anyone else have shortness of breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbysox10

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Chicago
I think the huge thing is we do not know what pg does inside the lung. If it drys your mouth out or burns it does it do the same in your lungs?? Another thing, It can take over 9months for shortness of breath from smoking cigarettes to be gone. So maybe even if you quit cigarettes without vaping you may still have the problem. We may never know.

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Iowa
Just as info, while on analogs, I could still easily run four miles a day (8-9 minute miles) and NEVER had shortness of breath issues. This is an ecig thing for me. Could just be MY physical reaction and maybe no one else will ever have this problem. Just wanted to put it out there. I loved vaping and it got me off analogs, what more could I ask. If I could do it over again, i would. It was a risk worth taking, imo. I'm just not going to do it anymore!

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
Make sure that your almond flavoring isn't oil based. I think they generally are ... and that would be bad. Only use flavors that are water soluble.

Jan

Yeh, I'm using the essences that doesn't have 'oil' on it.. well I hope there's no oil in it. Mixes well with diluted water or vodka. Left it over night and it the mix didn't seperate.

I just hope turning glycerine, vodka and almond essence isn't bad to vape lol

as the above post mentions, China's production on e-juice isn't regulated, so you don't know what they really put in it! It's the reason why I started making my own batch. I have ordered more e-juice, but I'll have to see how they make me feel after a few months. Cola, coffe, peach flavours, oh yeaahhh.

Anyway, I hope everyone doesn't die from Vaping, it would devistate family members and loved ones.. and last on the list, would destroy the industry. (no offence or selfish pun intended)

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Just as info, while on analogs, I could still easily run four miles a day (8-9 minute miles) and NEVER had shortness of breath issues. This is an ecig thing for me. Could just be MY physical reaction and maybe no one else will ever have this problem. Just wanted to put it out there. I loved vaping and it got me off analogs, what more could I ask. If I could do it over again, i would. It was a risk worth taking, imo. I'm just not going to do it anymore!

You have to remember that your lungs continue to heal for several years. I thought I reached my peak a few months back, but then, slowly, I am noticing more improvements, they are just not as dramatic as in the beginning. Good Luck to you.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
2 week or so ago I also noticed I cant climb my stairs without wheezing and being very short of breath. I havent needed asthma inhalers for 15 years. I take accolate orally is all but I never wheezed like this while smoking. I used to go up and down these stairs 8 times a day doing laundry and now one trip and I can barely breathe. VG/PG issues dont seem to be the root cause. I have no idea why this is happening and wont stop vaping I know I would be back on analogs. Since I use these stairs everyday I dont think its just from gaining weight, once in awhile I wheeze after vaping all day.Its loud too. And brand new to me. I am clueless...

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
So i've been thinking of this issue that sometimes we feel short of breath when we vape.. My hypothesis would be:

1) Glycerine / Veg Glycerine – naturally sweet. Glycerine is ideal for icing for cakes and confectionary. This turns into glucose (sugar) for the body when consumed… Maybe it’s a build up of glucose in the lungs..
2) Water Vapour we inhale; possibly it’s the feeling of drowning because we’re filling our lungs with liquid when we vape heavily?
3) PG – can dehydrate us. Need to drink more water? Throat tightens / sore.
4) Flavour Essence – Is it okay to vape this all day, everyday?

For: Healthier than smoking (You know the facts) XYZ.

Against: E-liquid; is it regulated and monitored? Do you really know what’s in them when you buy it from <X Country>?

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-I want a trap that throws bears at people. I'll call it a bear trap. I know it sounds misleading, but it sounds cool and I want to see the look on the person's face when they set it off..

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Iowa
I've read about popcorn lung...I wonder if the same sort of thing could be going on with flavored ejuice. I think it is the flavorings that are the problem. I realize I could go to unflavored to test this theory, but without flavors there is no point to me. Could be ANY or all of the things that you brought up though. Scary scary BUT cigs are no walk in the park either.

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
Has anyone heard that they are using Diacetyl in e-liquids? This is the chemical responsible for popcorn lung disease.

Symptoms of Popcorn Lung Disease

Popcorn lung disease is a rare and irreversible illness that affects workers who breathe the vapor of butter flavoring, or Diacetyl. Although the formal name of the condition is bronchiolitis obliterans, the condition was named popcorn lung disease or popcorn workers lung because it is most commonly found in employees of microwave popcorn plants. This illness is frequently misdiagnosed by physicians as asthma, bronchitis, or emphysema. At our Missouri law firm, Humphrey, Farrington, & McLain, P.C., the attorneys are national leader bringing claims related to popcorn lung disease and other types of toxic exposure.

Taken from w.w.w. popcornlung. com /Practiceareas/Popcorn-Lung-Symptoms.asp (sorry can't link yet)

Glycerine

Description

Glycerine is a somewhat viscous clear oily liquid, with a sweet taste.
It is manufactured from petroleum, or from glycerides in fats, often as a by product in the production of soap.
Uses

Glycerine is hydrophilic (water loving), and is used to keep products such as dried fruits from getting too dry, and to keep the liquid in soft fillings from escaping into crisp crusts, making them soggy. This emollient (moisturizing) effect also finds use in hand creams. It lowers the freezing point of water, and is used as an anti-freeze.
Glycerine is about ¾ as sweet as sugar, so it can reduce the need for sugar in products that require it for other reasons. In toothpaste it sweetens while keeping the paste from drying when the cap is left off.
Glycerine is used in many skin creams and medicines, such as eye and ear drops, poison ivy creams, suppositories, and contraceptive jellies.
Glycerine is used as an emollient (skin softener) in soaps. A familiar compound results when glycerine reacts with nitric acid in the presence of sulfuric acid as a drying agent.

Glyceryl trinitrate is used in medicines for its effects on blood flow. As a coronary vasodilator, it is used by heart patients.

Hope this information helps.

I guess everything should be taken moderately. Probably includes vaping.. though some vapes tastes so good you can suck on a PV all day just refilling the cart. (I do, because I use 0Nic, so to compensate I vape heavier than those who take nicotine).

Some people will use PV's to quit smoking, other's dont want to quit smoking but want the healthier alternative. I just hope the consequences aren't life threatening like regular cigs and tobacco products.. We'll soon find out in a few years time I guess.

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
I've been looking for the ingredients and I haven't seen Diacetyl in the ingredients.. yet. I guess every complany makes their own type of liquid. Here's one:

INGRENDIENTS CONTENT

TOBACCO ESSENCIAL FLAVOR,VIRGINIA <5%
TOBACCO ABSOLUTE,VIRGINIA <5%
TOBACCO ABSOLUTE,BURLEY <5%
ORIENT TOBACCO ABSOLUTE,TURKY <5%
NICOTINE (FROM TOBACCO LEAF) <1.2%
2,3,5-TRIMETHYLPYRAZINE <1%
2,3-DIMETHYLPYRAZINE <1%
2,5-DIMETHYLPYRAZINE <1%
2-ETHYLPYRAZINE <1%
2-ACETYLPYRAZINE <1%
4-(2,6,6-TRIMETHYLCYCLOHEX-2-BUTENE-4-ONE) <5%
4-(2,6,6-TRIMETHYLCYCLOHEX-3-BUTENE-4-ONE) <2%
LINAL0OL <2%
MENTHOL <2%
METHYL BUTYRIC ACID (2-) <2%
ROSE OIL,BULGARIAN,TRUE OTTO <2%
VANILLA EXTRACT <5%
OCTALACTONE(GAMMA-) <1%
UNDECALACTONE(GAMMA-) <1%
PURE WATER <20%
PROPYLENE GLYCOL >50%GLYCEROL <10%

taken from
h.t.t.p.:././. cleansafesmoke.com / xcart/ catalog/ E-Liquid-ingredients-sp-12. html
(can't post links yet so you will need to put the spaces back together)

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
Butter Rum...I ordered TV Butter Rum...with Butter Cream...hmmmmmmmmm...I do not like the juice or doubler either one but since money is tight and I couldnt give the juice away I have forced myself daily to use a drop or 2 in a cart and then add my other juices. My wheezing so much worse started after I got this juice, I think, but do Butter Rum and Butter Cream have butter in them???

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
I think butter rum flavour has Diacetyl ? Maybe you should research what they put in the flavour.

But if not, there is little or no research about vaping flavours... there is no thread and no answers .. yet... we're still the 'guinea pigs'. Tabacco has been used for thousands of years, and only the past 70 years we acknowledge tabacco to be hazardous to our health. Vaping was commercially available since 2003, and we have yet to find out the long term effects.

On the positive note; as you have read countless times, VP's are the healthier altertnative way to quit smoking. and for those who don't wish to quit smoking, is still healthier than 4k of unknown chemicals. Personally I'd rather Vape.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-I want a trap that throws bears at people. I'll call it a bear trap. I know it sounds misleading, but it sounds cool and I want to see the look on the person's face when they set it off..

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
Well whatevers in it I wont vape it anymore. I got Freedom juice from Halo today, never tried unflavored juice but I know analogs are proven to be unhealthy, so I will keep trying different juice for awhile before I quit vaping. Its fun, relaxing, tasty, cheaper, and gosh darnit I'd miss ECF lol. I was relieved, yet also sad, others are experiencing breathing changes like mine. I am not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread