anyone else allergic to pg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

op3operator

Feb 23, 2016
Canada,sk,regina
Just looking for some insight last couple months Ive been struggling with the vaping,I went to the doc a week ago told him my story he says im allergic to pg and certain flavourings may irritate more. in the juice although he doesn't say vaping is good for me vs smoking he would rather me quit both altogether. ive had to resort to taking reacton allergy pills, just to use the vape. doesnt work fully but it works enough. it's like having a cold that wont go away.

What are my options here at first i thought it was juices with insane amount of sweeteners in the irritating me most vg i can find is like 80 vg but most are 70. i also tried the most expensive juices to the most simple.

Not sure what I can do can you even vape 100 vg? I feel like without the pg Im not gonna get the throat feeling. where would i get 100vg juice? 100vg would be sweet as a .... no? probably would have to make it myself.

it's a tough situation, ive been vaping for 2 years, and slowly since the start the juices have been irritating me itchy throat sneezing heavy lungs,itchy skin. Im allergic to pet dander aswell and it basically gives the same symptoms. Maybe theres a CAT hiding in my house somewhere? lol

op3operator

Feb 23, 2016
Canada,sk,regina
I was given the scratch test, and got hives. seemed like a too simple of a test to determine if someones allergic to something,But im kind of going with it because I don't know what else it would be.They don't seem to concerned with finding the exact cause i was basically just told to stop being dumb and quit smoking and vaping . if i want to fix the problem. And I do agree with them but im addicted to nicotine, smoked for 15 years, you guys all know how it is.
Unflavoured eliquid? no actually didn't even know they made that! so no taste all all just the nic and vaper? i guess thats worth a try im gonna have to try find a BandM store to try get some or else i might be screwed with it being xmas and all.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Good information.
Many flavorings are PG based, so even a lightly flavored, Max VG mix may contain 10% or 15% PG.
I googled: Canada E Liquid DIY supplies
These are some of the results: I have not used ANY of them and am NOT recommending ANY of them.

Have fun.
Paradise Vapes Paradisevapes E-liquid E-juice Nicotine Canada
Where to buy DIY ejuice supplies in Canada? • /r/Canadian_ecigarette
Canadian Source for Electronic Cigarette E Liquid DIY Concentrated Flavourings (LorAnn, Capella, FlavourArt)
Fusion Flavours Professional Grade Concentrates

Cheers
I

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I am totally allergic to PG. Developed the Allergy after around 2-3 years of Vaping. The situation became even more complicated because I began DIY and bought Artificial flavors. Turned out I'm allergic to them too.

If I might make a suggestion, I've been vaping this mixture as my all around vape for years with no
ill effects. It's like a cup of coffee I just don't tire of it. It's also very hypoallergenic.
Finally you will save alot of money with DIY, I think I spend around $2.00 per 30ml bottle.

It's easy peasy to make if you follow my instructions to the letter.

Ingredients
Cooks Vanilla Peppermint Extract
Pure Vanilla Extract, Powders & Flavorings

100mg Nicotine in 100% Vg
UnFlavored Nicotine E-Liquid Base

Vegetable Glycerin My favorite is Mountain Rose Herbs it's mellower taste than other VG
Vegetable Glycerine – Mountain Rose Herbs

Equipment

1. Buy a Travel Kit with a 2 ounce empty plastic bottle from any local drug store.
Trust me the 2 ounce bottle saves mega time in terms of adding flavoring.

2. Check out the medicine droppers at the store and if you can't find a good one
This link is exactly what you are looking for, forget pipettes syringes, tiny 1ml glass dropper etc... Vg Base is
very viscous and you need a wide dropper like this one.
Lixit® Medicine Dropper, 3 mL | Jeffers Pet
Possibly this one on Amazon with Prime would do the trick
https://www.amazon.com/Dreambaby-L3...sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=3+ml+medicine+dropper

3. a 4 ounce or 8 ounce or even 16 ounce bottle
If you don't have one then MFS sells a 125ml (4.25 ounce) or 250ml bottle 8 1/2 Ounces. This is close enough no need to be .... retentive..
250ml Amber Glass Bottle

Now do the following in exactly this order. It saves you from having to measure out the VG.

1st Step add 25% or slightly less of the Cooks Peppermint so if you have the
8 ounce bottle just fill up the 2ounce travel bottle and dump it in. Or if you are making only 4 Ounces
then just fill the 2 ounce travel bottle 1/2 way and dump

2nd step add the nicotine

Rule of thumb is that each 1 ml of 100mg Nic Base added per ounce is equal to 3.3mg Liquid.
If you have an 8 ounce bottle and you wanted your liquid to be around 3.3 then just add 8ml , if you want it to be 6.6 then double the base that you add..
I never bothered to figure out the mathematical formula for an even 3 or 6 does 1/3 mg to 1mg difference really matter.?
3. Close bottle and shake. Reason why I do this is from time to time I've made the mistake of overfilling in the next step and since the flavoring weighs less and floats to the top, if unmixed it wll overflow out the top first and it's hard to get the flavor exact. So better to shake at this point

4. Fill bottle to the top with VG. Shake it up and you are done. No need to steep, organic & natural flavors taste excellent from the second they are mixed and don't need steeping.

If this receipe doesn't work for you then nothing will.!

op3operator

Feb 23, 2016
Canada,sk,regina
thanks for the info guys/gals. i did manage to get an unflavoured the only brand in a store was a brand called U-turn, its like 8$ for 30 mls seems to cheap to be true.Im still testing it out but I managed to get a pretty rank COLD so my lungs just arent handling much of anything right now, maybe 10 puffs a day. Gonna try to DIY after xmas if this unflavoured does not work for me in that brand.

Reactions: Izan

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I think Tomsgreat has covered your answer. I'm not allergic to PG, just don't like it as it makes me cough. I use max VG store bought juice and when I DIY I use only VG as a base, with nic in VG, but the flavors come with PG as their base. I couldn't find much in flavors with VG but then that little bit of PG dosen't really bother me so I didn't look very hard.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Real Flavors makes VG flavors and they have their Super Concentrates that are Alcohol based. The VG flavors require a longer steep time.

You can dilute your pure VG Nic/Flavor recipes with Distilled Water if it is too thick to wick efficiently.

I actually have the opposite problem: not allergic to VG but if I vape 80 VG it causes chest tightness (I have asthma) so I had to switch to max of 70 VG.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread