Anyone here try Anatabloc yet? (made by same company as CigRx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
please, keep us updated! wonder if anybody taken this as intended, as a supplement ......
Yes...apparently, a lot of people are. Even though I was very familiar with CigRx (I have some), I hadn't been keeping up with Star Scientific's developments lately, and just now learned that Anatabloc had been released and that there are lots of posts on the net from people that are taking it. Its been on the market for at least a few months. Surely, someone on ECF has tried this and can provide some feedback...

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Anyone here try Anatabloc yet? (made by same company as CigRx)

Anatabloc

This is the product referenced by Vocalek for a clinical trial last September...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...moke-pack-day-clinical-trial-opportunity.html

Its a dietary supplement, and its active ingredient is one of the key tobacco alkaloids in WTA. (The ingredient is also in CigRx, but apparently the dosage strength is different.)

If you've tried it, then please let us know what you experienced...

apparently, results are in from phase 1 and 2 - but this talks about an extended phase 3 which is still ongoing ...

Star Scientific Says Anatabloc Lowers CRP Levels In Phase II Trial

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
apparently, results are in from phase 1 and 2 - but this talks about an extended phase 3 which is still ongoing ...

Star Scientific Says Anatabloc Lowers CRP Levels In Phase II Trial

Thanks for posting that link, tiburonfirst. :)

This is good information to know. According to the study, anatabine -- by itself -- is just as effective as the CigRx (anatabine plus yerba mate) combination for reducing the desire to smoke. In other words, the MAOI -- *without* the stimulant -- satiates the desire to smoke. That suggests that a WTA eliquid that is *nicotine-free* might be just as satiating as the current versions!

This has huge implications!

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Hi tescela, I've been away for awhile. I still have my CigRx too! It just didn't do anything for me.
It looks like they have turned a corner with this though. If tobacco alkaloids reduce CRP!? It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Sure gives them a bigger market base. I haven't read much of the info on their website to see if it looks real.
It would be great if Big Tobacco could find a way to make tons of money helping people instead of killing them.... cuz they gotta make money.:closedeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread