Anyone Tried Kanger Upgraded Dual Coil VOCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
Maybe 80VG the 100 VG might still be too thick. I use 50/50 and 65VG though I was able to use 65VG with the Silica coils. I haven't tried higher VG with the SOCC coils yet. I should be getting a sample of Max VG from MBV soon. Last order they forgot to send it. But did give me 4.99 store credit. Let me know how they wick with thicker VG if you could.

Working very well so far with 100% VG, 24mg Nic. Unflavored.

I gave the VOCC 1.5ohm coild a good 20 minutes in a full Genitank Giant before I starte vaping and it settled in in about another 20 minutes.

Love it now, Using a 26650 Mech with a MNKE 3500mah battery.

Eric

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Working very well so far with 100% VG, 24mg Nic. Unflavored.

I gave the VOCC 1.5ohm coild a good 20 minutes in a full Genitank Giant before I starte vaping and it settled in in about another 20 minutes.

Love it now, Using a 26650 Mech with a MNKE 3500mah battery.

Eric

So I would think the SOCC coils would handle more then 65VG. I might drop down to the 1.5ohm with them but I'm just a low wattage vapor with a 15w mod

Reactions: Eric Auer

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
So I would think the SOCC coils would handle more then 65VG. I might drop down to the 1.5ohm with them but I'm just a low wattage vapor with a 15w mod

You have to try yourself but I used the 1.8ohm and 1.5ohm SOCC coils with 100% VG and I like the 1.5ohm VOCC coils more.

Eric

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
You have to try yourself but I used the 1.8ohm and 1.5ohm SOCC coils with 100% VG and I like the 1.5ohm VOCC coils more.

Eric
Was it just the VOCC you liked better or was there reason you didn't use the 1.8ohm in the VOCC? Benefit of the 1.5ohm over the 1.8ohm??? Basically I still use the 1.8ohm for when I mow the yard I can use my older standard EVOD 650mah batt. I would think 1.5ohm be to low resistance to use on the 3.7v EVOD battery when I used it. But I'm realizing I don't use the standard EVOD much even the last time I mowed yard I used the I Pow 2. (Using a mini mag light belt case to carry it :) ) I have used it to dry burn coils before I rewick them. But the 3.7v standard EVOD should be fine for quick burn of the 1.5ohm coils. So I was thinking of trying the lower resistance. Heard it be a warmer vape with little more cloud production. So probably just personal preference. I just knew I'd be frying juice if used 1.5ohm with the EVOD 650mah batt

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Update: I was just vaping at 9 watts with the Mini PT2. Running the 1.8ohm SOCC coil (reads 1.9 on I Pow 2 15w battery) I didn't get any dry hit's raising from 7 to 9 watts. With silica ones I'd get nasty burnt hit taste, not sure if was a dry hit but taste nasty above 7 watts with most juices. Some could go to 7.5, but 8 watts would be burnt taste for sure. I probably could of went higher then 9 watts. I'll do some more experimenting since if I do trash a coil I do have spares and some ready to re-wick. I'd like to know the limits with these Organic Cotton Coils. Everyone I talked to before and myself realized 8 watts was max you would want to use on the silica ones. I think these could handle 10 maybe more, they probably wouldn't last as long...
Update some juices I still prefer 6-7 watts as sweet spots...but that one was liking 9 watts

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
You are right they are dual coil. I bought the same ones and they are working out great so far compared to the previous generation. The taste is much improved in my opinion. More importantly they have allowed me to burn at higher wattages without getting a nasty taste. With the previous coils I was very limited to a wattage sweet spot. I love being able to crank it up and take a shorter yet equally effective hit with the new coils. I will report back in a week or two about the longevity of the coil.

What limits did you find out? I'm using the SOCC'S and have realized I can crank up watts more then I could on the 1.8ohm Silicas but only been using them since last Friday and just now pushed over 8 and was getting good vape at 9 watts. I plan on seeing how high I can go as 7-8 watts was limits I had with the Silica coils

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
I personally don't like the new line of could that kanger is putting out and I think that they are worse .. Obviously this is my opinion.
And thank you for your opinion!

I haven't had a chance to try anything other than the old and new silica coils, so I'm curious to hear what others have to say about both the SOCC and the VOCC.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
I also like the new coils. My juice is normally 70 or 80 VG at 3 nic. Love the flavor. Dr crimmys kitty milk or daydream just rock in these tootlepuffer tanks and I have pushed them up to 12 watts with no issues...but I personally find that 8 watts for me at least seems to be a sweet spot. Side note...the wife who is a non smoker likes the smell of both of those juices so I can happily puff away while playing world of tanks in the den. :thumbs:

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Much improved using the 1.8 ohm vocc for the protank 3, aerotank and mini aerotank for me. Used to get dry hits and coils just stopping working. Can now vape happily between 10-12 watts in all previously mentioned tanks with no issues at all. Seem really reliable to me. Still,a slightly muted flavour compared to the nautilus bvc and pgs air coils.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Instead of starting a new thread, I see many of you here use the Aerotank. I was considering getting the Nautilus Mini but there still pretty expensive tanks. Now with the new coils from Kangertech that has made a big upgrade to my Mini Pro Tank 2's, I'm considering upgrading my PT2's more and getting the Air Flow Adjustable base. I see Sweet Vapes carry them but out of stock. MBV don't carry ones for the Mini. But I've found them for 8$ on a site Phil Busardo recommends. Since I already have the Mini Pro Tank 2's and using the SOCC coils now, which was a mass improvement, I'm thinking I get a couple of Air Flow Adjustable base's and upgrade them to a Aerotank but with the SOCC instead of VOCC coils. Opinions? I feel it be cheaper as I already got 35-40$ in the 4 Mini Pro Tanks, it be a lot cheaper then buying 4 Nautilus Mini's

The AFC rings are a must. Just as transformative for pt's as the coils were. I never liked protanks until I got the air flow control.

Matthew981

Dec 4, 2015
I just tried a couple of these coils. I had two burn out right away despite giving them plenty of time to saturate (30min+)
These are crap coils and if you take anything more than a baby sip they apparently burn out. Using a T3'D with an "herbal concentrate" in 100% PEG USP. I get 7-10 days with an enclosed wick dual coil head with exact same usage procedures.

Andrew Cutler

Jan 9, 2016
These are definitely an upgrade. I recently bought the Protank 3 which included two extra dual coils in it, I have no idea what the ohms for those coils were. The airflow was tight and the flavor was pretty weak, especially the more use the coil got. I disassembled one to see what the rebuild would require, they were dual horizontal microcoils with a silica wick. 32 gauge Kanthal for sure. Not an easy task to rebuild so I went and bought some replacements for the meantime. The smoke shop had these new VOCC coils, so I grabbed a pack of the 1.5 ohm. Very nice. Much improved airflow and vastly superior taste. Cranked the V3 Mega up and got some warmth. It's all good. Two issues, one, the tank base will not screw down all the way tight with these. It leaves a pretty good gap, about 2 millimeter, but there is no leaking at all. Is this done on purpose to improve airflow? I was leaving the base loose to improve airflow with the included coils, it helped some but not like these do. The other thing, I tried to disassemble one and the chimney would not come off it, I used some force, no luck. Has anyone tried to rebuild these? I have not seen any videos either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread