Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Non that I know of.
Hangsen tobac concentrates some say in a week they can vape. There is quite a difference in taste tobacs that are a week old vs month old, that's just dipping a qtip into the mix to taste and not vaping it. Speed steeping with hot water or using some previously steeped juice(seeding) into a new mix can somewhat speed up but still it takes time for the tobac to blossom.
Bottom line is shake and vape if you want but your not getting the full goodness of the tobacco vape, that takes 4+ weeks in a closet to happen.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Easy recipe, not too long steep time: Single flavor Inawera AM4A is pretty good.

It has a shorter necessary steeping requirement than most tobacco or tobacco-y flavors or mixes, and you *can* shake and vape, though it's better and smoother a few days later. When I tried it immediately after mixing it reminded me a bit of Halo's Voodoo, but it's been years since I had Voodoo, so I might be way off there.

Some discussion of AM4A in this thread (among others on the site), and maybe someone will pop in here with their opinion. I mixed mine at 3%, I think.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As Alter said, Hangsens are usually vapable soon after mixing, but the flavor will be weak until after a week of steeping and will mature after 3 to 4 weeks or more.

Try Hansen Flue Cured, Tobacco, and Red USA Mix. FA SOHO is also a good flavor that's vapable on day 1 and better after a week or two.

The secret is to start mixing new juice several weeks before you run out of the last batch. Once you get ahead of the game you can always have mature juice ready to vape.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    As Alter said, Hangsens are usually vapable soon after mixing, but the flavor will be weak until after a week of steeping and will mature after 3 to 4 weeks or more.

Try Hansen Flue Cured, Tobacco, and Red USA Mix. FA SOHO is also a good flavor that's vapable on day 1 and better after a week or two.

The secret is to start mixing new juice several weeks before you run out of the last batch. Once you get ahead of the game you can always have mature juice ready to vape.
    Actually Soho is the first tobacco I'm finding really essential to steep. Initially the maple syrup flavor note was overwhelming -- the flavoring smells just like Hangsen Highway -- which mellowed after a week but still didn't taste that good. After 2 weeks I'm really liking it. I guess it was vapable before, after all I had Highway factory ejuice that still tasted like that 3 years later ;) ... Mixed at 3%, may try 2.5%.

As to shake and vape, nothing's much good until the bubbles (essential) rise out of it and almost everything benefits from at least overnight. Most of my low flavoring tobaccos I haven't been able to detect much change after a couple days. There can be a slightly more refined taste to some mixes and this can be quite significant if that's what it needs, but the flavor is usually objectively close after overnight.

Reactions: Astur

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Actually Soho is the first tobacco I'm finding really essential to steep. Initially the maple syrup flavor note was overwhelming -- the flavoring smells just like Hangsen Highway -- which mellowed after a week but still didn't taste that good. After 2 weeks I'm really liking it. I guess it was vapable before, after all I had Highway factory ejuice that still tasted like that 3 years later ;) ... Mixed at 3%, may try 2.5%.

As to shake and vape, nothing's much good until the bubbles (essential) rise out of it and almost everything benefits from at least overnight. Most of my low flavoring tobaccos I haven't been able to detect much change after a couple days. There can be a slightly more refined taste to some mixes and this can be quite significant if that's what it needs, but the flavor is usually objectively close after overnight.

I frequently try a small test vape in a Kayfun on mix day. I don't try every one, but I'll fill a tank about a quarter full and vape a sample. Yes, they change quite a bit over a month's time, but I like seeing the growth of the flavor as I sample them. The SOHO I mixed up on 9/21 is almost gone today. It's been a month and the 50ml bottle has been vaped a little here and there.

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Single flavor Inawera AM4A is pretty good.
    @Astur, I am one of those people @tazzle mentioned, who like a simple single flavor mix of Am4A (Inawera). This is one tobacco that I actually prefer fresher, verses more aged. I mix at 3.5% and the sweet spot for me is begins 3 days after mixing, and lasts for two weeks. In that window of time I find it very reminiscent of the way my Grandfather's pipe tobacco pouch smelled (the fresh tobacco; not as it burned in the pipe). It is very fragrant with lots of the subtle aromatic notes. After two weeks many of those subtle notes seem to disappear, or become masked, by the more dominant base tobacco notes.

When I first learned that I liked the Am4A relatively fresh; I whipped up a large bottle, only to discover that I didn't like it near as much when it aged beyond two weeks. I now know better, and only mix what I can comfortably vape in that two-week window.:)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    When I first learned that I liked the Am4A relatively fresh; I whipped up a large bottle, only to discover that I didn't like it near as much when it aged beyond two weeks. I now know better, and only mix what I can comfortably vape in that two-week window.

I agree, Joel. If you don't test over time you miss the flavor as it develops and might miss out on some waypoints where the juice is better than it will be in a month. That, and it's nice to know which juices are good right after mixing.

I've been on a search for drip attys that accurately reflect the flavor of a juice. I thought that was going to be the 306 mesh atomizer, but that didn't turn out to be what I expected in terms of flavor. Last night, I ordered a couple of IGO-L's on sale for $2.99 at MyVaporStore. Regular price is $19.99, but they've been reduced probably because they are MTL drippers with a small air hole. Most everyone is into DTL these days.

PBusardo loves the flavor and likes the easy build. He didn't like the dual o-rings that the top slides over. When he held it up by the atomizer only, his Provari slipped off into his hand, leaving the coil and juice well attached (bottom section). That can be fixed by experimenting with a little thicker o-ring size for a tighter fit. There are two o-rings sealing the bottom deck to the top section. A standard drip tip fits.

For $2.99 it's a deal
    Youde UD IGO-L Rebuildable Atomizer

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread