Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Very ingenious... poor man's Spheroid out of Dream BT804 & Vivi Nova!
Thanks for the share Nelson :)
BTW, I love my Dream BT Extended in it's stock form too... never, ever, had a dry-hit or flooding (it's all in the build & filling technique!), performs stupendously, just like my KFLs, but in a budget!
I knew you would see my post and wondered what you would think... it works great buddy. I butchered a T3 for it air tube and it fits in the stock top cap pretty good. when I get home I'm going to shorten it a bit with my dremel and the use the SS extension. should be able to get around 3 mil in it then :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I knew you would see my post and wondered what you would think... it works great buddy. I butchered a T3 for it air tube and it fits in the stock top cap pretty good. when I get home I'm going to shorten it a bit with my dremel and the use the SS extension. should be able to get around 3 mil in it then :)

Bro, I liked the idea. the guy did a nice job at it... and am sure it'd perform well too. But, all that tinkering and wasting / mis-utilizing three attys? For just a few $$$ more he'd've fetched the real thing, the Spheroid, which is s superb iteration of GP, a class by itself, in a pioneering form factor, a joy to possess!

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
i have gotten tired of the hassle, and wasted juice with this atomizer. I found a solution ;) i converted it to a Spheroid! (Dreamoid) it holds as much juice as before and performs as good if not maybe a little better!

all credit goes to Lordy for this great idea! .........

I'm constantly amazed at the creative endeavors of the vaping community. Good show, and vape on. :vapor:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
i have gotten tired of the hassle, and wasted juice with this atomizer. I found a solution ;) i converted it to a Spheroid! (Dreamoid) it holds as much juice as before and performs as good if not maybe a little better!

all credit goes to Lordy for this great idea!

Dream to spheroid conversion - YouTube

I just watched it without sound. Ready to give it a shot after fiddling with the DT a bit. That's a protank base that he used. Right? Not a viva.

Also, I think I wasted the spring in my DT. Anybody know of a pace to get spares? Or anybody have a DT sitting in a drawer unused or parts from a broken one?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I just watched it without sound. Ready to give it a shot after fiddling with the DT a bit. That's a protank base that he used. Right? Not a viva.

Also, I think I wasted the spring in my DT. Anybody know of a pace to get spares? Or anybody have a DT sitting in a drawer unused or parts from a broken one?

If you have any unused small flashlights lying around, check them for a suitable spring. This looks promising: http://www.madvapes.com/5ml-18mg-6887.html

Googleing for 'battery spring' brings up some stuff, also, search fasttech for 'spring' and take a look at their 7mm diameter / 10mm height spring. That's a little too big but could probably be cut back. If worst comes to worst, look here: Search - dream 804

There's bound to be some of these lying around so hopefully someone will respond. Come to think of it, I need the top piece for one myself.

I'm also doing something you might want to try. I don't mind doing something a little extra if there's a reward for it, and the reward for this is vaping from a fully saturated wick with every vape. That's normally achieved by dripping or squonking, but can be achieved with the 804 by covering the air hole with thumb or finger and giving a sharp little pull. Instant saturated wick.

Only problem is, if I've set mine up for maximum wicking, I can sometimes flood it a little when I do that. What I've done is increased the length of my wicks a little, so that each goes around and comes back under where the other is coming down from the deck. No more flooding, but I do have to give the dry pulls or I will get dry hits. Easy habit to make though. Vape, vape, vape, dry pull, vape, vape, vape.

Much easier than dripping or squonking, with the same results. Best of all, you don't even have to look, so you can do it while driving, watching tv or what ever.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Great info JD. Thanks. I have plenty of old flashlights laying around. And your method sounds good for me but I'm setting this up for when my wife is bedridden. Need flood, leak and fiddle proof.

Thanks!

No problem and wishing the best for your wife. Yeal, the spheroid gets high marks in all three areas. Keep us posted on how it works out for you. :vapor:

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
No problem and wishing the best for your wife. Yeal, the spheroid gets high marks in all three areas. Keep us posted on how it works out for you. :vapor:

pizza2me; I just got the real deal (kayfun) so if you need another bt804 for backup let me know. (PM ME)

Thanks guys! Will do. To both of you.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
............ That's a protank base that he used. Right? Not a viva. .........

Push the transport out to 5:10 and start. He calls it a nova, and says he almost said mini nova but there's nothing mini about it. So evidently the top is from a nova, and the other part he pushes into it is the bottom (he calls it the standard replaceable part) from an evod.

Another thing you might want to try when you get the chance is one of the newer top coils like the vivi with a big long drip tip, and put a micro coil at around 1.6 ohms in there (I'm assuming a straight ego device here, 3.4v or vv set in the 3.4 to 3.8 range) . You'd want the airiest draw you can find because a micro and a tight draw don't go well together unless you're willing to build in the 2.5 ohm range and put up with the slight lag on the heat up time. And a big long drip tip lol.

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Push the transport out to 5:10 and start. He calls it a nova, and says he almost said mini nova but there's nothing mini about it. So evidently the top is from a nova, and the other part he pushes into it is the bottom (he calls it the standard replaceable part) from an evod.

Another thing you might want to try when you get the chance is one of the newer top coils like the vivi with a big long drip tip, and put a micro coil at around 1.6 ohms in there (I'm assuming a straight ego device here, 3.4v or vv set in the 3.4 to 3.8 range) . You'd want the airiest draw you can find because a micro and a tight draw don't go well together unless you're willing to build in the 2.5 ohm range and put up with the slight lag on the heat up time. And a big long drip tip lol.

Drats! I threw the one viva I had away way back when after trying a few times. This was before I was rebuilding and never tried a good coil. But!... Thanks for reminding me JD1!!! I have been thinking that a top coil may be the way to go for her. At least for the times when she's down. She's got a provari, a lavatube and a kicked mech. So we're covered there. :) And just about all I do anymore, (while always having one SS wick going) is micro coils.

These newer top coils do not leak when vaped upside down? (flat on back). Or how about flood?

Sorry for OT folks. But, you have been a great help JD! Off to study them.... Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread