Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
116596bb4e2c0b7b849a3f98a109d578.jpg
Anybody like the Kabuki tank? Been thinking about getting one for my old black/red Provari seen here..haven't used it in years, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
So, Knife... I'm not following your post as well as I'd like to. Can you elaborate on what you mean by the "more liberal mindset" as pertains to the people in this thread? Generalizations only go so far. Specifics would be helpful to understand you more.

If you choose to leave, then best wishes to you. I'm never clear on why anyone would post in a thread that they are leaving, rather than just leave.

Who are the "more pc members" here to whom you refer?

I also don't quite get how the Kabuki has lost its purpose, based on your reasoning that "so many were shown the door". Who was shown the door, and how? I've never seen a ban in this thread. What do you mean? How does what you believe to have happened affect the purpose of the Kabuki?

As far as asking about Zen? Why wouldn't people ask for him and want him in here? This is his creation, after all. So no, in answer to your question, I don't think everyone has "figured it out" yet. What is there to figure out? I believe a lot of people enjoy interacting with him and appreciate his contributions very much.

In terms of your next assessment...... who it is who is arrogant and dense? Who are you talking about? And why?? I find those adjectives to be brutally rude and attacking of the posters here (which, just by the way, is against forum rules).

As classwife pointed out, and as none of us have seen, Zen was never banned, and I'm fairly certain is MORE than welcome here, as he's always been. I have a feeling he'll be back when the time is right. I'm not sure what information you received, but it might be worth double checking on that. This might just be a game of telephone.

Who stabbed you in the back? Why are you so angry?

I do hope it's not over the VVTF atty.

You're all my vaping friends. I care about you.
I had decided to ignore the thing.
But, I have to say this whole thing bothers me.
I'm not always current with the thread, I've been away out of the country quite a bit and though tried to stay with it haven't always succeeded, so I've undoubtedly missed stuff.

That said, it's struck me that Knife's posts were jumped on for more than each post's content. I don't know why. But, that's clear to me.
The bit about no selling outside the classifieds? Wow.
I've reread the post three times. He isn't offering to buy or sell or trade. He simply states that he had been interested, got no takers...

Good grief. Lighten up. We're under attack. Let's not attack each other.
That's my piece. I'm not looking for likes, nor dislikes, nor replies. I'm not leaving, though Knife and HB appear to have. I'm saddened by that.

Last edited:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Airflow.
Is it tight ??

My personal opinions are;

It is really a mouth to lunger but you can open up to a restricted lung. Good for non-coil gunking juices with 50% or less VG. Doesn't compare favourably with some of the latest high end RBAs in my opinion. Major plus is the P3 connection for Provari users.

Downside is you are completely reliant on the quality of the drop in Aspire coils and you need to be pretty careful with wattage used to extend their life. Don't buy a stealth as the coating is absolute rubbish.

In their time - there were few that could compare with the flavour and quality.

FWIW. I had two, sold one, and seldom use it these days as they don't bring out the flavour in my NET juices that I vape most often.

Again these are just my personal views. I am hoping HoH bring something new out as they make quality gear.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
My personal opinions are;

It is really a mouth to lunger but you can open up to a restricted lung. Good for non-coil gunking juices with 50% or less VG. Doesn't compare favourably with some of the latest high end RBAs in my opinion. Major plus is the P3 connection for Provari users.

Downside is you are completely reliant on the quality of the drop in Aspire coils and you need to be pretty careful with wattage used to extend their life. Don't buy a stealth as the coating is absolute rubbish.

In their time - there were few that could compare with the flavour and quality.

FWIW. I had two, sold one, and seldom use it these days as they don't bring out the flavour in my NET juices that I vape most often.

Again these are just my personal views. I am hoping HoH bring something new out as they make quality gear.
Good points, thx!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I am using the $0.50 Fasttech replacement glasses for my 4 Kabukis. They are as good as the authentics IMO.

I have 4 authentic Kabukis and 4 HoH authentic mods, so I have spent a lot of $$$ with Zen.... I just won't pay $10 anymore for a tiny glass tube.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Hehe, meanwhile, I'm using the same piece of plastic(?) that was made for me by a kind member over a year ago and it's working just great :)
Kindness...

The Gift that Keeps on Giving!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hehe, meanwhile, I'm using the same piece of plastic(?) that was made for me by a kind member over a year ago and it's working just great :)
Cool. I remember that being mentioned.

Actually, the HoH poly tanks do work great and are $3-4. I have been using a couple for 4-5 months and no issues at all. MUCH better value and longitivity than their fragile glass tanks IME.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I still use a Poly on one of mine too. It has been great and is holding up very well.

Since I favor decorated glass and colors, I've sought them out for an assortment of attys through the years.

I've found the coating scratches very easily on the Chinese color tubes I've used. So, I simply have plenty of back-ups.

The Bedazzled, Phiniac (when etched on clear) and Spectrum all look great after much use and abuse. I have some, but want more back-ups of these. :)

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Sadly due to bad hands I drop my PV more than I care to admit. Both the Radius and the Kabuki show some damage (scratches, etc), but when I was using glass tanks I thought I was going to have to change toppers.
That must be a bit heart breaking any time one of those beautiful mods hits the deck Peter :cry:
Yeah they're built well, and tough, but its never nice to damage something so expensive, even if it's "only" cosmetic.

p.s. I can relate to "bad hands" mate..

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
That must be a bit heart breaking any time one of those beautiful mods hits the deck Peter :cry:
Yeah they're built well, and tough, but its never nice to damage something so expensive, even if it's "only" cosmetic.

p.s. I can relate to "bad hands" mate..

Very much so :(
So far (knock wood) it has been only cosmetic damage, but I fear the day that it's more as I have no backups at this point. For me the Radius+Kabuki combo has been so reliable I've had zero need to even consider owning, let alone carrying any type of backup...but,my own fault my be another story...

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
Very much so :(
So far (knock wood) it has been only cosmetic damage, but I fear the day that it's more as I have no backups at this point. For me the Radius+Kabuki combo has been so reliable I've had zero need to even consider owning, let alone carrying any type of backup...but,my own fault my be another story...
I totally understand "no backups" mate. I certainly ain't wealthy enough to own the many mods/tanks others here have.
No that doesn't make them elitists, just fortunate enough to be able to afford backups and options.

I have quickly learned where quality exists, and I'll never look past ProVape mods. (YMMV)
But tanks are relatively inexpensive, and there are so So many good ones it would never hurt anyones wallet to have 2 or 3..or more.

The glass on our Kabuki's can be apparently easy to break. A spare glass is cheap as chips.
A backup tank costs a little more but is an overall cheap investment considering the $$ we spent on tobacco every week.

My Kayfun 5 clone came with both a glass, and a stainless steel tank. If I break the glass tank I've got the unbreakable SS as a backup (and a full set of replacement O rings). Cheap as chips. And my favourite tank flavour wise.
Yes the glass tank looks better and is more convenient for monitoring juice level. But the SS tank option is there "if" I break the glass tank.

I dunno about you matey, but I gave up the stinkies using evods, and I still have 'em.
Absolutely dirt cheap, they taste ok, and they are all there as last resort backups.
This whole pic cost me about the same as 2 weeks smoking. Money well spent! :)
837F5C05-C192-4872-9AAC-B852CD65DF78_zpsc3ff4l8b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread