Any thoughs about the Segelei Fushai 213 Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
i bought the fuchai 213 plus (color screen). the only reason i bought it was for the color screen, only $40 from ecig.com (biggest deciding factor) and it's small size. here's what i can tell you, if you want a good TC mod, look elsewhere. it does TC just fine but i do not like the delay it has nor the "pre heat" function it has. the delay is about .5 secs. the pre heat is what i would call a "blind preheat", as in no matter the temperature of your TC coil is at (resistance), it will apply the full preheat wattage and full time limit every time the button is pressed. i leave the preheat at the wattage i want to use to maintain my set temp and turn the time limit all the way down to 0.01 sec. so far this has been working as to not overshoot my set temp. the TCR function is straight up jacked, neither 0.00092 nor sigelei's TCR calculated value of 0.00033 works for SS 316L (way too hot). even the stock SS 316L is off (too cold). the 304 setting seems to work best for my 316L. Ti01 seems somewhat accurate tho. the manual says balance charging. nope. tested several times with several different cells. at the end of the charging cycle one cell will be 4.15 and the other 4.19. at least it doesn't overcharge either cell.

the positives......in the manual it states it has 2.5 amp balance charging. the 2.5 amp part is true. on average, i saw between 2.33 and 2.49 amps drawn by using my inline USB meter. so cells do charge very fast in the device and it doesn't get crazy hot, warm is all. there is no delay in regular power mode, instant fire or close to it. color screen is very well done, nice to look at and with a good layout. solid and stable 510 connector, no gaps with any of my long pinned attys (will accommodate 25mm attys with room to spare) . reads resistances very close to what my DNA devices reads resistances. battery life with 2 samsung 30q's made it through 8 hours of the work day. at the end of the work day, both cell voltages averaged around the 3.89 mark, battery meter still showed 3/4 full. this was using the device at around 75 watts. i'd say the battery life is very good, IMO. does it do 223 watts? don't know yet. just got the device a couple days ago. i will test with 30 amp cells and connect my oscope to get a number.

will update this post in a day or two, when i have time, with some ACTUAL wattage numbers.

UPDATE.....i threw the sig 213 plus on my Oscope. i wasn't going to go crazy testing all different resistances and wattage. so i just measured average voltage output (at atty posts) on one test load........

0.09 ohm load
at 223w (the max power of the 213 plus) i was only able to get an average of 3.09v or 106.9w at 34.33a's. it has a 35 output amp limit so obviously it's current limiting that load. (with a 35a limit, you're limited to what resistances you can run anyway. below 0.18 ohms and you're over the limit)
TBH, i don't care if it can't do over 100w for my purposes. i use the mod as a beater for work. so far it's been working fine, even survived a few concrete drops.

there it is! good, solidly built mod for $40, FAIR in TC, better for regular wattage vaping. charge the cells externally.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks guys, I currently have the iTaste MVP 3.0, the old model not the Pro, so I was looking for something similar to this one, that's why I saw the fuchai 213 Plus, however I'm also checking the SMOK G-Priv 220W, which seems to be ok and has some good reviews.

Just make sure you double-check (use a search) for problems on any mod.
The G-Priv is a very advanced mod. Smok did not have a good reputation in recent memory and as we say in some communities (not necessarily vaping hardware), the more advanced the more to go wrong.
I can't see that Sigelei would have messed up the temp control on the latest Fuchai, but again, best to double-check.
I am using a Smoat Battlestar tonight and as far as I am concerned the temp control doesn't work on this mod either.
Overall, the usefulness of temp control seems to be dividing the community. I don't want a mod to reduce my power to a pathetic wisp of vape and I'm not getting dry hits off anything run in plain VW mode, but I don't go above 50w anyway.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Just make sure you double-check (use a search) for problems on any mod.
The G-Priv is a very advanced mod. Smok did not have a good reputation in recent memory and as we say in some communities (not necessarily vaping hardware), the more advanced the more to go wrong.
I can't see that Sigelei would have messed up the temp control on the latest Fuchai, but again, best to double-check.
I am using a Smoat Battlestar tonight and as far as I am concerned the temp control doesn't work on this mod either.
Overall, the usefulness of temp control seems to be dividing the community. I don't want a mod to reduce my power to a pathetic wisp of vape and I'm not getting dry hits off anything run in plain VW mode, but I don't go above 50w anyway.
I hate giving stuff away from my reviews before recording lol
but a few things
G-priv haven't tested it functionally yet or the temp control but in basic use wattage mod it works well. no issues and smok chips have been very good as of late. I'm pretty sure it'll pss my testing with flying colors

For the Fuchai 213 plus, i have my review coming soon for it. testing is done. i say wait and watch before buying

Battlestar review should be early next month but my testing is done (outside of testing efficiency as requested here so i need to test that) but on an overall basis it's passed with flying colors for it's price point. what issues did you have with temp control? I only test for SS mode since i don't recommend Ni or Ti wire but at the risk of spoiling my review, it passed with much better results then expected for a 40 dollar mod.

as far as TC goes, the idea is to provide instant ramp up and a smooth consistent vape. when you get it right it's an amazing vape. in watt mode your vape gets harder the longer you hit. with temp mode i can take a smooth 10 second hit, couldn't do that in watt mode. and I use a lot of both TC and watt mode

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I hate giving stuff away from my reviews before recording lol
but a few things
G-priv haven't tested it functionally yet or the temp control but in basic use wattage mod it works well. no issues and smok chips have been very good as of late. I'm pretty sure it'll pss my testing with flying colors

For the Fuchai 213 plus, i have my review coming soon for it. testing is done. i say wait and watch before buying

Battlestar review should be early next month but my testing is done (outside of testing efficiency as requested here so i need to test that) but on an overall basis it's passed with flying colors for it's price point. what issues did you have with temp control? I only test for SS mode since i don't recommend Ni or Ti wire but at the risk of spoiling my review, it passed with much better results then expected for a 40 dollar mod.

as far as TC goes, the idea is to provide instant ramp up and a smooth consistent vape. when you get it right it's an amazing vape. in watt mode your vape gets harder the longer you hit. with temp mode i can take a smooth 10 second hit, couldn't do that in watt mode. and I use a lot of both TC and watt mode

Funny thing about Smok is they used to make clones, then they started make their own tanks which started off badly. Now they're making devices and tanks that compete against high end devices. The Alien is probably the most popular mod right now, the TFV4 and the TFV8 are excellent sub-ohm tanks, if not the best sub-ohm tanks on the market. They've also donated money to CASAA and some other vaping coalitions if I recall. They're a manufacture I don't mind giving my money to.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Funny thing about Smok is they used to make clones, then they started make their own tanks which started off badly. Now they're making devices and tanks that compete against high end devices. The Alien is probably the most popular mod right now, the TFV4 and the TFV8 are excellent sub-ohm tanks, if not the best sub-ohm tanks on the market. They've also donated money to CASAA and some other vaping coalitions if I recall. They're a manufacture I don't mind giving my money to.
yup for sure. lots of companies started out making clones (hciger, ehpreo, tobecco) and now make their own stuff as well. I gave smok my best company of 2016 in my 2016 wrap up. their menu system is by far the best. even better then the 100+ dollar chip mods like YiHi, DNA, FSk etc. very easy to use and learn and gets the job done. and their mods do what they say and get firmware updates. Last weekend i had to update my alien, Gpriv, and G320. Smok has all the best premade tanks as well. The TFV4 was great for it's time. but last year with the TFV8 "family" it was best tank in each class for sure. can't wait to compare the TFV8 with the EXO XL, TFV12, and MAXO V12 tanks.
Also they recently teamed with madvapes so have a US waranty center which is great as well. they are doing all the right things in my book

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I have the Smok Alien, Sigelei 213, Fuchai 213 and the Fuchai 213 Plus. My favorite mods and the ones that I am using on a day to day basis is all three 213's. I vape in power mode so I've never tried any of them in TC mode. I stopped using the Alien because I think it runs a bit hot. Using the same tank (Freemax Starre Pure), I have to set the wattage on the Alien between 5-8 watts lower than I run it on 213's. If I set the wattage the same, then the vape tastes burnt.

Reactions: djsvapour

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Nice to hear good reports on SMOK gear! I started buying SMOK with the TFV4 and my SMOK collection has blossomed. Alien and G-Priv kits are my go to now and seriously looking at the Marshall. Liking everything I've gotten of theirs.
i'm liking my marshal g320 so far. haven't done any testing on it yet though

FWIW, I have the Smok Alien, Sigelei 213, Fuchai 213 and the Fuchai 213 Plus. My favorite mods and the ones that I am using on a day to day basis is all three 213's. I vape in power mode so I've never tried any of them in TC mode. I stopped using the Alien because I think it runs a bit hot. Using the same tank (Freemax Starre Pure), I have to set the wattage on the Alien between 5-8 watts lower than I run it on 213's. If I set the wattage the same, then the vape tastes burnt.
what watts do you vape at? honestly it's the opposite. the smok mods hit true to their wattage. the fuchai mods don't. they hit lower then they say and don't hit at anything close to their posted 213-223 watt limits. a more correct statement would be you have to raise the wattage on the fuchai because it hits weak ;)

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh

Just compared it to my calibrated dna 200, it does fire about .2 volts higher, they both felt about the same though. Not sure how accurate the Fuchai is since I don't own one.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Just compared it to my calibrated dna 200, it does fire about .2 volts higher, they both felt about the same though. Not sure how accurate the Fuchai is since I don't own one.
looking at DJLSB charts the alien fires about 2-3 watts higher in some situations (No mods fire 100% accurate steady not even DNA mods BTW) which in worst case from his testing fired about .04724 volts higher. (I used his readings from the .12 ohm 104 watt test where the device fired at 106.8 or 2.8 watts higher)

Reactions: KenD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread