Anyone else here find that vaping in the bath makes it taste loads better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Famous last words, my friend.

Electricity and water do not mix. Ever.

All it takes is a drop of water in your mod to short circuit the whole thing, linking the positive and negative terminals together, or bypassing the activation button.

The drop of water could drip directly inside, or build up from condensation.

I know, it's probably not a deadly mistake, but the potential to cause harm is irrefutably present.
I vape in the bath ever single night while listening to audiobooks with my Nano 6g clipped in my pinned up hair. I have been doing this for some years now. That is my relax time. Am I risking my life and limb?

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
I vape in the bath ever single night while listening to audiobooks with my Nano 6g clipped in my pinned up hair. I have been doing this for some years now. That is my relax time. Am I risking my life and limb?

It's all about risk management. You're gonna do what you're gonna do. You're not going to be electrocuted from a battery in a bathtub. Now, A/C on the other hand....

But say your mod gets water in it, AND the protection on your battery fails. Then your battery will vent.

Under the right conditions, yeah, I'd say there's an elevated risk of harm compared to normal conditions.

As a matter of risking life and limb? I would say no.

But, it is always a good idea to use caution when using an electrical device of any kind in humid, damp, or wet areas.

Also, lithium primaries, (non-rechargeable) when in a thermal overrun condition react violently (explosively) to water.

The good news is, that we use rechargeable lithium-ion batteries which contain no lithium metal, only *"lithium ions that are intercalated into graphite, lithium metal oxides, or lithium salts"* and therefore contain no lithium metal, so are safe around water when thermal.

*source* http://ehs.whoi.edu/ehs/occsafety/LithiumBatterySafetyGuideSG10.pdf Section 8.3.2

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
I think it is because I am nice and relaxed and my mind clearing after a long day so I can enjoy it even more (this is in the hot tub, not the bath). Just keep the pv outside of it when vaping and under a towel when not using LOL As clutzy as I am I make sure I'm facing away from the water and leaning a bit outside of the hot tub while vaping because I would definately drop it!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
It's all about risk management. You're gonna do what you're gonna do. You're not going to be electrocuted from a battery in a bathtub. Now, A/C on the other hand....

But say your mod gets water in it, AND the protection on your battery fails. Then your battery will vent.

Under the right conditions, yeah, I'd say there's an elevated risk of harm compared to normal conditions.

As a matter of risking life and limb? I would say no.

But, it is always a good idea to use caution when using an electrical device of any kind in humid, damp, or wet areas.

Also, lithium primaries, (non-rechargeable) when in a thermal overrun condition react violently (explosively) to water.

The good news is, that we use rechargeable lithium-ion batteries which contain no lithium metal, only *"lithium ions that are intercalated into graphite, lithium metal oxides, or lithium salts"* and therefore contain no lithium metal, so are safe around water when thermal.

*source* http://ehs.whoi.edu/ehs/occsafety/LithiumBatterySafetyGuideSG10.pdf Section 8.3.2

OK, thanks. Anyway I was thinking, there must be millions of people who use cell phones, electrical cordless shavers, smart phones, iPads and iPods etc. in the bath or hot tub, and obviously ecigs too. I have never heard of any disaster.

ratpack7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have noticed the same thing about PG/VG and humidity levels.
Some people might not what a swamp cooler/evaporative cooler is (That is unless you live in a dry state like Utah) I have noticed better vapor indoors with a evaporative cooler running then outside where the air is dry. PG/VG are both hygroscopic meaning that they attract and hold water molecules from the surrounding environment. So humid enviroments like in the bath, hot tub, sauna, or rainy day/foggy day would produce more vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread