Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
My main question about this Kabuki tank is...why didn't they choose to use Atlantis coils? I have the rebuildable coil set up for my Atlantis, and it would be amazing to use it in this beautiful tank!

I'm pretty sure the original Kaubki came out before Atlantis, but a HOH follower would have to confirm that. Until recently, (and maybe still), nauti sure seemed to be the #1 premade coil.

Also, Nauti now has a TC coil and the interest in TC has soared recently.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
My Kabuki 510 arrived yesterday so washed it last night. I just assembled it and find that the wicking holes on my Nautilus BVC is mostly covered by the Kabuki tube/chimney from the top cap. This does not seem right. In my Aspire Nautilus tank the wicking holes are fully exposed. In addition when I was finished assemblying it, there was ejuice leaking out of the air hole. I think I resolved this by turning the Kabuki on its side and blowing in the mouth piece into a napkin to catch the ejuice. I hope this is not a continuing issue. On the other hand, I am not noticing any flavor improvement and was wondering if this could be a result of the wicking holes on the coil head being mostly covered although I am getting good vapor production. The ejuice I am vaping is one that I am very familiar with taste wise and with the Kabuki it is just about tasteless other than being sweet. Can someone using the Kabuki 510 provide some assistance please. The positives so far is the air flow — so much nicer than the original Aspire set up IMO. Also it is a very nice looking tank and it is great to have a 22mm tank. I have been using the Aspire Nautilus mini approximately nine months now and always found the tank to be unattractive. One other question, what does everyone feel the likelihood of Aspire continuing to manufacture the Nautilus BVC? if I can get my issues resolved permanently I am inclinded to get another Kabuki for BVC. Thanks everyone.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
+1. I have the Atlantis which I do not use because I do not care for it and also the Kanger subtanks (OCC). IMO I find the Nautilus coils to have much better flavor. In addition the coils last longer for me.

I like the Nauti better than the Atlantis so I'm fine with it.

Reactions: madangus

k2zs

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
Rochester, NY
My Kabuki 510 arrived yesterday so washed it last night. I just assembled it and find that the wicking holes on my Nautilus BVC is mostly covered by the Kabuki tube/chimney from the top cap. This does not seem right. In my Aspire Nautilus tank the wicking holes are fully exposed. In addition when I was finished assemblying it, there was ejuice leaking out of the air hole. I think I resolved this by turning the Kabuki on its side and blowing in the mouth piece into a napkin to catch the ejuice. I hope this is not a continuing issue. On the other hand, I am not noticing any flavor improvement and was wondering if this could be a result of the wicking holes on the coil head being mostly covered although I am getting good vapor production. The ejuice I am vaping is one that I am very familiar with taste wise and with the Kabuki it is just about tasteless other than being sweet. Can someone using the Kabuki 510 provide some assistance please. The positives so far is the air flow — so much nicer than the original Aspire set up IMO. Also it is a very nice looking tank and it is great to have a 22mm tank. I have been using the Aspire Nautilus mini approximately nine months now and always found the tank to be unattractive. One other question, what does everyone feel the likelihood of Aspire continuing to manufacture the Nautilus BVC? if I can get my issues resolved permanently I am inclinded to get another Kabuki for BVC. Thanks everyone.

You don't have the coil screwed in fully, what's your 510 center screw look like? is it flush or slightly recessed? If the coil isn't tight, juice will leak into the chamber.

Use the supplied hex wrench and loosen the 510 center pin. Screw the coil in, then snug up the 510. This should be a one time adjustment. When my 2 are assembled, the wicking holes are 40% - 50% obscured. That doesn't mean they are blocked as there's some gap between the coil head and the chimney tube.

Give that a try...

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Thanks much k2zs. Based on what you said my assumption is that even though the wicking holes on the BVC is completely exposed on the Aspire tank, it is not with the Kabuki. I am not sure if I understand your question about the 510 center screw being flush or slightly recessed. If you referring to the pin on the Kabuki tank it is neither flush nor recessed. What should it be? I am using a VaporShark rDNA 40 and it has a recessed spring loaded center pin. I know with the Aspire tank once I have screwed the BVC in I do get a small nub sticking out (not flush or recessed). BTW when I took the bottom cap off, the BVC coil head was stuck in the chimney. What caused this and has this ever happened to you?

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
@z2zs...I forgot to mention I use the carto upgrade kit...my bad:). You would need the chimney from the kit to make it work with carto top cap.

Notsomini.....What he is saying is, Loosen your 510 set screw on the tank and back it out but not the whole way, then screw the BVC coil into the base all the way snug. After that snug your 510 set screw in against the coil. That will insure you have a seal at the base of the coil.

The coil being stuck in the chimney means you didnt have it tight enough in the base;)

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Father’s Day is just around the corner so you will have it in no time.

I put the Kabuki back together. The wicking holes I can barely see and guess there is enough of a gap between the chimney tube and the coil head as I am not having any wicking issues and I can taste the flavor of my eliquid. I am afraid though that when I take the bottom off to refill I may find my coil head stuck in the chimney again so I may still need to play around with this — time will tell. In the meantime I am a happy lady. I have five Nautilus mini and ideally would like to replace all of them with the Kabuki or at least three (as funds permit) if I knew the coil heads will be around for a long time. I have already replaced my AFC twice and they will need to be replaced again soon. I do have the Aspire Vapor Shark temperature sensing coils that I need to try at some point. It is the old style coils with the tiny wicking holes so not sure how well they will work. I assume HoH tested the Kabuki with the new larger wicking coil heads and not with the small wicking holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread