Anyone heard of Emili?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
I love my eRoll so won't be switching or anything...

But tonight I went to a B&M Shop and they had just gotten in the Emili starter kits. It was interesting to see it and compare it to my eRoll. Weight was similar, design was similar. It's essentially the same idea.

What I liked was the clear tanks, the 100 mah batteries and 1300 mah PCC that charges two at once.
What I didn't like was that it's a manual battery with button, not automatic. I also wondered if extra tanks were available and what price they would be. Seem much "fancier" than the eRoll tanks.

What do you think of it? Like I said, I don't plan on switching and am quite looking forward to the eRoll-C. I just wondered if anyone has used the Emili or see them and compared.

ps. if you want to see it, search on "Emili ecig" (without quotes) on Google Images

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I was looking at that kit online and would like some more information. So far, I can't find any extra clearomizers or any other accessories for it. There are two websites that carry the starter kits but that's it.... It would have been better if they batteries were automatic. I've been searching for something small and stealthy for restaurants and such.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
I was looking at that kit online and would like some more information. So far, I can't find any extra clearomizers or any other accessories for it. There are two websites that carry the starter kits but that's it.... It would have been better if they batteries were automatic. I've been searching for something small and stealthy for restaurants and such.

It was interesting to see it in person, but the button immediately turned me off a bit. It is sharp looking though, and in theory should offer better battery life/performance. Weight and size are so similar to the eRoll the difference is probably negligible.

Not sure if it's a new product or one that just isn't popular...

Charley Crystal

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Detroit, Michigan, United States
It was interesting to see it in person, but the button immediately turned me off a bit. It is sharp looking though, and in theory should offer better battery life/performance. Weight and size are so similar to the eRoll the difference is probably negligible.

Not sure if it's a new product or one that just isn't popular...

It appears to be new. I googled it while at a smoke shop and couldn't find much about it. The smoke shop was selling it for $99 which is ridiculous when you consider for half that you can get an eRoll. It appears to creat very nice vapor and flavor though, the charger charges both ecigs which is nice. The button was also a turn off for me but if it were cheaper I would consider it for travel or the work day. I wouldn't pay more than say $40 or $50 for the kit though. I have the eRoll and love it, I just wish it was easier to get parts locally for it. The eRoll is such an amazing product I don't understand why it's not stocked more. At it's price point it's competitively priced with ego starter kits and might attract more smokers to vaping.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
The problem with the eRoll is the fiddle-factor is high. For anyone who was even a slightly heavy smoker, you're constantly refilling tanks and swapping tanks, and it gets pretty old. I LOVE the eRoll for it's simulated smoking experience.... nothing comes close honestly. But the constant tank filling ranks high on the annoyance scale, at least for me.

I will say, the eRoll Tank Pack (the one 3D printed by a french company) made the experience MUCH nicer. I didn't buy it until I had already owned the eRoll for a while, and that's a regret... I should have bought it sooner. If Joyetech is looking for a way to improve moving forward, they should buy this tank pack design from this company. If my eRoll had come with something similar, it would have made all the tank swapping a lot less painless.

Anyway, ultimately I moved on from the eRoll because of the fumblee-ness (LOL). I still use it from time to time when I'm out at photoshoots, but ultimately a device that holds a lot more juice is just more convenient overall. The Emili look interesting and it seems to hold more juice than the eRoll, but it doesn't appear to be catching on... at least in the 3 months it's been sitting in the case at my local vaping shop.

Andy Morris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
West Yorkshire UK
The problem with the eRoll is the fiddle-factor is high. For anyone who was even a slightly heavy smoker, you're constantly refilling tanks and swapping tanks, and it gets pretty old. I LOVE the eRoll for it's simulated smoking experience.... nothing comes close honestly. But the constant tank filling ranks high on the annoyance scale, at least for me.

I just do it after the kids have gone to bed, or before they get up.

I've got several other e-cigs, My eCom is nice by fiddly to fill and it all goes a bit wrong when the atty gets old. I've got a VTR which is a nice vape, lasts for ages and a lovely thing, but weighs a ton.

I recently got an eGrip which is such a sweet little thing, very strong vape.

But I still use the eRolls more, especially since I got a Mega PCC, it just lasts forever and you can clamp it in you mouth and get on with stuff, great for doing the suduko in a smoke break.

SmokinRabbit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2009
It's the cleaning, the tank changing, the filling, the charging... The maintenance end of it is so much more a PITA than something like the iStick with a 3+ mil tank :D

Yet, I'm still pretty torn about the whole thing really. Now that I'm vaping less overall, I'm going to give it a try again, and want to get the new mega PCC. I did just order an eGrip too though.

Like I said, and you agree, nothing beats the eroll for that true cigarette-like experience. And honestly, though I won't go back, I still miss my stogies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I love my eRoll so won't be switching or anything...
But tonight I went to a B&M Shop and they had just gotten in the Emili starter kits. It was interesting to see it and compare it to my eRoll. Weight was similar, design was similar. It's essentially the same idea.

What I liked was the clear tanks, the 100 mah batteries and 1300 mah PCC that charges two at once.
What I didn't like was that it's a manual battery with button, not automatic. I also wondered if extra tanks were available and what price they would be. Seem much "fancier" than the eRoll tanks.

What do you think of it? Like I said, I don't plan on switching and am quite looking forward to the eRoll-C. I just wondered if anyone has used the Emili or see them and compared.

ps. if you want to see it, search on "Emili ecig" (without quotes) on Google Images

Looks nice but when will someone make a true size (7.8mm x 84mm) with a tank? What is so hard about it? lol I know how misleading alibaba can be. 9.2mm x 99mm is not "same size as true cigarette."

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I'm in the same boat. I love the Egrip, but I also love the Eroll for hands free, driving & public use. I think I will go ahead and get the mega PCC. I just seem to have a lot of gear that I don't use anymore (since the istick and egrip came out), and I'll be adding 3 standard PCC's to that bin. Plus the PCC's from the 2 kits I picked up on that sale... Couldn't pass that up.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread