Anyone Heard of / Used One-On-One Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've been really liking their Vanilla Custard Cheesecake at 10% (Don't taste much cheesecake though). Their suggested usage seems pretty accurate to me - I usually just refer to those because not all of their flavors seem to be the same strength. So I don't really have one set percentage that I can really recommend - it varies.

Gonna try Spumoni next.

Reactions: nicobeak

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I'm finding 7 - 9% is good for me. I think the first time I tried the Flan I went with the 10% recommendation and it was tasteless or very muted. I would not say the Flan is a shake and vape kinda flavor. It is definitely better after sitting a while.
Guess I'd start conservative and you can always up the flavoring % if it right. When the Flan is right it tastes just like homemade flan with wonderful rich eggy flavor. I do find Stevia helps perk the flavor up as well but that is highly subjective. I've been putting in 3 drops/10ml of juice. Made what I call a "saturated" solution of Stevia by dumping roughly a teaspoon into a 30ml bottle of PG and then shaking the heck out of it and letting it sit in hot water. Most dissolved and if the little crystals bother you just decant off the clear liquid...... sorry, got a little off track here....lol

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
I am not a supertaster, or very descriptive, but here are some observations on a couple flavors:

Rice Pudding - Strong! Weird off flavor at 7%, too much like rice cooked in broth of some kind. Kind of fruity but musky, butyric acid taste. Still not pleasant with strong BA taste at 3%. Rice taste is earthy at 3%. Mixed with Mango at .5%, still too strong (earthy rice taste). Mixed with mango at .25%, this seems to be much better. Slight ricey undertone on the exhale. Conclusions: Very strong, not good standalone, possibly good mixer at very low percentages.

Rice Milk - @ 7% butyric acid taste, kind of meaty. @ 3% better than 7, creamy with milky taste. BA tastes calms after a day. Mixed with mango @3% - actually really good. Adds a different type of creaminess than standard creams. Not really a discernible rice taste, but there is something there that I like. Could taste just like rice milk; I don't know, haven't ever had it. Conclusions: Not good standalone, but I am surprised by this one. I will definitely be using it in mixes more. It seems to bring a different layer of cream to the party and I am really enjoying it.

Reactions: cindycated

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Is anything listed under "All Purpose" on their Web page (on the top, right hand drop down that is three horizontal lines) ok for vaping? I got about to page 26 on this thread and figured I'd better just ask :confused:. Thanks!
Yes. They moved stuff around on their site, so it's a little harder to tell, but I'm so far not seeing anything there that isn't vapable. If you want the full line of flavors though, go under "PG-Based." And read the flavor notes for any warnings - they kinda know that vapers are using their stuff (they even give you recommended DIY percentages), so if it's not vapable, you'll more than likely see some sort of warning. You want the base to be either PG, or VG, maybe with a little alcohol as needed - no oils.

Reactions: Cam775

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
Yes. They moved stuff around on their site, so it's a little harder to tell, but I'm so far not seeing anything there that isn't vapable. If you want the full line of flavors though, go under "PG-Based." And read the flavor notes for any warnings - they kinda know that vapers are using their stuff (they even give you recommended DIY percentages), so if it's not vapable, you'll more than likely see some sort of warning. You want the base to be either PG, or VG, maybe with a little alcohol as needed - no oils.
Thanks very much! Since flavorings aren't returnable I wanted to make sure I'm looking at the correct stuff.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've tried 2 of their concentrates, rainbow sherbet wasn't all that but the grape rancher was really nice.
You really have to let them sit for awhile. It's been averaging about 4 days for me, longer with custards (like Flan, Creme Brulee, etc.). They're pretty "meh" for the first few days, but after 4, they're pretty accurate. I mix to their recommended percentages and also add about 1-2% Sucralose. I've tried quite a few, but Root Beer Float is my favorite so far.

No Jonathan he means using the concentrate and adding it to PG to make a larger supply of the flavoring which isn't the case with these flavors. They're concentrated but not so much that you can dilute it any further past actually mixing. I suppose you could add it to an existing flavor but you'd be diluting your present nicotine content (not a bad thing in some cases) and diluting your current flavor profile by a very small degree. I wouldn't say it would be a bad idea to maybe add 1.5ml - 3ml to an existing flavor though. Unfortunately there flavors just aren't good enough to be used for any purpose in my opinion. I've worked in 3 vape shops to date and have used MANY different flavoring companies. Two of those shops have pulled off very successful flavors for locals and online buyers and none of them use One on One.

Someone said a couple posts back that these may be Flavor West just repackaged and I have to contest that. A shop I worked in had nearly every flavor and I've experimented with probably 5 liters worth of FW and have never made a connection to any One on One profiles.

With all that said I've officially given up on One on One flavors. I've made in the region of 15 different flavors with a few variations of each and everything turns out not awful but not premium by any means. There may be a few flavors that can be mixed with other companies flavors such as the Blood Orange or Vanilla Honey Strawberry but if all you have on hand is One on One you're probably gonna end up with a very wishy washy flavor that just doesn't stand out above the crowd.

flclouds

Oct 13, 2015
One on one is hit or miss. I have a bunch of flavors from them and my favorites are:

Cream number 2. Not sweet at all. Gives a dairy flavor to mixes

Pink Square Candy. Heaven in a bottle.

Sundae Topping. Chocolate and strawberry flavor. Go easy though!

Orange Ice Cream Bar- Nice mellow creamsicle

Saltwater Taffy- It reminds me of marshmallow. Not overpowering but it adds something extra to a mix.

Flan. This mixes nicely with vanilla custard and a hint of cinnamon candy.

Only flavors I didn't like were vanilla butternut and the red square candy. Pee and urinal cake. Yuck.

I ordered the strawberry pop rocks and sweet tart flavors today. Cant wait to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread