Anyone concerned about the residual film on say a window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewer26

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
NY
I typically vape in my car as I'm sure a lot of people do. However, during the colder months when I either just crack the window open a little or not at all, a film begins to develop on the windows. After a week or so its really on there to the point where it doesn't come off much without a cleaner and hard scrubbing. I'm wondering if this is also being caked onto my lungs. A little concerning.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
First, forget the "water vapor" myth. There is some PG/VG that is exhaled. Now, with the winter months, you'll notice that it's easier to fog windows. The film is a reaction of your vapor hitting the cold glass and sticking. Because it does not evaporate as water when the glass warms, it sticks and stays. It's just a physical occurrence that happens due to the atmosphere and the chemicals involved.

There is no correlation between the film on your car windows and any physical harm.

Best way to clean the film is by using warm, plain water on a rag, then followed by your choice of glass cleaner to remove streaks. I like Invisible Glass brand for car windows, personally.

I try to be conscious when exhaling and blow down toward the floor to minimize the vapor contact with the windsheld when it's freezing out.

Last edited:
Reactions: four2109

Brewer26

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
NY
Obviously. It was just an observation that whatever is in the vapor leaves a residue not easily removed from glass without some windex. Which obviously will lead to a concern of a sticky residue being caked onto lung tissue. However, I must say if that was the case we'd all be hacking up some crud and have trouble breathing especially during exercise. This certainly isn't the case for me.

Ron Pinckard

Feb 11, 2013
Highland Il.
:unsure:Unlike your car and or house windows, your body has this mechanism to expell anything that is inside your lungs ( with the exception of tar and crap from smokes) its called coughing. Once we started vaping and got off the smokes the cilia inside our lungs cleaned up and can now do what they were intended to do, remove dust and such from inside our lungs.

Foggin Munky

Feb 28, 2015
Florida
Obviously. It was just an observation that whatever is in the vapor leaves a residue not easily removed from glass without some windex. Which obviously will lead to a concern of a sticky residue being caked onto lung tissue. However, I must say if that was the case we'd all be hacking up some crud and have trouble breathing especially during exercise. This certainly isn't the case for me.

Hmmmm, so maybe a few drops of Windex, in the juice, would clean the lungs right up :D

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Hmmmm, so maybe a few drops of Windex, in the juice, would clean the lungs right up :D

Don't even joke about this. Some people are not smart enough to see the sarcastic humor and will take you seriously...

Reactions: Shadav

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
My windows are doing the same in a large 2 bedroom unit. There are 2 of us and i was suprised at how much "mist" is there. We Vape 50/50 and were both plus ohm but one is now sub ohm but I dont think its made a difference in the amount on a window.

I think the next few weeks when it remains warmier, it will be easier to tell then exactly the cause.

My concern?
We just spent $3500 painting the place after giving up smoking to paint over that "lovely" nicotine wall paint cover, using very expensice sealer first that is used when fires have taken place, and am only worried about having to paint again.

But yes I do hope that goes away as sooon as it gets warmer. If not I might revisit this coloumn thread at that point.

Actually I AM MORE CONCERNED about the time I now have to wash my hair and dry it and then take a straightening tool to it as it keeps getting greasy on the 3rd morning..LOL
Never had greay hair before and I bega to wonder if it was also from Vaping but then it dawned on me.......filling up all the tanks one cant help but get oil on their hands, no matter how subtle there is on them, only has to be run through the hair a few times, putting hair behind the ear etc ;)

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
First, forget the "water vapor" myth. There is some PG/VG that is exhaled. Now, with the winter months, you'll notice that it's easier to fog windows. The film is a reaction of your vapor hitting the cold glass and sticking. Because it does not evaporate as water when the glass warms, it sticks and stays. It's just a physical occurrence that happens due to the atmosphere and the chemicals involved.

There is no correlation between the film on your car windows and any physical harm.

Best way to clean the film is by using warm, plain water on a rag, then followed by your choice of glass cleaner to remove streaks. I like Invisible Glass brand for car windows, personally.

I try to be conscious when exhaling and blow down toward the floor to minimize the vapor contact with the windsheld when it's freezing out.

sounds most reasonable

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
No, it isn't "just water vapor". That is a lie. But I tend to think it probably isn't as bad as the brown crap I used to clean off my windows.

Throw a couple of ice cubes in a glass and exhale your vape into the glass for awhile. It's kind of fun to play with, but you will see the results on the surface of the glass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread