Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
The base is 2 pieces, so you can unscrew them and partially cover the airhole from the inside with a small bit of tape. It doesn't come into contact with the juice. Haven't done this to mine yet cause I literally just came up with it but I'll do a cotton rebuild and put on some tape later today and report back with the results.

trovatur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
Nice to see what that'll look like. Just got my new Stealth and the atty this morning. :)

:) i like it on the stealth cause it make it the same size than ggts and oddy with 18500.
I will also try cotton but it is working so great i will have to lower the flavor % on my diy , they taste stronger in it.

lumberjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
TX, USA

I think that means the Vivi Nova plastic tanks (3.5 ml) can replace the included tanks. I have some here and they fit perfectly. So, you can go nuts with colors.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I would be interested in how the cotton rebuild works. I'm still using the included wick and it's not been bad. I'm liking this atty more all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I just prefer cotton to silica. I use 100% cotton cheesecloth. Very cheap and easily available. Silica probably lasts longer, I change my wicks about once a week, I just prefer the cotton flavor.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Is anyone using nr leads in this. I noticed the stock coil had them and figure it couldn't hurt as the coil really needs to run perpendicular to the posts to align the wick tails with the channels. Straight res wire would leave long leads that would just be pure hotspots. I'm waiting on my nr wire before I rebuild it. Should be here today or tomorrow, I'll try to post some pics.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
How are you guys adjusting the juice flow screw (if in fact that's what it is)? The one located in the base, when you screw off the bottom piece?

Anyway, except for the loose draw, this thing is hitting like a champ. I like.

I'm not sure that's what that is. If it would make it better cause that's my only complaint, the wicking speed. I'm not getting enough juice to the coil. I thought about taking a small metal nail file and notching the inner cone that covers the coil where the wick slots are to open it up a little.

Got my nr wire today and built it with cotton wick and nr legs. Of course my phone died right when I started building it, so sorry no pics. Also covered the air hole with a tiny piece of tape, which helped the draw tremendously. First couple of hits were awesome because I pre-primed the wick. After that the juice just never caught up.

On a much better note, I finally got to set up my terminator-c. Man, that thing is beast! If I could get the Kayfun clone to perform like that it would be Awesome! I'll keep tinkering, but if anyone knows what's up with that screw underneath like Tim-man said, let us know!

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi. I just got one of these in the coop and I was just commenting over there that this doesn't seem to be designed quite right. I have watched some of the Russian videos for the real Kayfun and they don't stick the wicks down the channels, but rather spiral them around inside. problem is that the inner tube needs to be in two pieces to do that effectively. I found a video in German of someone building this clone the way it should be:
Dream Selbstwickler - YouTube
The problem then is that you need to plug the top and fill it upside down or it will flood with no wicks blocking the channels. I believe this device is supposed to work off some reverse pressure/vacuum type of thing and not simply semi-blocked wick holes. I've been vaping like in this German video for only ten minutes or so now, but it seems to be working much better.

Also I think I understand that mesh thing. The air comes from the side but then goes up that center hole, if you put mesh in there it will tighten the draw (Yay! I'm usually not picky about that, but this is just a little to loose.) The other bonus is that since the mesh is conductive, you should be able to take out the spring and let the mesh make the connection. But I am not sure if it would make a good connection or not. I'll have to give it a try.

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm thinking the spring and base are supposed to control air flow and also somewhat the pressure and wicking, BUT I think the Chinese didn't clone that aspect right. I'm guessing that maybe the threading on the base went higher in the original, and could block some of the hole, don't really know, but either way I have screwed and unscrewed the base and it makes no difference for me.

The cloners seemed to have totally misunderstood how this atty works and made a lot of mistakes because of it. Thankfully they left enough alone to still get it working great, but with a little more effort than should be required.

Anyways, more than an hour into this build I'm using, which is exactly like in the video I linked, and it's still working just great. I need a few days to be sure, but so far one of the best things ever. It's wicking great with no wick in the channels, it has gotten dryish a few times but never burnt, but just a few dry pulls and you'll see the bubbles letting you know it's working, but even that hasn't really been necessary, just desirable.

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
I'm definitely seeing the coil shorting when I open up the base screw too much. Has happened a couple of time now. Not sure what's causing it if it isn't flooding. Anyway, it is vaping pretty great. nice flavor too.

edit - I think the screw just holds one of the parts inside the cone in place. Doubt it has anything to do with the flow of juice...

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've been taking off the collector tank(bottom) and sticking a tooth pick in the air hole, after filling i put the top on and pour out the excess from the top while removing the tooth pick. Either that or loose more juice than it holds. I then salvage as much juice as possible. It sure works good once back together though for a cheapy.
I still have the wick and coil it came with so there should be room for improvement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread