anyone else have shortness of breath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellasin

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Roscommon, MI
My symptoms also started after I got my first TV order. I had their two cafe flavors though. Interesting.

Well, I concur...that IS quite interesting. I did vape some of it earlier today so its too soon to know if Freedom juice will maybe help. I also made absolutely sure I was correct on my dates as far as when I got that TV order, it was 1/4, so I am seriously wondering if the wheezing is from that. I am pretty sedentary, climbing the stairs is about the hardest effort I make, I dont run 4 miles a day, but a month ago I was carrying heavy groceries up the stairs, n/p. Food flavoring for thought.

Glenn54

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
Of course what River said was offensive, but I understand. I didn't want to believe that vaping (my SAVIOR from analogs) was causing me more problems than analogs ever had. I can't ignore my symptoms though, and they are not good. I'm in good company, several veteran vapers are experiencing issues.
The good news is that as much as I loved vaping, I was able to walk away from it relatively easily.
As info, I was vaping 4-8 mg flavored PG. When I tried liquid from another vendor is when the problem got ALOT worse. But it had been there before that, just milder.
With the info on popcorn lung out there, I am simply afraid to vape flavors anymore. Without flavors there is no point for me, so I quit.
ANyone wanna buy a buttload of stuff????

Cool, good for you dude, congrats;)!

Glenn54

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
I’ve been vapin for only a month and have quit smoking for only 1 week and I do feel better no more rattle and what seems like better lung function. After 2 weeks of vaping I was coughing up some nasty stuff for a week.

PG does seems to make my throat very dry and VG well see below.

I wondered about VG so, has anyone else tried this? I bought some USP VG and placed several drops on the back of hand and rubed it in, it stayed very shiny for a very long time. Can this be good coating the lungs?. I do vape products with VG and mix it into some products, but am unsure if this is good in the long run.

Also I never seem to see anyone saying I vape 2 to 3ml a day, maybe we should all include that in our posts.

I also do use my own cart mod with stainless steel screens insteed of the poly cause I didn’t like the taste of the poly carts.

Also, I’m sure anyone who quiting smoking using ecigarettes had to power vape like I did to quit! And to go back to smoking analogs is just dumb!

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
Some food for thought:

I have had severe asthma since I was a child. I spent at least half of my childhood living under a croup tent in the hospital due to pneumonia or pleurisy. When I was 16, began smoking and noticed that my asthma wasnt so severe. I didnt get severe asthma attacks from triggers such as car exhaust, animals, or even when the orange blossoms were blooming.

When I was 30, decided to quit smoking my 2 packs a day of Marlb reds in a soft pack. Within a few weeks of quitting, I began having asthma attacks again and then got pneumonia real bad. I began going to a pulmonologist. He told me that my years of smoking not only killed the cilia in my lungs but also cause the celia to be "conditioned", making me less susceptible to triggers and irritants that would in turn cause asthma attacks. So my understanding is that when I quit smoking, the new cilia wasnt desensitized to irritants from the smoking, therefore my asthma came back full force.
After a few months of quitting, I began smoking cigars and my asthma attacks were once again minimal.

To get to the point, I dont believe that using a pv for the past 3 mths has affected me negatively in any way. I DO get a tightness in my chest but its just my old asthma rearing its ugly head when I am exposed to things such as my friends kitties. For the most part, I can breathe better than ever and my doctor put me on Advair which has done wonders. By the way, he is thrilled that I quit smoking and approves of the pv.

If you are having tightness in your chest and have a previous history of asthma, I will highly encourage you to see a pulmonary doctor. Just because you didnt need an inhaler daily when you were smoking doesnt mean you wont need one now. Asthma is a serious lung disease and should be treated properly. Shortness of breath can also be caused by heart problems, panic attacks, and cystic fibrosis among other things. I hope that everyone having issues breathing will please go speak to your doctor asap.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
The one thing we do know without dispute is that VG and PG are both tested, and time tested. They are not caustic or toxic. They are drying. They are also antibacterial.
That isn't to say some people may feel ill effects from temp. overuse, or from anything mixed with the two, or that tomorrow I may have to say can't do this anymore.
MOST and I emphasize that, most people do not feel ill effects of the ingredients of the juices, most of us don't drink enough water to stay highly enough hydrated, so if there's a usage problem before we fear the result of starting on e-cigs remember what we were exposed to from smoking commercial cigarettes. There's no dispute about the toxic and caustic substances in those.
So we start to try to make sense of it all by going from least to most suspicious, doing no harm the biggest goal of all.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Axl and Bellasin,

Mine started after buying the TV cafe marchiatto (sp?) doubler. I didn't buy the eliquid because I wanted some 0 nic to vape. Do you think some of the flavorings might be causing the SOB? I bought two other flavors off the classified but only tried a little of the cafe mocha. Maybe some flavoring that doesn't affect everyone?

Last edited:

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
I think my reaction is because I have a lot of sensitivity to a lot of different products.....soaps, perfumes, lotions, etc. Evidently there is something in one of my eliqids that is causing an allergic reaction. I don't want to give up vaping yet so I'll try sticking to Dekang for a while. I've used it for 7 months and it never caused problems.

W Axl Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Iowa
cappuccina- I smoked for 12 years a pack a day, ultra lights. NO BREATHING PROBLEMS. Ran 4 miles a day several times a week. Still was able to do this until a few weeks ago. Have not smoked AT ALL since Oct 26th. New ejuice arrived last wed, started vaping it wed night, SOB symptoms started thurs. STopped vaping entirely mid week this week. Symptoms persist.

Jack_Gas

Sep 18, 2009
Wisconsin
Hi, I have asthma in a big way, and have almost croaked a few times (hospital is a long drive), but since I started to use my own mixture, my lung fuction is about the same as a kid. I can run for the first time in years. I use the stright juice from Vapor King, and add about 50% glycerine for the vapor... tastes great, less filling! Oh, and now I don't spend $350/month on Adviar, and a few dollars on the albuterol each month. Vapor 4 Life, is more then a company name to me!

bobbysox10

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Chicago
I have a peak flow meter, my height is 5'10'' and I am 24. I should be blowing around a 620. Since I have been smoking a pack of analogs a day for 7 years obviously that will make it drop. Lately I have been blowing a 500 - 550 on average with the occasional 600+. I will update in a few weeks and see if it improves even more.

jdw650

Dec 29, 2009
Sacramento, CA
So ive concluded it is the vg. I quit vaping for a day and started breathing normal. I then vaped with pg based liquid and no problems. I tried the liquid i mixed with vg and the horrible breathing came back. I seem to remember reading an article somewhere that the VG can Effect breating in a negative way. I know the alternative to those who are alergic to pg is the Vg, but i wonder if there is another alternative to Vg. I love the vapor with the VG but its just not worth the discomfort. Im gonna have to scrap my vg liquid i made I guess. That sucks because i was able to make about 32 30ml bottles of 70pg/20/vg/10water E-liquid in 12 of my favorite flavors for like 60 dollars. Well back to the drawing board i guess. I think maybe im just being to picky, because the pg vapor is pretty good.

SikVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Cali
So ive concluded it is the vg. I quit vaping for a day and started breathing normal. I then vaped with pg based liquid and no problems. I tried the liquid i mixed with vg and the horrible breathing came back. I seem to remember reading an article somewhere that the VG can Effect breating in a negative way. I know the alternative to those who are alergic to pg is the Vg, but i wonder if there is another alternative to Vg. I love the vapor with the VG but its just not worth the discomfort. Im gonna have to scrap my vg liquid i made I guess. That sucks because i was able to make about 32 30ml bottles of 70pg/20/vg/10water E-liquid in 12 of my favorite flavors for like 60 dollars. Well back to the drawing board i guess. I think maybe im just being to picky, because the pg vapor is pretty good.

What brand of VG was it? I couldn't vape a straight PG mix, but since began to use Ecopure, it has helped. Straight PG can make me wheeze a bit. I also desperately wish there was a better delivery solution besides either PG or VG.

Lothar

Jan 22, 2010
Aus
been a little over a week now. Found if I use my DIY (0 nic) mix using Glycerine Vodka or Diluted water + flavouring, I get a wheeze when I exhale in the morning.

If I use the pre-mix e-liquid (0 nic) bought online, I don't have it the next day.

I think using too much Glycerine is bad for you.. I use a 2mL Glycerine, 2mL Vodka or Diluted water + 16 drops of essence in the 2mL+2mL mix.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
I have a peak flow meter, my height is 5'10'' and I am 24. I should be blowing around a 620. Since I have been smoking a pack of analogs a day for 7 years obviously that will make it drop. Lately I have been blowing a 500 - 550 on average with the occasional 600+. I will update in a few weeks and see if it improves even more.

My peek flow meter is not working and couldnt afford to buy another. So my doctor gave me an Airlife AirX Spirometer for free. Please keep in mind that I am a severe asthmatic...When I was smoking I could barely register 500 ml out of 4000 ml. My doctor set my goal at 1000 ml. Since using a pv, I can consistently register 2000 ml out of 4000 ml.

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread