Anyone else with an analog smoker in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I don't mean to drag up old posts but I had to comment.:) I could never have quit smoking if I lived with someone who continued to smoke and I especially couldn't have done it if smoking was allowed in the house. I haven't read through the rest of the thread yet, I wonder if you kept it up? I guess I'll find out while I continue to read...

With the coughing every time make sure that she is not just drawing directly into the lungs ya can't do that with vape don't know why but it seems. Every one that I know that smokes tried that and the same thing happens. Then I tell them to act as if its a cigar, draw into the mouth then inhale so it can cool a bit. No more coughing. So have her try that and if that doesn't work take a look at the equipment she is trying is it a low res atty at 3.7 or a high res at higher voltage it may just be too hot a vape due to what equipment is being used. And my stepfather still smokes in the house the room right next to mine it has begun to really be hard to tolerate and i cant get him to vape. So a stash of incense is a must.

Grandma SJA

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
kc mo
My husband still smokes and I have been vaping for 2 years. He likes the taste of flu cure, but has no desire to smoke flavors. I feel you must really want to do it yourself or you will not suceed. He has cut back, and tries to not smoke around me but it stinks so bad. I will never go back and do not use it all the time, but it is my go to if I get that urge to smoke and do not just vape. I love my brother for bringing this in to my life.

thevinstigator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
New Jersey
I have been vaping for 2 1/2 weeks and quit analogs when my E cig was delivered, my wife still smokes as well as my mother who lives with us. They do not smoke IN the house but in the garage and so far the smell bothers me when I go in there, but not at the point I want to smoke cause I can smell how terrible the odor really is. Went away this weekend and was around about 8 different people who smoke and I had no desire to join them and that was while drinking. WHEW I think I got this. YEAH BABY

BradN10

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
I am on day 3 of no analogs at all and truly proud of myself......mostly I am proud because my hubby is still smoking analogs.

I keep instilling it into my head that vaping is so much better for me, that I am enjoying it (I truly am). I am enjoying the smells of the different liquids I am using and the taste is a million times better as well.......but his sitting in the next room and the smoke wafting over is just driving me NUTS!!!!!!!

Someone please tell me I am not the only one!?

I think for me that was the hardest part trying to quit analogs with someone else smoking that you are living with or friends with. I tried ignoring them, but just had to accept it.

daventura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
In a van ............down by the river
My housemate didn't smoke when I moved in here 5 years ago.

I was already an outside only smoker.

On Saturdays we would go out to breakfast and one time when we got back home and out of the car, I went to light up my after breakfast cigarette.
He said, "Hey, let me get one of those."
He had told me the story of the stroke he had had a few years ago where his doctor said, "Quit smoking or die."
So...I wasn't very comfortable giving him a cigarette and expressed that concern.
His response was the usual "Don't worry about it."
Within a few weeks, he was back to a PAD.

This is my third day without an analog, and let me tell you, it's incredible.
I feel so empowered.

I mentioned it to him the other day, but he wasn't really interested.

He has switched brands and seems to be smoking less.

I'm pretty sure I can convert him, but if not, it really won't matter...I'm healthier and I don't smell like, well, you know.

I was quite surprised last night on a fieldtrip to The City...surprised at how terrible analogs smell to me now.

Vaping is MY future.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
It doesnt bother me, i have 2 people in house that smoke. I don't bother them because I got ...... off when people complained when I smoked. If you quit and you are around a smoker you shouldn't change their lives because you made a choice. I quit, my choice - my discomfort being are people who smoke. The world doesn't change around me due to my choices in life. Im not a fan of x-smokers that become anti-smoking billboards. You smoked, you chose to quit, you succeeded, and its time to work on something else. X Smokers shouldn't point fingers at smokers when that finger is still stained with years of cigarette smoke. These comments are not meant for any one person, im speaking in generality.
Amen to that sir. nothing worse on this planet than a liar or a reformed smoker. my friend came over the other day. took about 5 minutes to find the ashtray. hysterical. the sun didn't blacken, we weren't invaded. no asteroids. he enjoyed his visit with me. plenty of air freshener on hand. 5 minutes after he left. no big deal.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I've been analog free for about a month now, the switch was really quick and easy for me, it only took two days. My wife on the other hand still smokes 1/2-1PAD. We've never smoked in the house, we have a toddler, and I still go outside to vape but it's hard when she's out there smoking too. She has said that she wants to vape, and she does, but she doesn't seem to be smoking any less... I just keep trying to find the right setup and juice for her and hope it sticks, but I know she's getting sick of me talking about it since I've spent so much time reading these forums and looking into different products and juices since I started. I think I may need to just take a step back and try to let it happen naturally. The worst thing though is that I'm still always the one who has to go out and buy her smokes.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I've been vaping for about a month and a half. My wife still smokes, about half a pack a day. We've never smoked in the house. I vape outside because I don't want our 2 year old daughter seeing me.

Switching to vaping was very easy for me. I got my Halo Triton starter kit on a Thursday afternoon, and had my last cigarette Friday night. I had 4 cigarettes that entire time. I smoked a pack a day for 20 years.

My wife's smoking hasn't made me want a cigarette at all. Actually, it's reinforced my vaping. Like I used to be, no matter how hard she tries, she smells like smoke after she's done. Like I used to do, she puts a jacket on (to limit the smoke on her clothes), sprays it with Febreeze when she's done, washes her hands and face, and sprays Febreeze on herself like its perfume.

It lets me know how bad I'd smell if I still smoked. It reminds me how much it costs (I occasionally run in the store for her to buy them) - $11 per pack.

I've brought vaping up to her without being pushy. If I push, she'll push back. I'd push if she vaped and I didn't. I've asked her why she's unwilling to try it - "It's too new; I don't want to switch and find out later that its worse than cigarettes."

Please don't point to the research. I've told her about it. If I print it out and leave it somewhere discreetly, I'll find it discreetly placed somewhere I don't want to find.

So I guess for the people struggling with living with a smoker:
You can get upset about it, or you can use it as a living proof of why you switched.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I have been vaping 5 1/2 years now. Hubby is still a smoker - will occasionally pick up my mod, try it, then puts it down and says it is too much work. He doesn't understand why I go through the trouble of carrying batteries and backups because it is so much work to stay off cigs, and I don't understand why he just doesn't switch over lol.... And yes - glad I don't stink anymore...

My hubby still smokes. To be honest it doesn't bother me at all. I've been off of smokes for a little over 4 months. Converted my daughter, my brother and a friend but they all wanted to quit. Hubby will eventually want to quit and I'll help him out as much as I can when he does. He doesn't have a smokers cough yet... I'm thinking when that starts he'll probably be ready. We both smoked for 25+ years... so it's not my place to start nagging him about it because I switched. We have 2 designated "smoking" areas in the house (porches). If it gets to the point that the smell bothers me, I'll just avoid those areas. He's asked and at first he wouldn't smoke around me at all. When I finally got him to understand that it really doesn't bother me or make me crave a cigarette, he relaxed about it. It was a little weird because suddenly he was avoiding me after 24 years together. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread