Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Car forums. Gun forums. Stereo forums. Facebook. You find that type of person everywhere on the Internet, and in real life.

Heck, I worked with a guy that believed that if your house didn't have plaster walls, you were white trash, because drywall was for poor losers. Really?

Honestly, I strongly believe that type of attitude (My stuff is better than your stuff because it's more expensive, and makes me a better person) is rooted in a deep-seated insecurity. They have to one-up you because they don't like who they are deep down inside.

I don't need to prove anything to you. I am who I am, I am at peace with myself, and comfortable in my own skin. Your opinion of me doesn't change that.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
IMNSHO, the internet is full of folks with what I call web muscles. I would venture to say that folks say things on facebook and other social sites that they would never say in person.

It is the safety of being anonymous with no real consequence that can create these web bullies..

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Twitter is a much better social environment for vapers than FB... try these: #notblowingsmoke and also #BigVapor and also #IMPROOF -- plus on twitter you can be nasty to trolls, which is frowned on around here. :D :thumb:

Andria

Also #Ecigssavelives

And don't forget... #adultslikeflavors :)

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
No I totally agree with you, I think it's awesome people can talk about their setups and what not. But I have joined in on a conversation a few times and because I didn't have all high end equipment I got the "go away peasant" attitude.

You are a Tootle Puffer! So am I and proud of it. I just got 5 more $1.99 Evod clones in the mail today. Different colors for different flavors. They look just like the Evod clones I paid $4.99 each for. Vape great.

btw I have never been on Reddit. Used to hang out on political chatboards, now there was an alligator pit for sure.

Welcome to our madness, most are nice folks on here.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I make my own juice and am proud of it. And modesty apart I prefer some of my own juices than what's out there. In any case it is pure waste of money since half the time they probably have vaper's tongue and don't even taste it. :D I even worry when my coil heads burn out because that too is a waste of money. I just have to learn to make a coil without having it short... it sure is a learning curve for a 61 year old with poor eyesight... but I'll get there one of these days.

Just stay away from that crowd - they're not worth your time.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Most people who talk crap on message boards, are the same ones who're usually very quiet and shy in real life. The online stuff gives them a platform to be someone they want to be, but can't because they're insecure about themselves.

All bark, no bite.

Isn't everyone on the internet rich and beautiful?

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I've had a few comments about me not being a proper vaper because I don't have an RDA but apart from that not too much. I don't care if your on a £10 cigalike or £1000 custom mech your a vaper and using what works for you and in the end that's the most important thing. I have found a few mech mod users over the years that felt they were somehow superior but dwarfed by the mech users who've been fantastic and helpful and I'm aware a few regulated people feel anything below 100 watts is newb. Each to their own to be honest I've never understood snobbery at all and have found most who are have deeper issues they are trying to cover with an appearance of superiority bit sad but not going to stop anytime soon.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The juice snobs crack me up. When I was smoking, I'd scrounge through an ash tray and straighten out a dried up, half smoked cigarette, if I had discovered I was out of cigs. I'm sure many of us did the same. Now we're talking about nuances of flavor, and subtle hints of this and that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Im way more sick of Antz minded people and greedy politicians. Snobs dont bother me they are a petty insecure bunch that cling to each other because they have no identity of their own.
While mildly annoying they are harmless and pose no threat other than to serve as an example of what not to do.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The juice snobs crack me up. When I was smoking, I'd scrounge through an ash tray and straighten out a dried up, half smoked cigarette, if I had discovered I was out of cigs. I'm sure many of us did the same. Now we're talking about nuances of flavor, and subtle hints of this and that.

You mean you don't pick out all the complex and subtle nuances and notes of an ejuice? flavor on inhale and exhale?

Reactions: twgbonehead

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
You mean you don't pick out all the complex and subtle nuances and notes of an ejuice? flavor on inhale and exhale?
Not enough to make it worthwhile to spend $30 for a 15ml bottle of juice, as opposed to vaping my own 'home brews' for pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread