Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hmm, it was telling me 7 wraps of 27 , 2.5mm @ 1.1 was 21 wraps lol

Any time SE has seemed to make a mistake when I've used it I've found it was my error. Re-check all your settings and make sure you got everything right. Sometimes it takes me a few re-checks until I find the issue :)

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Any time SE has seemed to make a mistake when I've used it I've found it was my error. Re-check all your settings and make sure you got everything right. Sometimes it takes me a few re-checks until I find the issue :)
think it was just on the Ipad, came on the PC and everythings sorted....

Reactions: Ryedan

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I wish there was a way to save a SE template so I don't have to input my wire metal each time. I use 316L, not the default Kanthal which I have on more than one occasion forgot to reset and preferred ID, as I don't build 1.3 ohm coils. That's another one I can forget to set.

Watch, someone will post some super easy solution which I couldn't figure out on how to set those defaults for revisits.

Reactions: opticruby

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I wish there was a way to save a SE template so I don't have to input my wire metal each time. I use 316L, not the default Kanthal which I have on more than one occasion forgot to reset and preferred ID, as I don't build 1.3 ohm coils. That's another one I can forget to set.

Watch, someone will post some super easy solution which I couldn't figure out on how to set those defaults for revisits.

When you have the settings the way you want them, if you save that as a "bookmark" or "favorite"; the next time you open SE it will open with the bookmarked settings.

If you use the e-liquid mixing calculator, under menu there is an option to save.

If you move from tab to tab then SE will use its settings for the coil wrap tab. But if you use your saved bookmark, your settings re-appear.

:thumbs:

Last edited:

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016

do you do all that custom wire stuff mate, have a look at these, http://m.imgur.com/X8X7FxQ,l6Z63Ox what would you say the best wattage would be for two? I want to keep the heatflux under 219 but have no idea how to calculate these in to steam-engine

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
do you do all that custom wire stuff mate, have a look at these, http://m.imgur.com/X8X7FxQ,l6Z63Ox what would you say the best wattage would be for two? I want to keep the heatflux under 219 but have no idea how to calculate these in to steam-engine

Those look like fun to play with. I'd have no idea how to run something like that through SE and come up with a heat flux number on it. Besides, I don't think calculating a heat flux will really help you given the geometry of the build to get you your perfect vape.

What's the metal and resistance on those? And what atty, RTA/RDA, single or dual build? That would be the first info to try and figure out a reasonable start point, as let's face it, those will require some fiddling to get to your happy place with them.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
IMG_1323.PNG

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Oh, that's better. So they're Kanthal and supposedly come in at 0.15 ohm. That's something you should really check yourself before firing them up as those numbers are sometimes off with premade coils. Are they going to fit in a Baby RBA? They're pretty big, will it trap those legs (don't have one to know)?

For an Alien 3 core 26G wrapped in 32, I'd start around 35-40 W and raise it up until you're happy. If you have a mod that does preheat even better. That's a lot of metal to heat and will definitely benefit from it.

Reactions: smacuser

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Oh, that's better. So they're Kanthal and supposedly come in at 0.15 ohm. That's something you should really check yourself before firing them up as those numbers are sometimes off with premade coils. Are they going to fit in a Baby RBA? They're pretty big, will it trap those legs (don't have one to know)?

For an Alien 3 core 26G wrapped in 32, I'd start around 35-40 W and raise it up until you're happy. If you have a mod that does preheat even better. That's a lot of metal to heat and will definitely benefit from it.
Ill give it a try and let you know

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
says 0.152 on my smok alien

Good deal. So you should be ready to go once it's wicked. Just keep going up a few watts at a time until you get it dialed in. I prefer a warm but not hot vape, so you have to figure out what's comfortable for you.

The Alien also has an option in power mode for soft, normal, hard. Hard is essentially a preheat function, although not adjustable. I'd use that mod on hard to get up to temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread