Status
Not open for further replies.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
First things first, coming from P4U a few things have to be asked. One, does it charge from the USB port? Second, if it doesn't do you still need a 5v charger? And lastly, do they still not include the required charger?

May not seem like a big deal to some but the convenience of proper USB charging and not having to lug batteries around anymore is a must for me. I guess the Reuleaux dna 200 spoiled me, I don't even need a charger anymore but if a mod doesn't last me all day it absolutely must have pass-through charging so it can be charged in the car or at the office where USB is everywhere. I'm done lugging around batteries that's not even an option for me anymore, it either does what I want or it doesn't.

Reactions: GeorgeS

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
The usb port is only for firmware updates.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk
Yeah that's what I thought, that's a SX limitation not P4U exclusively.
They need to fix that heck even iLeaf and Joyetech chips support that, although I wouldn't USB charge a mod on either of those.

You have DNA 200s nowadays that handle balance charging and real time battery monitoring with on-board dedicated chips to handle that. I know everyone is on the sub 50-75 dollar mod kick but no one stops to think what they're giving up for these cheaper prices.

Last edited:

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I have a few sets of batteries, and a good charger. My ipv mini had on board charging and I never used it. I swapped the battery when I went to sleep. I'll just continue doing that with this. If i go away, long multi day trips I will being my charger and extra batteries. But I'm honestly not really addicted to it so it's not like it's imperative that it always has a full charge... I can go a few hours without vaping and its not the end of the world.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
It does have USB but to be real honest I don't remember if there was a cable in the box or if it has pass through charging. I don't like charging through the USB.

The battery life is good, a set of VTC's go a little over a day but I am vaping between 14 and 26 watts.

The screen is the brightest I own and overall the mod is pretty nice for the price. So far performing flawlessly.

IPV5.png

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I have a few sets of batteries, and a good charger. My ipv mini had on board charging and I never used it. I swapped the battery when I went to sleep. I'll just continue doing that with this. If i go away, long multi day trips I will being my charger and extra batteries. But I'm honestly not really addicted to it so it's not like it's imperative that it always has a full charge... I can go a few hours without vaping and its not the end of the world.

I hear what you're saying I have over 30+ batteries here at the house multiple chargers. I've been lugging around batteries and juice for years, finally found something that I can just pocket and never have to worry, it also happens to have one of the only safe USB charging options on the market, it spoiled me I guess.

The mod looks nice, but at this point I think a new bar has been set for those who need mobility and don't want to carry around anything if possible.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Yeah I thought I wanted usb charging but when it comes down to it I only used it because my mini drained them too quick. A dual battery mod will last me days. The most I go without a power outlet is day trips snowboarding, or a vacation here and there.. But theres power outlets so it's a total non-issue.

I would never go on a vacation and only have my mod and one battery and a usb charger anyways, you know? But you're right and that's why there are different options and price points and features, and that's what's great about the industry.

Reactions: kmapjr

kmapjr

Dec 8, 2013
Detroit, Mi, USA
Do you happen to have an iPV4s? I'm curious if the 5 is any smaller and / or if you think it's worth upgrading from the 4s?

Thanks!
Yes I have the 4S & the 5 is a tad shorter & maybe a bit skinner, I like the feeling of it in my hand & it supports SS in TC mode & has manual TCR setting, it does feel of pretty good quality, I like them both but on the 5 you can build all the way up to 1.5 ohms for temp control, on the 4S you had to stay in between .1 & .3 which could be a pain at times... Good luck

No It's Not Smoke

Reactions: SLM

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
SLM, for the price the device has been solid so far. I used it with Kanthal, Ti, Ni and SS and the performance has been stellar. It's 510 has no wobble when screwing and atty onto it and the overall design feels great in the hand. The screen is the brightest I've seen, they must have been reading all the reviews of dark screens outdoor because it's not a problem with this device. I've been running a Crown with a .15 Ni coil (device reads .15) for two days with some LGDBHE4's and filled the tank twice so far.

If the device holds up for the long haul it will be a great addition to anyone's stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread