Anyone get this before in USPS? Do I just give it a few days before I inquire about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
So I live in california, ordered some arctic Ni-200 coils from sweet-vapes on sunday. it shipped monday with this message:

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 5:23 pm on June 29, 2015 in SHEBOYGAN, WI 53081.

Today is wednesday and the trakcing hasnt updated and still shows the same thing. I read around that it could be they didnt scan it, but also read of some people who never got their orders. How long should I wait to look into this? Anyone ever have this happen before? (this is ordering from US vendor while in US, not international). Usually when I order and it ships on monday from anywhere, I get it around the end of the same week.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'd give it a couple more days. I've had multiple packages from California to Alabama that went from "label created" to "out for delivery" with no updates in between. I've also encountered situations where it came out of a small town and mail only went out on specific days instead of every day. That's happened once, but I never ordered from sweet-vapes, so I can't speak for sure.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So I live in california, ordered some arctic Ni-200 coils from sweet-vapes on sunday. it shipped monday with this message:

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 5:23 pm on June 29, 2015 in SHEBOYGAN, WI 53081.

Today is wednesday and the trakcing hasnt updated and still shows the same thing. I read around that it could be they didnt scan it, but also read of some people who never got their orders. How long should I wait to look into this? Anyone ever have this happen before? (this is ordering from US vendor while in US, not international). Usually when I order and it ships on monday from anywhere, I get it around the end of the same week.

5 business days from the date of that notice -- which would be Monday; Friday is only the 4th day, so even if you can get anyone at the USPS on the phone, they won't do anything until it's 5 business days from when it "shipped" -- when it came into the possession of the USPS.

Andria

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
5 business days from the date of that notice -- which would be Monday; Friday is only the 4th day, so even if you can get anyone at the USPS on the phone, they won't do anything until it's 5 business days from when it "shipped" -- when it came into the possession of the USPS.

Andria

that sucks. I guess I will just request help from their website. The last order I had a problem with (not this same issue), I used their website to put in a request for help and they replied the next day with it resolved.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
that sucks. I guess I will just request help from their website. The last order I had a problem with (not this same issue), I used their website to put in a request for help and they replied the next day with it resolved.

I've had quite a few weird incidents like that, and it's HARDLY EVER the vendor's fault -- it's the lazy goodfornothing USPS; almost everytime this or something similar has happened to me, by the end of the 4th business day I'd be so mad the vapor would be coming out my EARS and I'd go to bed swearing I was going to give the USPS what-for the next day -- and that day, the item would finally show up, sometimes without any interim scans between picked-up and out-for-delivery -- apparently USPS has mastered teleportation... though their teleporter is sloooooooooow and sometimes sends thngs in the opposite direction from where they should go. :facepalm:

Andria

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I've had quite a few weird incidents like that, and it's HARDLY EVER the vendor's fault -- it's the lazy goodfornothing USPS; almost everytime this or something similar has happened to me, by the end of the 4th business day I'd be so mad the vapor would be coming out my EARS and I'd go to bed swearing I was going to give the USPS what-for the next day -- and that day, the item would finally show up, sometimes without any interim scans between picked-up and out-for-delivery -- apparently USPS has mastered teleportation... though their teleporter is sloooooooooow and sometimes sends thngs in the opposite direction from where they should go. :facepalm:

Andria

Lol i know that feeling. Today i had a package delivered. My window was open so I heard the delivery guy talking real loud on one of those bluetooth cell phone things, he just kept talking talking went to the door dropped the package and doorbelled once. I go down to pick it up and I see the package was meant for a different address on the same street and I look it up and its only 4 houses over. I bring over their package and ring the doorbell and ask if it was their package and he said yes, then he says the delivery guy dropped off the wrong box at his home too and asked if the box was mine and it was lmfao, that guy needs to be fired or something. The guys package was a small box from amazon, whereas my box was large and contained hundreds dollars worth of stuff :eek:, I'd hate to have wondered what would have happened if the guy didnt give me my package, because the tracking showed up as 'delivered' either way whether he gave it to me or not.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas

I'd give it a couple days.

If you open an inquiry they have to answer it and close it within 3 days according to my local USPS employee who caled me about an inquiry I had on a package that went MIA.

Even if a package is truely lost and insured, the USPS won't pay out for a month after the pickup date.

I had a Semovar I bought on the classys disappear enroute from Cali on June 1st, seller just got notification that his check has been mailed out to him, as long as they don't loose that in the mail too...

Reactions: Dixie1954

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
This may be slightly off topic. but there has been a couple of occasions where I have received letters or junk mail that was delivered all mangled and in pieces in a clear plastic USPS bag. My guess is the envelope got chewed up by their sorting machine. The funny thing is one time, the letter (and it was junk mail) was delivered to me over 4 months after it was originally mailed.

And problems of packages disappearing isn't isolated only to the USPS. Back when I lived in California, I remember reading in the paper that a UPS employee who worked in the San Jose sorting facility was arrested because he would look at the sender names and if he determined that the package was expensive or valuable like jewelry or firearms, he would go onto the UPS computer system and create a new label, rerouting the delivery address to one of his friends. They would then open the package and sell the contents.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
they replied the next day with it resolved.
WWWWHHHHAAATTTTT!!!!!!! You actually got a reply from the USPS????? How did you do that??? I'm still trying to resolve an issue from over a month ago. The jackwagon that can help me literally hangs up the phone every time I dial his direct extension. I'm sure he has caller ID and when I call he picks up the receiver and slams it down.

Last edited:

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin

Sorry, i drove an hour to snatch your shipment ;)

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I've eve
It all depends if the mailman decides to swipe the tracker. Sometimes they do other times they don't. It is not a requirement for them to swipe it unless you upgrade your shipping.
Ive even had items scanned as being not delivered because the mailman didn't want to get out of the truck and take it to the door because it wouldn't fit in the box with all of the junk ads and stuff.... Just depends on the mail person....

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
We have about half a dozen different "letter carriers" that run our route at the house. One of them refuses to deliver anything to the door because she knocked once about a year ago and the dog barked. She walked away from the door with certified mail and didn't even leave a sticker. We didn't even get a chance to open the door before she was back in the truck and leaving. To this day we don't get mail on the days she works our neighborhood. The funny part is that my ol' lady's dog is a 13 yr old pug with no teeth and cataracts. If he could have found the front door, he might have given her a severe case of ankle slobber. Lol!

Reactions: Oregon Linda

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I've eve

Ive even had items scanned as being not delivered because the mailman didn't want to get out of the truck and take it to the door because it wouldn't fit in the box with all of the junk ads and stuff.... Just depends on the mail person....

That why I bring my mailman some of my wife's homemade chocolate chip cookies on Saturday. I try to be working in the yard when he drive up. Sometimes we chat.. other times he grabs the cookies says thanks and drives away.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Lol i know that feeling. Today i had a package delivered. My window was open so I heard the delivery guy talking real loud on one of those bluetooth cell phone things, he just kept talking talking went to the door dropped the package and doorbelled once. I go down to pick it up and I see the package was meant for a different address on the same street and I look it up and its only 4 houses over. I bring over their package and ring the doorbell and ask if it was their package and he said yes, then he says the delivery guy dropped off the wrong box at his home too and asked if the box was mine and it was lmfao, that guy needs to be fired or something. The guys package was a small box from amazon, whereas my box was large and contained hundreds dollars worth of stuff :eek:, I'd hate to have wondered what would have happened if the guy didnt give me my package, because the tracking showed up as 'delivered' either way whether he gave it to me or not.

Heh... one of our postmen did that once, with me and my next-door neighbor. Fortunately we're friendly. :D I got her whatever, looked like a book I think, and she got my kayfun m-tanks... which would have been utterly useless to her since neither she nor her smokes-like-a-chimney husband vapes. :D

Andria

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
That why I bring my mailman some of my wife's homemade chocolate chip cookies on Saturday. I try to be working in the yard when he drive up. Sometimes we chat.. other times he grabs the cookies says thanks and drives away.
Depending on the day of the week, its the guy down the street delivering, sometimes it's someone else, other times it someone in an actual USPS truck and uniform.... The guys down the street is the lazy one....

Reactions: anavidfan

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
For your amusement. I was living in Wisconsin and my boy friend was living in California. I sent him a Christmas card that he never received. Well as time went by we got married and moved to Boston. One day I got a letter. I am like,"what is this, that is my handwriting?" It was the lost card delivered 19 month late! (And the address on it was perfect written to start with ) Hope your order comes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread