anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
so, I only order from NT nowadays, and I have noticed a few thing about certain juices.

1) wakonda DESTROYS coils! I mean really. I have never seen a juice taste so bad, so quickly.
I love wakonda, but I can only fill up my subtank 2-3 times before it starts to taste bad. on a freash coil it's great, but it starts to taste bad more quickly than any other juice I have seen.

2) PBC liquid evaporates! not literally, but damn... what I mean is, I seem to blow through PBC faster than any other juice. I fill a tank, and like 30min later the tank is almost empty. I don't vape it any more than other liquid, it just seems like it burns faster or something.

3) BG doesn't age (steep) well. most juices taste better with age, but BG seems to get worse :2c:

anyone else notice these, or any other NT oddities?

REDFISHIN

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Rockport, Texas
so, I only order from NT nowadays, and I have noticed a few thing about certain juices.

1) wakonda DESTROYS coils! I mean really. I have never seen a juice taste so bad, so quickly.
I love wakonda, but I can only fill up my subtank 2-3 times before it starts to taste bad. on a freash coil it's great, but it starts to taste bad more quickly than any other juice I have seen.

2) PBC liquid evaporates! not literally, but damn... what I mean is, I seem to blow through PBC faster than any other juice. I fill a tank, and like 30min later the tank is almost empty. I don't vape it any more than other liquid, it just seems like it burns faster or something.

3) BG doesn't age (steep) well. most juices taste better with age, but BG seems to get worse :2c:

Hmmm, Wakonda is one of the cleanest burning liquids I have used. Of course I run it through my Reo's and just dry burn the coils to clean them, but compared to some juices like PBC, it doesn't seem to gunk up the coils near as fast. BG is one of the fruit flavors that doesn't really seem to need a steep at all. Can't really help you on the PBC evaporating, it seems like all of NT juices do that. I think it is because they are so dang good that we vape more than we realize :thumbs:

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
agreed if anything i find virus gunks more...i can usually do a couple tanks of wakonda in the reo, before i need to rewick and clean the coil...virus is one and done for sure....alot of times i will use the same wick switching off between ACB and wakonda for a tank each....virus thou is one tank and then needs changing and cleaning of the wick and coil

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hmmm, Wakonda is one of the cleanest burning liquids I have used. Of course I run it through my Reo's and just dry burn the coils to clean them, but compared to some juices like PBC, it doesn't seem to gunk up the coils near as fast. BG is one of the fruit flavors that doesn't really seem to need a steep at all. Can't really help you on the PBC evaporating, it seems like all of NT juices do that. I think it is because they are so dang good that we vape more than we realize :thumbs:
I think the difference is factory coils vs hand made coils. Wakonda burns super clean for me as well.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Its weird... sometimes I think those same things... then the next time I do that particular flavor it doesnt happen, and sometimes I swear it tastes even better as the flavors collect?
they're so many different factors: coil wraps, heats, wire, wicking.... its hard to really say for sure. (not to mention taste buds!)

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had similar issues with the sub tanks and was going through coils like there was no tomorrow. I got stuck away from my supplies one day and had a coil go bad just after I left the house that morning. I carry 2 Sub Tanks so I wasn't completely screwed until after lunch when the good one was dry. A little fiddling around and I figured out that my turning up the watts a little every refil was causing me to burn the juice which was different from the coil going bad. I found that if I turned things down a bit I could work through the burnt taste and get another day or 2 out of the OCC coil.

Now I change coils about half as often and wait for the flavor to starts to go away instead of turning things up for more flavor every time I refil. Chaning coils every 3-4 days is much better that every 2-3 days. It doesn't sound like much, but until I figured that out I was spending almost as much as I was when I smoked when I add in how much Virus I go through.

Unfortunately all this new found savings on OCC coils along with the Memorial Day Sale juice I stockpiled went right out the window when I bought 2 REO's yesterday.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA

Wats you're avitar pic from? Lol

Johnny101

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
I can use wakonda for a week in my Atlantis or melo tank and not have a problem. Now if I run virus or radioactive my coils will only last 3-4 days. As far as Betelgeuse getting worse with age I think it gets better I'm vaping some that's over 10 months old it seems to me the flavors tone down and come together better if it just sits and steeps for awhile.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I had similar issues with the sub tanks and was going through coils like there was no tomorrow. I got stuck away from my supplies one day and had a coil go bad just after I left the house that morning. I carry 2 Sub Tanks so I wasn't completely screwed until after lunch when the good one was dry. A little fiddling around and I figured out that my turning up the watts a little every refil was causing me to burn the juice which was different from the coil going bad. I found that if I turned things down a bit I could work through the burnt taste and get another day or 2 out of the OCC coil.

Now I change coils about half as often and wait for the flavor to starts to go away instead of turning things up for more flavor every time I refil. Chaning coils every 3-4 days is much better that every 2-3 days. It doesn't sound like much, but until I figured that out I was spending almost as much as I was when I smoked when I add in how much Virus I go through.

Unfortunately all this new found savings on OCC coils along with the Memorial Day Sale juice I stockpiled went right out the window when I bought 2 REO's yesterday.

Yep. Those are pricey at first, but you don't ever have to buy heads for them and wire/wick material is CHEAP! So you can start saving again!

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It just shifted where the money is going. I'm saving on not buying Subtank coils, but that will be going to extra juice. Totally worth it. I tried a cig a while back and it tasted exactly like I thought it would and how I remembered it and I'm absolutely positive that I like the majority of the juices from Nickoticket a lot more. Even @ 20ml a day I'm still saving a little, smoked about 2 PAD. Although I doubt it will happen, I shouldn't have to buy anymore hardware this year.

seanol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
TC helps also! I can chain vape my Wakonda with no issues and went through all 15ml I bought in 2 days. Same with ACB and CLS. I keep temos down in the 30w range and use rayon. Taste is amazing and my coils last. My Subtank coil has had around 45ml through it in the last 2 weeks and shows no sign of letting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread