DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Siliconia, eh? Wow! Love the glows and all the new colours. Dayum you, Zen. :D

Arnold, I had one of those Kryptonite tanks from a few years back (I think Longo has it now), and they are unbelievable! That would be a superior choice perhaps for the tank breakers among us.
Nah. I broke that thing 10 minutes after I opened the package.

[emoji23]

I kid. It's still perfect.

Sign me up, Zen.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Yeah, I have to agree with that. I ALMOST bought one when they were released but am a one Mod Man (sorta, with spares) and decided to stick with ProVape.
How about that vw commercial with the kiss song " Beth"? Kind of cool!:headbang:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
How about that vw commercial with the kiss song " Beth"? Kind of cool!:headbang:

Yeah hopefully, if Peter Criss is laying face down in the gutter somewhere, he's at least getting royalties from it.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Dammit, gnees!!!!

That which has been seen cannot easily be unseen. Trouble (with a capital T, which rhymes with "Me"...).

DAMMIT, GNEES!
Might be some Dolphin colors in there. Would look good with someone's tank?:D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah hopefully, if Peter Criss is laying face down in the gutter somewhere, he's at least getting royalties from it.

He's very much still around, Gin. He still does appearances too (signings, etc.). Of royalties I have zero doubt.

Good for him too.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
OK, time for a serious question.

Since the Kabuki has now been counterfeited by the Chinese, does anyone know how to tell the difference? I was looking at buying a used Kabuki and I realized that I could no longer be sure of what I was getting. In the cases I'm looking at I don't believe the seller is being dishonest but unless they were the original buyer I'm not confident of getting the real thing. It would just be too easy to put a counterfeit into the original egg and double your money.

I doubt that Zen has bought one so if any of you have comments, I'd appreciate it.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
The counterfeit has a flathead screw for a 510 post. An HoH has a allen head.

Easy to change, but that's very helpful! Thanks for the reply.

Edit: And now after a few minutes of thought I almost wish I hadn't posted the question.

Previously, I was heavily involved in auto restoration with a strong emphasis on authenticity. As new information was discovered, it turns out that the most interested readers were the crooks who now knew how to step up their game.

Sometimes I'm discouraged about living in a world like this, but I guess you can't worry about every little thing.

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
OK, time for a serious question.

Since the Kabuki has now been counterfeited by the Chinese, does anyone know how to tell the difference? I was looking at buying a used Kabuki and I realized that I could no longer be sure of what I was getting. In the cases I'm looking at I don't believe the seller is being dishonest but unless they were the original buyer I'm not confident of getting the real thing. It would just be too easy to put a counterfeit into the original egg and double your money.

I doubt that Zen has bought one so if any of you have comments, I'd appreciate it.
actually, Zen has bought Two. He wanted to see what the quality was like. ;)

Remember, Zen is all about helping people stop smoking, Not making money. (although making money is Always nice)! LOL ;)

We were so busy talking about other things, that I never did get around to asking him what he thought of it. We did agree that the machining was very nice. Surprising nice in fact!
But you, It's still not the one and only, Original Zen Kabuki! "There can be Only One"

Knife

Knife

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The counterfeit has a flathead screw for a 510 post. An HoH has a allen head.

:thumb:

Easy to change, but that's very helpful! Thanks for the reply.

Edit: And now after a few minutes of thought I almost wish I hadn't posted the question.

Previously, I was heavily involved in auto restoration with a strong emphasis on authenticity. As new information was discovered, it turns out that the most interested readers were the crooks who now knew how to step up their game.

Sometimes I'm discouraged about living in a world like this, but I guess you can't worry about every little thing.

It's too bad that we need to think along these lines, but we must.

actually, Zen has bought Two. He wanted to see what the quality was like. ;)

Remember, Zen is all about helping people stop smoking, Not making money. (although making money is Always nice)! LOL ;)

We were so busy talking about other things, that I never did get around to asking him what he thought of it. We did agree that the machining was very nice. Surprising nice in fact!
But you, It's still not the one and only, Original Zen Kabuki! "There can be Only One"

Knife

Knife

Hear, hear!

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I bought one clone to check them out, and indeed they have a different 510 pin (screw not allen), also the glass is of lesser quality. Machining is pretty good indeed, but my main gripe with it is the coil sticks in the chimney EVERY TIME, and unlike the original you can't thread the base back on with the coil stuck in the chimney. So you have to use pliers to remove it first...a big PITA.
Seems the measurements of the dimensions are not as accurate as the original.
The clone is now in the vape stash, not to be used unless no other option, as it's to much aggrevation.

So I don't recommend the clone, if you can afford it go original, much less trouble. If you can't afford it buy another tank or even better save up until you can afford it....it's the best factory-coil tank out there.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I bought one clone to check them out, and indeed they have a different 510 pin (screw not allen), also the glass is of lesser quality. Machining is pretty good indeed, but my main gripe with it is the coil sticks in the chimney EVERY TIME, and unlike the original you can't thread the base back on with the coil stuck in the chimney. So you have to use pliers to remove it first...a big PITA.
Seems the measurements of the dimensions are not as accurate as the original.
The clone is now in the vape stash, not to be used unless no other option, as it's to much aggrevation.

So I don't recommend the clone, if you can afford it go original, much less trouble. If you can't afford it buy another tank or even better save up until you can afford it....it's the best factory-coil tank out there.

So tru, dru.

Your post brought a bit of discussion between the DPL and me this evening. Our conversation led to buying used gear, and we both rapidly agreed on this subject. Of all the vape gear out there, we would NEVER buy "gently used" Kabukii, or Billet Boxes. Just no no no NO no.

Like you said, either buy the real deal original, or something else entirely.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
There is certainly always a gamble when buying a clown, and no or very little in the support department. Thanks for reporting in, Drugworth. It's the first I've noticed of someone who has both and can really compare.

Kat -- If one were to buy a used P3 or Z2 Kabuki it would be a "real deal original" as there are no Kabuki clowns in that configuration, nor any GMZ's or stealths. At least this week there aren't. :)

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Btw, I just can't get a connection when I use either the SS or black PROVAPE beauty rings with Jackie's V2 Mini and the 510 to P3 adapter, using a couple of different Kabuki's. I think I've taken Enaud's place as the one who nothing works properly for right out of the box unless it's had at least a 6 month break in period with the general public.

EDIT: I feel I should add that Zen is working with me on a solution, of course. He's sending me some different pins to replace the one presently in the adapter. As he said, that adapter worked with every single 510 device available to them and the difference in clearance between it working without the beauty ring and it not working with the beauty ring is probably absolutely unbelievable. I concur, but like I said, I've taken Enaud's place...

One should absolutely buy anything and everything at HOH with confidence. :thumb:

Oh, and one more thing, Jackie prefers flat tipped drip tips (like a cigar plastic tip) and she loves those pipe stem drip tips they have on closeout. :thumbs:
I cranked 2 different nautilus coils down on my P3 Kabuki as far as my 6'7" 225 lb frame would allow, but the coils won't make contact with the actual p3 side of the adapter.

You sure this isn't your issue?

I haven't mentioned this to anyone yet... Haha got it last week, and was frustrated and put my Kabuki away for awhile.

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread