Anyone tried a pharaoh 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDC123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
The Blue Grass State, USA
I have both the RTA and the RDA. With large, wide, flat wire coils like multi core fused claptons, framed staples or multi core aliens they both work very well. No leaks and the vape is flavorful if you build it right. You guys that don't like them drop me pm. We might work out some kind of trade.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have both the RTA and the RDA. With large, wide, flat wire coils like multi core fused claptons, framed staples or multi core aliens they both work very well. No leaks and the vape is flavorful if you build it right. You guys that don't like them drop me pm. We might work out some kind of trade.

I'm not a gigantic fan of overly complicated wire setups as they seem to create overly slow heating and cooling. Have you tried it with something simple? Like say regular 24g kanthal? Does it work well then?

TDC123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2014
The Blue Grass State, USA
I'm not a gigantic fan of overly complicated wire setups as they seem to create overly slow heating and cooling. Have you tried it with something simple? Like say regular 24g kanthal? Does it work well then?

I have. I've tried it with simple clapton coils and it was ok. I thought the complicated builds to be mostly hype for along time but I finally had a fellow make me some 4 core aliens and some framed staples. For me it changed the way I vape. Claptons, twisted and all those others were prone to spitting. Staggered whatever coils are to me also prone to spitting though not as badly. It seems that the more complicated coils wrapped with 36 or higher wire do the best. There is a point of diminishing returns in my opinion where some of the more complicated builds are more for looks than anything else and the vape quality actually goes down for me personally.

I do vape in TC mode and mostly on Hohmtech devices, either the Slice or the G2. I have several of each. I do not notice a slow ramp up time. Compared to my many, many other regulated mods these work the best for me.

Such coils do eat up battery power and juice. I generally don't take tanks or RDA's with such coils out on the go. I use smaller tanks with coils made from the pre made wire from Advanced Vape Supply sells. They have tri core fused claptons in 28 Gauge wrapped with 36 and 30 gauge wrapped with 38. A 5 to 7 wrap 2.5 mm ID coil (depending on atomizer) works excellent in my smaller tanks. My other regulated mods handle those wires just fine.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've been learned by not to trust clones of more complicated mods.

I've got a clone dark horse and a clone velocity that are both excellent. The clone kangers and clone kayfuns after v3 have all been disasters though. I may pick up a real one as $25 just isn't crippling either

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I got my authentic Pharoah RDA for around 15 bucks. I believe it was on Efun. If you create an account there and log in the prices drop on lots of things. The RDA is currently 15.99 and the RTA is currently 23.99. Those prices do not include shipping.
which in my case was around four bucks when I ordered it. Thanks btw

Reactions: TDC123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread