination of the case, I could see the back was bulging. That's why the lid wouldn't close anymore - the case was warped from a bulging battery. Eek. I checked my other PCC and, though it has no lid problem, I can see a small gap along the hinge and slight bulge on the back of the case. The worst of my PCCs was retired immediately, but I'm still using the one with the slight bulge until the new ones I ordered arrive.

I wonder if one year is sort of the lifespan of these PCCs. Anyone else notice this happen at about that age or is it just a freak coincidence for me?

Pictures below are what the worst one looks like. It's hard to see that there's a bulge from the photos, but if you look at the curvature of the reflections on the back of the case, you can tell it's swollen.

Photo Jul 01, 1 31 54 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 27, 8 01 49 PM.jpg Photo Jun 27, 8 02 34 PM.jpg

Photo Jun 27, 8 03 37 PM.jpg Photo Jun 27, 8 03 52 PM.jpg

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Yikes. I have 3 PCCs (one still in the box) that are a year old. So far so good. Is it age or use? I only use mine, now, when I go for long periods which is infrequently. The first three months I had them I used daily. How long/ often have these year-old ones been used? Are they charged daily? So, is it a leaking problem or over charging problem? Would you pleae update if you contact Joye?

Edit: Man I'm upset. I was gonna gift the kit still in the box but wouldn't feel right doing that now.

Last edited:

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
It could be a combination of age and the way that I use them, I really don't know.

On a typical day, I use up one PCC completely then switch to the second one only which gets partially used before they're both plugged into chargers for the night (they're both plugged in every night whether they're fully drained or not). I usually alternate which one I use first each day, so they've been used about the same amount over time. Sometimes I leave one on the charger during the day and sometimes I'll plug one into my computer for a few hours while I'm on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread