• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone having an issue ordering from fasttech

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Tried to order from fasttech today and paypal denied the sale. I tried to order an rda and some drip tips and got the following from paypal:

"We had to decline this payment and refund your money because it didn't comply with regulatory requirements. This includes requirements that apply to the recipient of your payment. We're sorry for any inconvenience."

Has the FDA regulations finally come to this.

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Put something else in your cart...pay that with PayPal...and cancel that, then you have the money directly at fasttech! Then you can pay whatever you want.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
If PayPal is actually restricting sales from FastTech for American customers, I imagine it won't be long before FastTech finds another company to handle the transactions.

Just to see what happens, I ordered a drip tip. The transaction went through as normal.

Just ordered a set of drip tips and that went through. They must be restricting RDA's, RBA's etc... This is not good. I just opened a support issue with fasttech to findout if they know what's going on.

Put something else in your cart...pay that with PayPal...and cancel that, then you have the money directly at fasttech! Then you can pay whatever you want.
biggrin.gif

Can't place the order so there's nothing to cancel so unfortunitly that suggestion won't work.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Danny, I bet if you ask in the Fastech thread in the General Vaping forum you will get a better answer. I want to say I read something about one manufacturer (Kanger?) mucking things up with paypall.

Just now purchased two tanks and a pack of coils from there. No issues, PayPal approved!
Sounds like something on your end.

I emailed fasttech support and asked if they know anything about this, but good idea to post in the supplier forum as well. I have my eye on another RDA over there maybe I'll give that one a try. My charge has already been reversed so I don't need to wait for a refund.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Just ordered a set of drip tips and that went through. They must be restricting RDA's, RBA's etc... This is not good. I just opened a support issue with fasttech to findout if they know what's going on.

Can't place the order so there's nothing to cancel so unfortunitly that suggestion won't work.

As a Test, I put an RDA and some Replacement Glass for Tanks in the cart. Check-Out with PP went thru as Normal.

When exactly did you get the Notification from PayPal? In the Order Process? Or afterwards?

Is there Any State Regulation that might be causing some Problem?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
As a Test, I put an RDA and some Replacement Glass for Tanks in the cart. Check-Out with PP went thru as Normal.

When exactly did you get the Notification from PayPal? In the Order Process? Or afterwards?

Is there Any State Regulation that might be causing some Problem?

THis happened during the order process. It denied the payment due to regulatory requirements but when I looked at the transaction it said this purchase was being investigated due to a regulatory requirement. But it did charge my credit card. Then within an hour or so the charge was reversed with the statement contained in my original post.

I've ordered my hardware from them for years and this is the first time this has happened and there's no recent state regulations in force that I know of. I'm thinking that it just may be related to the specific item I was ordering because others have made RDA purchases since with no issues.
$13.01 Pharaoh Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 25mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
THis happened during the order process. It denied the payment due to regulatory requirements but when I looked at the transaction it said this purchase was being investigated due to a regulatory requirement. But it did charge my credit card. Then within an hour or so the charge was reversed with the statement contained in my original post.

I've ordered my hardware from them for years and this is the first time this has happened and there's no recent state regulations in force that I know of. I'm thinking that it just may be related to the specific item I was ordering because others have made RDA purchases since with no issues.
$13.01 Pharaoh Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 25mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Gotcha. Hard to say what happened.

I believe that RDA is a Pre 8-8-16 item.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I believe that RDA is a Pre 8-8-16 item.

Very well could be the case. I have my eye on another RDA so I'll order that one and see if it happens again. As a test I ordered some drip tips I needed and those went through.

It's no big deal it was kind of an impulse buy anyway:) I was more concerned about the FDA regulations affecting my purchases then the actual item itself. I have no beef with Fasttech they've been fantastic to deal with over the years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread