Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Momentum is building!

After our wildly successful North American premiere, we've got seven big updates to share with you:

1) Please watch and share the new video highlights from the North American premiere on Facebook. Twitter too.

2) We released 100+ pictures also. Check them out here.
3) Première française!

88e96c05-3150-40ff-8a09-2e88802b7fcb.jpg

We are very excited to announce that we'll have our French Premiere at one of the most famous theaters in all of Europe, Le Grand Rex!
This will be a private event for media and VIPs, but please email James@AttentionEra.com if you'd like tickets. We do have some available.

4) African Premiere at Jozi Film Festival!

b442eea6-fa3b-45a9-8605-93a615e311e2.jpg

Two stars in A Billion Lives, Dr. Delon Human (Former President of the World Medical Association) & Dr. Derek Yach (Former Executive Director at the World Health Organization), grew up in South Africa. We are proud to announce that we'll have our African Premiere in their home country as part of the Jozi Film Festival in Johannesburg.

The press mentions have already begun (please keep showing love to our media friends).
5) Canadian Premiere!

413509ca-3626-463b-a86f-65ef2fa1bb94.jpg

The HotDocs Cinema hosts one of the most important documentary film festivals in the world. It is an honor to announce that we'll have our Canadian premiere there in Toronto on October 21st.

This will also be a private event for media and VIPs, but please email James@AttentionEra.com if you'd like tickets.
6) Official Selection at the National Harm Reduction Film Festival in San Diego

28e39cdd-f7a7-48bd-8f03-609362c85589.jpg

We are excited to bring Tobacco Harm Reduction to the broader Harm Reduction community. I agree 100% with them that harm reduction means respect, dignity and compassion. For tickets to the festival and conference, please visit their website.

Wish us luck!

7) Global Theater Launch

Thanks for your patience. We are getting close!

Because of the successful North American Premiere (and your support), we now have a distributor interested in the movie if we can gain more traction with the public and mainstream media.

In order to do that, we still need to secure more sponsored support for our Hollywood Premiere festivities. We need to host a red carpet reception, premiere, and after-party that will bring in the celebrities, media, and publicity.

It's vital to do it properly because our Hollywood Premiere will be the launch of our global theater release (which leads to Netflix and other releases). We need this topic taken seriously.

We're also planning a red carpet screening + panel discussion in New York City for international media.

In the meantime, we still need people to help organize events in their city and help get people to sign up. When we get our global launch figured out, things will move quickly. Right now we need to know what cities are interested in the movie.
We need to get organized now.

We're almost there!

- Aaron Biebert & the team

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
/wave

Is $7.22 per five pack still bout the best price for Nauti BVC coils? Needing to restock, and haven't bought *anything* since April?

I have ordered probably two times from them when they have inventory. Their shipping can be slow so be aware of this otherwise no issues.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I have ordered probably two times from them when they have inventory. Their shipping can be slow so be aware of this otherwise no issues.

This will be my second order from them. I am not even close to being out, low (to me) means I have less than 50 coils left. Vaping is so simple for me now, and I love it this way~!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Here's the link - same price as last April.

www.ecig.com
That is a good deal.

My wife was blowing thru coils in a couple of days until I changed her from Max VG to 50-60% VG and lowered the flavouring % a little bit in her juice. What a huge difference. She can get 2 weeks from a coil now. Just a FYI for anyone that is killing Nauti coils.

I have about 15 boxes, which should last her a few years as I am using RBAs mainly these days, but I will likely have to pull the trigger on 20 boxes or so once Canada figures out what they want to do with vaping regs and tax.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I've had my kabuki for a few weeks now. I bought it based on popularity and hype surrounding it's supposedly superior flavour.
I'm not a cloud chaser, and flavour is the most important thing to me.

Prior to the kabuki I was using a Kanger top tank mini on my Provari Procyon. It is a black tank and never screwed down flush with the top of the Provari, leaving a .5mm gap, which was a generally unappealing experience aesthetically.

Here in Australia I needed to pay $124 + shipping for the kabuki which is no small chunk O cash, so I had hoped I would get a very noticeable flavour increase over the Kanger tank.

Being able to recall user settings to suit a tank/coil setup on the Provari allowed me to quickly swap between the Kanger and Kabuki to compare flavour, but unfortunately there has been little if any noticeable flavour improvement from the kabuki. Exact same juice used in each tank. Money wasted from a flavour perspective.

The SS kabuki does however look a million bucks on the SS Provari compared to the black finish of the Kanger, so that's a nice positive...albeit a Very expensive positive.

Another couple of negatives I've found with the kabuki is the aspire nautilus BVC coils develop a slight burnt taste in less than a week of use (1.6ohm coil at 8.4 watts) A problem I've never had with the Kanger coils, or the Kanger mini RBA, both of which give me at least 2-3 weeks of use with zero burnt flavour.
I've also purchased a box of Apsire 1.2ohm Triton mini kanthal coils which fit and work perfectly in the kabuki at a recommended 15-20watts, but even they develop a burnt taste after a few days use, set at their recommended minimum 15watts.
I do however like the more open draw on the triton mini coils compared to the nautilus BVC's, but at $15 - $18 per pack of 5 it will become VERY expensive in the long term to continue buying aspire coils for the kabuki especially considering less than a week of use per coil before the horrid burnt taste sets in compared to a few cents per rebuild on the Kanger, and the Kayfun clone I have just purchased...

The other negative with the Kabuki is a VERY Minor one but worth mentioning anyway.
I really like the feel and look of the standard kabuki drip tip...except that the end that pushes into the tank looks like it was cut with a blunt kitchen knife by a child.
Very crooked (see pic) and not something I would expect on such a revered high dollar tank.
No it doesn't affect performance at all, but I see it every time I remove it to invert the kabuki for filling

And the lack in availability of a decent rebuildable deck for the kabuki has helped me decide to buy a Tobeco Kayfun V5 clone (can't find any genuine Kayfun V5's here in Australia) to replace the kabuki as my main tank. Should arrive tomorrow, and was less than half the cost of the generally disappointing kabuki.

So that's my kabuki story. Just sayin' :2c: :)

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I've had my kabuki for a few weeks now. I bought it based on popularity and hype surrounding it's supposedly superior flavour.

Prior to the kabuki I was using a Kanger top tank mini on my Provari Procyon. It is a black tank and never screwed down flush with the top of the Provari, leaving a .5mm gap, which was a generally unappealing experience aesthetically.

Here in Australia I needed to pay $124 + shipping for the kabuki which is no small chunk O cash, so I had hoped I would get a very noticeable flavour increase over the Kanger tank.

Being able to recall user settings to suit a tank/coil setup on the Provari allowed me to quickly swap between the Kanger and Kabuki to compare flavour, but unfortunately there has been little if any noticeable flavour improvement from the kabuki. Exact same juice used in each tank. Money wasted from a flavour perspective.

The SS kabuki does however look a million bucks on the SS Provari compared to the black finish of the Kanger, so that's a nice positive...albeit a Very expensive positive.

Another couple of negatives I've found with the kabuki is the aspire nautilus BVC coils develop a slight burnt taste in less than a week of use (1.6ohm coil at 8.4 watts) A problem I've never had with the Kanger coils, or the Kanger mini RBA, both of which give me at least 2-3 weeks of use with zero burnt flavour.
I've also purchased a box of Apsire 1.2ohm Triton mini kanthal coils which fit and work perfectly in the kabuki at a recommended 15-20watts, but even they develop a burnt taste after a few days use, set at their recommended minimum 15watts.
I do however like the more open draw on the triton mini coils compared to the nautilus BVC's, but at $15 - $18 per pack of 5 it will become VERY expensive in the long term to continue buying aspire coils for the kabuki especially considering less than a week of use per coil before the horrid burnt taste sets in compared to a few cents per rebuild on the Kanger, and the Kayfun clone I have just purchased...

The other negative with the Kabuki is a VERY Minor one but worth mentioning anyway.
I really like the feel and look of the standard kabuki drip tip...except that the end that pushes into the tank looks like it was cut with a blunt kitchen knife by a child.
Very crooked (see pic) and not something I would expect on such a revered high dollar tank.
No it doesn't affect performance at all, but I see it every time I remove it to invert the kabuki for filling

And the lack in availability of a decent rebuildable deck for the kabuki has helped me decide to buy a Tobeco Kayfun V5 clone (can't find any genuine Kayfun V5's here in Australia) to replace the kabuki as my main tank. Should arrive tomorrow, and was less than half the cost of the generally disappointing kabuki.

Send me a PM with your address, and I'll PIF you a couple of stock Kabuki drip tips.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

I have 4 Kabukis and I agree with what you said.

They look great, but the flavor isn't head and shoulders above Kanger and Aspire tanks.

I am mainly using Subtank Minis with the RBA at 0.4-0.5ohms and I don't even need to rewick for up to 3 weeks. And that is vaping over 10ml of juice a day.

My wife uses a Kabuki, a Nautilus Mini and a Triton Mini and the Triton Mini has a noticeably longer coil life. 2+ weeks with a Nauti 1.6/1.8.

IMO, the Aspire 1.2ohm coils are terrible. Triton Mini or Nautilus are just crap IMO. The Kanger ones suck too. Just muted flavor and almost just between a good useable range for good flavor (0.4-0.9 and 1.6-1.9 IMO/IME).

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
When I first got my kabuki it was great. Flavor was way better than my subtank or nautilus for the first two coils which both came from HOH. Subsequent coils have been problematic. Muted flavor, never really getting past that cotton break in taste and just as they do, within a day they are shot. Barely 3 tanks on a coil. I think something with the coils themselves changed. I did rebuild a couple coils with new cotton and was back to flavor that rivaled my RBA's. Something in the coils changed and I think it has to do with the cotton.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
just a thought...are y'all remembering to start out at a lower voltage for a bit and then work your way up ?
I was just thinking the same thing!

I always go very low, to 3.2 volts or 8 watts, depending on which device I'm using (v2.5 vs P3/NewClassic/Radius).
I'll take about 5 puffs, then go up to 3.4 volts or 8.4 watts...so on and so forth.

Eventually I work my way to 4.0 volts, or 10 watts.

Sure, 4.0 volts on a 1.8 ohm coil is 8.8-ish watts, but when I'm using a Provari v2.5, that's the sweetspot!
For my "smarter" Provape devices, 10-11 watts is my go-to sweetspot.

I don't know how or why.

4.2 volts on a 1.8 ohm coil is about 9.8 watts...so, they're close enough!

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
My first thought was, taste is very subjective. My transition from Nautilus to Kabuki saw a massive increase in flavor and coil performance overall. That still holds true today. Each person processes the "flavor" differently and one just needs to find the setup that's suits them best and vape on. [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I'm sorry to read about the negative experiences with the Kabuki.

I wouldn't compare it to the sub ohm tanks, it's a different type of vaping.

I had used Provaris from the time I committed to vaping. I was on the Nautilus since they released. Coils would last me 2 days.

I went to the SX Mini and began with the Atlantis 2, then the Crown and Kanger Subtank and found a different experience. Big clouds great flavor, direct to lung, and I was sucking down juice like I was drinking it. I was coughing a lot, chest felt heavier, and my living room looked like a Vape shop with no ventilation. I don't mind it occasionally, but I got back on the Provari, purchased the Kabuki, and found it to be the kind of vaping I prefer. I find I can get 1-2 weeks on a coil. I really enjoy the flavor, I like that a 30ml bottle of juice lasts me over a week, and I can get more than a day of battery life on my Radius.

The big question is are you priming your coils? I drip a couple of drops on the coil, screw it in to the base, assemble the top, and let it sit for 2-3 minutes. I put it on my Provari, cover the holes and suck in a little to make sure the wick is ready. I vape 1/2 tank at 9.2 Watts NO BOOST and incrementally increase to my desired 10.6 Watts, then add boost 2. I use 1.6 ohm coils. For convenience I keep a setting on my Provari for new coils.

I hope this helps someone, it's definitely given me the best experience with my coils. It may be a little tedious up front, but for the short term maintenance, you get long term performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread