Anyone have the new Kayfun clone aka Dream BT804 Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Wow so I set up this cheap little clone today..

I was a little skeptical at first.. I mean, how on EARTH could this thing possibly work??

Oh. My. God.

Aside from the slightly airy draw, which I can totally work around... I must say.. This thing is brilliant!

Wrapped a 1.2ohm coil around organic cotton yarn.. Set it up as good as I could considering the cone on the inside makes it kind of hard to see what happened to your wicks. Hopefully they make a new version with a 2-part cap...

Now I just need to perfect this gravity/air pressure thing and I'm golden!

I'm so glad I got this -- thanks for the thread which led me there!

EDIT: Well, that first refill was ... interesting.

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Got mine all set up with cotton candle wick and 30g Kanthal. At 1.1Ω it vapes fantastic, but it leaks like a .... out of the bottom into the base and spring housing.

Has anyone figured how to stop or minimize the leaking?

I think it leaks there when you screw the cap down. There's a pic tutorial back on like page 5 or 6 where you put the cap on just enough that the o-ring makes contact, flip it upside down and then screw it down.

Let me know if that works. I had that happen. What a messy refill that was!!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
The nic rush I'm getting off this thing.. Holy monkeys. I can't remember if this mix was 1mg or 2mg.. but it's hitting me hard whatever it is.

I can't put this thing down.

The flavor and vapor are magnificent.. This is on par with my $80 Killer 705, and no other RBA I have even comes close to touching this level of performance.

And way easy to set up (unlike my experiences with the Killer).

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Wow so I set up this cheap little clone today..

I was a little skeptical at first.. I mean, how on EARTH could this thing possibly work??

Oh. My. God.

Aside from the slightly airy draw, which I can totally work around... I must say.. This thing is brilliant!

Wrapped a 1.2ohm coil around organic cotton yarn.. Set it up as good as I could considering the cone on the inside makes it kind of hard to see what happened to your wicks. Hopefully they make a new version with a 2-part cap...

Now I just need to perfect this gravity/air pressure thing and I'm golden!

I'm so glad I got this -- thanks for the thread which led me there!

EDIT: Well, that first refill was ... interesting.
Stop up the drip tip hole with a plunger. Then you can fill it upside down. I made a plunger out of a rubber drip tip, and a mechanical pencil eraser. BTW I love my Dream atty too. :)

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Stop up the drip tip hole with a plunger. Then you can fill it upside down. I made a plunger out of a rubber drip tip, and a mechanical pencil eraser. BTW I love my Dream atty too. :)

I used a carto cap (just need something to stick in the middle of it and it's perfect) and filled upside down. You have to get the cone all the way out for that though, right?

I did that, and overfilled a hair, but it worked. Kind of complicated though.

I did pull it off to compare it to my Killer ... and yeah I pretty much love both equally. There's a bit less fiddling necessary with the Dream.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I used a carto cap (just need something to stick in the middle of it and it's perfect) and filled upside down. You have to get the cone all the way out for that though, right?

I did that, and overfilled a hair, but it worked. Kind of complicated though.

I did pull it off to compare it to my Killer ... and yeah I pretty much love both equally. There's a bit less fiddling necessary with the Dream.
If you are referring to the top cap. I leave it attached to the tank. When I fill the whole bottom section is off.

I built my Wife's this morning, and I couldn't believe the taste of her cinnamon bun. I'm baffled why these have outstanding flavor. Usually a bigger air hole has less flavor.

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Just tried this and so far so good. Took off the top cap and filled with juice. Put the cap back on about one turn, then flipped it upside down and tightened top cap. No leaking!

I am very surprised at how well this thing is performing. I've got it on a Natural, running a 1.1Ω coil with cotton yarn wick. I just wish it held more juice!

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Just got mine in today...and though I don't like the factory wick...I do see the potential. Loads of vapor! I'm going to block the inner air hole with mesh like in the video to fix the draw. I also pulled the wick out of the channels and have zero wicking or flooding issues.

I'm going to make a new coil more to my liking, and after that I think I will enjoy it more. ;)

tim_man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
MA
If you guys like the dream tank, you'll love this one..no leaks, holds a boat-load of juice, easy setup, and vape and taste is the best I've had

photo(2).jpg photo(3).jpg kfun-1.jpg kayfun coil.jpg ohms.jpg

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
Yeah, after using the Dream Tank, I really want a Kayfun 3.1 or 2.1. Only thing holding me back is the actual cost and availability of it.

I was looking for a kayfun, but stopped when i got the bt804. I didnt like the mod hunt to begin with, and this just filled the void nicely.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
I just picked one up at vapor bank in Smokey color. I have heard good things, so for $20 I think its worth the risk. if it works as good as a kayfun, its the bargain of the century. high hopes for the bt804 dream tank.

by the way, this accepts vivi nova tanks, if you want to change color or material of the tank. I prefer a tank to have a smaller capacity, I find that liquid seems to thicken and change flavor, the longer its exposed to the heat of a tank. especially if vaping a bobas bounty type. since I have to carry juice with me anyway, its more about ease of refill rather than tank capacity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread