• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone buy products from "FastTech" (often endorsed by ........'s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I ordered a pack of ten evods from fasttech. Didn't care for the coils, which I replaced, and they all have worked just fine for me. Three vapers in the house swear by them (with replacement coils). I simply recoiled each of those heads for pennies with cotton and they work better than the authentic heads. I do recommend them with the new head caveat.

Thats interesting. I found the same thing. I replaced the coils with some Ive been buying from discountvapers. I kind of like the 1.8 ohm larger Pro tank coils. My other family members dont mind the ones that came with them either. I do plan on rebuilding them one of these days myself when I get bored.

I did rebuild my first one a couple days ago, just one attempt. I certainly tasted/vaped better, but I did get a bit of a gurgle. I believe this was 1st time rebuild error..not enough wick maybe. You think i should put a bit more wick in there ?

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
the cgr rocks and FT now carries the green 2900PD's from panasonic as well. wicked awesome battery.

Those are the ones sitting in my post office waiting to get picked up. They are the same ones I believe that Orbtronic modifies into their improved version. Should be kick ....!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Close!
Here's what I ordered - and am eagerly awaiting!

Nitecore I4 V2 Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger
Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)
INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment

Then I went to RTD for shorter batteries, and got
AW IMR 18350 and 18490

Agreed about FastTech - mixed. Didn't like the EVOD, it was a knockoff - but many people have said they're happy with them.
Also got EGO batteries - and 2 of 3 are in the "not really working right" pile.
But, unlike many people, I WAS really happy with the juice!! Got some more of that coming with the SVD, too - it's SO cheap that it's probably going to stay in my regular stock (just a DeKang Turkish - but I like it!).

I copy and pasted my SVD order from fattech..... the charger is at the bottom. It does 4 at a time and I have been very pleased.

Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries

SKU 1141101

QTY 2

UltraFire 18350 3.7V 1200mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)

SKU 1053201

QTY 2

INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment

SKU 1370201

QTY 1

JETBeam I4 PRO US Plug 4-Channel Li-Ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Intelligent Battery Charger (Enhanced Version)

SKU 1358713

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
This is particularly true with batts, which represent a truly sensitive part of the vaping experience
i agree, been through tons of batteries and my fall back will always be AW. but tried the 2250 and wow, then i saw all the links to the 2900 and holy cow, im starting to forget when i changed batteries in my provari, was it yesterday? or the day before? maybe it was 3 days ago lol. its not hard to see they arent sitting on their hands where battery chemistry and performance are concerned. and i say more power to them.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Thats interesting. I found the same thing. I replaced the coils with some Ive been buying from discountvapers. I kind of like the 1.8 ohm larger Pro tank coils. My other family members dont mind the ones that came with them either. I do plan on rebuilding them one of these days myself when I get bored.

I did rebuild my first one a couple days ago, just one attempt. I certainly tasted/vaped better, but I did get a bit of a gurgle. I believe this was 1st time rebuild error..not enough wick maybe. You think i should put a bit more wick in there ?

What size/type wick? How many did you put in?

I rebuild mine with 32awg kanthal a1 now, wrapped over three pieces of 1mm ekowool, works great, little gurgle still once tank pressure gets low from less juice in the clearo's, which is known to happen when they start running low on juice.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Dude, you're just wrong.

There are several hundred people here who've put both vendor's you are maligning to the test, and many who have more information.

FastTech, since that's the main topic, has proven QUITE ACCURATE in their brand claims. As long as you understand that "EGO" and "EVOD" are not brands, but are product descriptions, accepted by consumers as such. Look at the EVOD - it does NOT say Kanger (and it is, indeed, a copy of a Kanger).

They took the name Innokin off the product description, EVEN THOUGH IT IS a real Innokin, to avoid dispute with the manufacturer - but other than that - so far - if it SAYS the brand, then it is. You just have to know that it's likely to NOT be the brand, when it doesn't say so, and it's 30% of the price elsewhere...

Don't buy things from Fast Tech, unless you want to buy items that are falsely marketed as the real thing. They are NOT the real products. If you buy one, when you get it, you will notice the logo is not correct, among other things. The same thing with Kamry products, they released a statement saying Fast Tech is selling fake versions of their things too.

The guy that runs Vapor Joe's blog is a Fast Tech employee. He is lieing to you all, telling you that they are real, because this is his job! He gets paid to lie to you.

The Sigelei mods, and clone mods other companies sell are different than this. Fast Tech clones the cloners, and vapor joe's blog lies to you telling you that the items are real, makes up a big story, just so that he gets 2% of every purchase you make on his blog, on top of what fast tech pays him.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA

I can tell you that my first four didn't work well, then I went 10 for 12. Probably just a first time build issue. Also, could be your juice, number of flavor wicks, etc. My personal experience is that all clearomizers that have the potential to leak, I can get to leak, gurgle, etc. I'm apparently something of an expert. That's the bad news. The good news is that they're easily fixed, and I do that without even thinking about it anymore. Keep trying the build until you get it to work with your juice, vape preference, etc. I haven't been doing it that long, but I'm encouraged by how easy it has become. I can spend 45 minutes and make enough coils to last the family a month, and cheap too. Really liking the cotton, just cannot dry burn, at all, ever. When I can recoil and have a perfect vape in about 5 minutes, I'm a pretty happy guy, and not dumping big bucks into heads that only last me two or three days. I vape 10 mils daily, heavy, dark, sweet, juice at voltage. This really kills the coils quickly, turning them solid black, where they won't wick any longer, can then leak and gurgle, then replaced and magically happy again.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Close!
Here's what I ordered - and am eagerly awaiting!

Nitecore I4 V2 Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger
Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack)

Then I went to RTD for shorter batteries, and got
AW IMR 18350 and 18490

Agreed about FastTech - mixed. Didn't like the EVOD, it was a knockoff - but many people have said they're happy with them.
Also got EGO batteries - and 2 of 3 are in the "not really working right" pile.
But, unlike many people, I WAS really happy with the juice!! Got some more of that coming with the SVD, too - it's SO cheap that it's probably going to stay in my regular stock (just a DeKang Turkish - but I like it!).

A note about your "bad pile". I give fasttech an AAA+++ for service. Check this out. Ive had a few things go bad here and there from them. Mostly ego batteries ( my daughters love the size, the sparkly ones, the skulls. the zodiacs..etc, etc... ) OK, you get the picture. Two vaping daughters = big fasttech orders (plus I give kits away to friends wanting to quit).

With that said, I finally decided to see about returning a few things (more than a few)... I email them and give them a list of several items and even tell them about a couple that were out of the warranty time frame that I just didnt bother with and was honest with them about it letting them know they were out of warranty and undertood if they were not able to help (two varable volt egos were pretty much DOA). They email me back immediately, tell me to send it ALL back and they will take care of it. Sent me an RA number and an address in Miami and told me they would reimburse me for the shipping.

What other vendor would do that ? None that I know of. I warn folks on here to be carefull what they order from them due to some things may be a bit lower quality ( ego batteries mostly, although my daughters have some that are still going strong for 7 months), But you know what ? With a return policy and warranty like that, who cares.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Wow.
That is impressive. If it was my en-route SVD, for SURE I'd contact them and request a fix. I just didn't think it was worth even pursuing over a battery - especially a stupid chrome-plated $6 1100 Mah battery. LOL.

They email me back immediately, tell me to send it ALL back and they will take care of it. Sent me an RA number and an address in Miami and told me they would reimburse me for the shipping.

What other vendor would do that ? None that I know of. I warn folks on here to be carefull what they order from them due to some things may be a bit lower quality ( ego batteries mostly, although my daughters have some that are still going strong for 7 months), But you know what ? With a return policy and warranty like that, who cares.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
What size/type wick? How many did you put in?

I rebuild mine with 32awg kanthal a1 now, wrapped over three pieces of 1mm ekowool, works great, little gurgle still once tank pressure gets low from less juice in the clearo's, which is known to happen when they start running low on juice.

I was at a vape show the other day and picked up that Kanthal 32 yiou mentioned and some 2.5 mm wick (looks like nylon string and when you cut it, it unravels pretty quickly) I just did a 4 time wrap around the wick and put it all back together and the ohms read 1.2 on the SVD. I looked really wimpy to tell the truth and I didnt add any other wick in there, didnt double it up or anything. I really thought the wick was too small. ( it sure hit great though) I had to vape it at like 3.2 volts.

Please suggest anything to me. I just sat down and watyched a youtube vid of someone rebuilding his and I just followed directiions. I ust say it seemed easy.

PS... Im listening to you Bill..hanging on every word.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I can tell you that my first four didn't work well, then I went 10 for 12. Probably just a first time build issue. Also, could be your juice, number of flavor wicks, etc. My personal experience is that all clearomizers that have the potential to leak, I can get to leak, gurgle, etc. I'm apparently something of an expert. That's the bad news. The good news is that they're easily fixed, and I do that without even thinking about it anymore. Keep trying the build until you get it to work with your juice, vape preference, etc. I haven't been doing it that long, but I'm encouraged by how easy it has become. I can spend 45 minutes and make enough coils to last the family a month, and cheap too. Really liking the cotton, just cannot dry burn, at all, ever. When I can recoil and have a perfect vape in about 5 minutes, I'm a pretty happy guy, and not dumping big bucks into heads that only last me two or three days. I vape 10 mils daily, heavy, dark, sweet, juice at voltage. This really kills the coils quickly, turning them solid black, where they won't wick any longer, can then leak and gurgle, then replaced and magically happy again.

Bill, you give me hope man !! Old dogs like me dont learn real fast.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
2.5 mm the only size you have? If so, and you gurgle/leak badly, throw another piece on there and try it out. If it don't work, can always just take it back out. You will probably experience this most often when your tank is low on juice, due to lack of vacuum pressure. Sometimes it's best to just try topping back off, blow the tube out, and close it back up again carefully.

And, Bill is right, if it can leak/gurgle, it probably will at some point!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I was at a vape show the other day and picked up that Kanthal 32 yiou mentioned and some 2.5 mm wick (looks like nylon string and when you cut it, it unravels pretty quickly) I just did a 4 time wrap around the wick and put it all back together and the ohms read 1.2 on the SVD. I looked really wimpy to tell the truth and I didnt add any other wick in there, didnt double it up or anything. I really thought the wick was too small. ( it sure hit great though) I had to vape it at like 3.2 volts.

Please suggest anything to me. I just sat down and watyched a youtube vid of someone rebuilding his and I just followed directiions. I ust say it seemed easy.

PS... Im listening to you Bill..hanging on every word.

Yeah, I'm more like 7 wraps with the 32 and I get 2.0 to 2.2 ohms, using about 4.2 - 4.6 volts generally. I wrap two 1 mm wicks and two 1 mm flavor wicks. That is working well so far. I mainly use the evods on Sigelei's, Vamo's and Innokin's, and mostly when out of the house. The ladies in the house use evods everywhere, though I am getting the wife on the cartos now. I usually use the carto/tanks when home. Keep tinkering, Power up and Vape On. Best to you!

JustMe2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Southern Arizona
Don't buy things from Fast Tech, unless you want to buy items that are falsely marketed as the real thing. They are NOT the real products. If you buy one, when you get it, you will notice the logo is not correct, among other things. The same thing with Kamry products, they released a statement saying Fast Tech is selling fake versions of their things too.

The guy that runs Vapor Joe's blog is a Fast Tech employee. He is lieing to you all, telling you that they are real, because this is his job! He gets paid to lie to you.

The Sigelei mods, and clone mods other companies sell are different than this. Fast Tech clones the cloners, and vapor joe's blog lies to you telling you that the items are real, makes up a big story, just so that he gets 2% of every purchase you make on his blog, on top of what fast tech pays him.

I'm not interested in standing up for Fastech but I bought a Kanger Protank from them and trust me it was a Kanger Protank...

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Dude, you're just wrong.

There are several hundred people here who've put both vendor's you are maligning to the test, and many who have more information.

FastTech, since that's the main topic, has proven QUITE ACCURATE in their brand claims. As long as you understand that "EGO" and "EVOD" are not brands, but are product descriptions, accepted by consumers as such. Look at the EVOD - it does NOT say Kanger (and it is, indeed, a copy of a Kanger).

They took the name Innokin off the product description, EVEN THOUGH IT IS a real Innokin, to avoid dispute with the manufacturer - but other than that - so far - if it SAYS the brand, then it is. You just have to know that it's likely to NOT be the brand, when it doesn't say so, and it's 30% of the price elsewhere...

Pretty sure VJ isn't a vendor, just a dude... with a passion for vaping... and always trying to find the best deals for himself and the rest of us folks (even if they are ingrates).

I for one appreciate what VJ does for the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread