Any True Advances Since Crown and TFV4 TFV8 (Been In Cruise Control)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I used to post here quite often, but between the OG Crown, TFV4 & a jaybo DNA200, I was or so I felt "peaked" with my vaping. I did note a TFV8 came along so I switched mostly over to that this last year & hence I've been holding steady.

*BUT*, always a but, I put up with the TFV8 and it's slight but annoying leakiness only because when I go back to a Crown I feel like I'm going back to a Kangertech coil from three years ago. The uwell Crown version 1 was my favorite for a long time, I'm fond of it, but it does not hang with the TFV8.

In the end, though, my real issue is I grow SO tired of having oil on me, my hand, always having that feeling like I got 90% off my hands and then touching my phone etc.

Is there anything truly like or better than a TFV8, that can hold the ML volume AND that stays sealed tight?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BIG TOZZ

Sep 13, 2017
I have a Vaporesso Estoc Mega as well as a Joyetech TRON T with the rebuildable 1 ohm coils on the way, the guy whose user name i am blanking on but he has the The Dude avatar, from his recommendation on the Vaporesso and another recent thread here on the Forums,

I am like you that i decide on something i like and will use it for years on end until something prompts me to look for a replacement.

It does not seem like a logical move perhaps but I went from the TFV8 to a Merlin Mini - hated the Merlin Mini to death, sold it a day later for what i paid from Gearbest during their flash sale - went back to the TFV8 - got a PICO SQUEEZE and actually thought that with its stock atty was a better experience than the TFV8. \\

I can update you my impressions on the TRON T and ESTOC MEGA when they get in from the perspective of a former TFV8 fan. I only got it to leak when it was very full BTW. However i started saying to myself "i might as well get a RDA" because with the TFV8 I did not want to let the juice levels get below the intake holes or air would get in and burn out the coils, and filled all the way it would leak. I am not in the slightest unhappy about this move because I now prefer having all my juice in the mod battery as opposed to being part of the atty, for both practicality and aesthetics.

Hope this helps -

Reactions: sd3614

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have a Vaporesso Estoc Mega as well as a Joyetech TRON T with the rebuildable 1 ohm coils on the way, the guy whose user name i am blanking on but he has the The Dude avatar, from his recommendation on the Vaporesso and another recent thread here on the Forums,

I am like you that i decide on something i like and will use it for years on end until something prompts me to look for a replacement.

It does not seem like a logical move perhaps but I went from the TFV8 to a Merlin Mini - hated the Merlin Mini to death, sold it a day later for what i paid from Gearbest during their flash sale - went back to the TFV8 - got a PICO SQUEEZE and actually thought that with its stock atty was a better experience than the TFV8. \\

I can update you my impressions on the TRON T and ESTOC MEGA when they get in from the perspective of a former TFV8 fan. I only got it to leak when it was very full BTW. However i started saying to myself "i might as well get a RDA" because with the TFV8 I did not want to let the juice levels get below the intake holes or air would get in and burn out the coils, and filled all the way it would leak. I am not in the slightest unhappy about this move because I now prefer having all my juice in the mod battery as opposed to being part of the atty, for both practicality and aesthetics.

Hope this helps -
That woulda been me. ;) Sorry for taking so long to reply--I saw this thread on my phone, decided to answer later, then forgot to.

I am a fan of the Vaporesso Estoc Mega. It is a sweet, flavorful 4ml tank with topfill and the EUC coils last through tank after tank of juice. It's not a cloud chucker. It's a flavor producer. I've found that it tops out at about 40 Watts.

I'm not a fan of the Tron tank with tjhe 1.0 Ohm Kanthal wire coils. The airflow is too strict for good DL vaping. It was a dry hit machine for me. I do find that the Nickel coils are nice when used in TC mode on a device that does TC well. I had almost completely given up the Tron until I ventured into the Wild Side of Temperature Control. It's getting another chance.

I think Heaven Gifts has the Trons for $3.00 or something but their shipping cost is stupid high.

Reactions: BIG TOZZ

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Well I bought a Sense Blazer Pro as a 6ML equal. It's the one that works with TFV8 coils and of course the leaking moves with the coil because that's the problem.

I love the top fill of the Blaze 200, I understand the Blaze 200 is more or less discontinued because the Blazer Pro came along (I understand NOT compatable with TFV8 coils). Anyway the included .2 Sense coil does a pretty good job at 120 watts and it can go much higher but the coil makes the tank get burning hot (even though the vape does not ramp up in heat like the tank does).

Close inspection the Sense coil does not appear to have the gasket issue like Smok. Looked perfect as a coil should. At 120 watts it rivals the TFV8. Maybe a 8.5 vape vs. 9.5 with TFV8 but the point is, no leaks. It's all about the leaks.

Time will tell. I also have a Crown Vaylrian coming to try.

Last edited:

geeks

Jun 26, 2011
Washington State
I am a fan of the Vaporesso Estoc Mega. It is a sweet, flavorful 4ml tank with topfill and the EUC coils last through tank after tank of juice. It's not a cloud chucker. It's a flavor producer. I've found that it tops out at about 40 Watts

I've been looking for something less expensive than the coils for the Baby Beast that came with my Alien.
I know nothing about the Clapton coils or ceramic wick. Will the Vaporesso Estoc Mega and these coils work with my Alien?
Anything else I should know about these?

TIA.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've been looking for something less expensive than the coils for the Baby Beast that came with my Alien.
I know nothing about the Clapton coils or ceramic wick. Will the Vaporesso Estoc Mega and these coils work with my Alien?
Anything else I should know about these?

TIA.
Edit: Yes, the Estoc will work on the Alien.

The Estoc does not take any coils other than Vaporesso EUC's. However, replacement coils are less than $10 shipped per 5-pack and they are very long lasting. I went through two 30ml bottles of liquid before changing.

I always measure coil life by volume of liquid used, never time elapsed since installation. People say, "my coil only lasted three days!" That's because they vaped a volume of liquid great enough to float Noah's Ark in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread