Anyone tried the UCigar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigChrono

Oct 4, 2013
NC, USA
I know this forum is pretty dead, but I was wondering if anyone has tried the UCigar?
http://www.vaporbeast.com/UCigar-p/39-0201-026.htm
It's not something I would use day-to-day (single strength, single flavor, prefilled cartos), but it seems like a nice cigar-a-like for places where you want to look flashy or would get strange looks if you had a proper mod. It has a USB 2.0 connection to charge and to connect the carto (no passthrough) which is interesting. I figure $24 for the battery plus three cartos (and free shipping) it can't be that bad. If I get it I'll post back in this thread and post my opinions.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Ordered a disposable from VB just to see how they were. I'm really impressed. Don't know the exact strength, think they just referred to it as "mild". But, it's good, and I'm actually liking the flavor too. Just came in from taking the dog out, and standing on the deck having this was pretty nice. Matter of fact, yesterday I went ahead and ordered the rechargeable (w/three cartos) and an additional two pack. Not bad for about $30 US. Also just did a youtube search and found at least one guy in Germany who refills the cartos. Couldn't understand the language but I got the gist from the visuals. So actually, I'm even a little happier with them now, knowing that I can refill. As a pleasant aside, I had ordered a new acoustic and it was delivered on New Year's Eve. Was nice to sit there with my new guitar, a drink and my "cigar", enjoying New Year's Eve!

bigt

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
PA
I bought one on Monday it's now Friday and it just came in the mail. I'd say that's pretty good shipping as I've waited WEEKS at times for vapemail.

So I bought the U Cigar from VaporBeast and a few refill cartridges. I'm glad I did because... I like it! Let's get into it a bit. A cigar smoker who isn't sold on e cigars isn't going to have a come-to-Jesus over this thing. It IS a vaporizer and the smoke isn't nearly as thick as they're going to want. Those spices and subtle flavors an experienced cigar smoker is looking for aren't there. It's not going to revolutionize cigar smoking and it's not going to impress the hardcore afficianados. So enough about what it's not, let's discuss what it is :)

I paid $24.00 for it and I haven't emptied the cartridge at an estimated 50 puffs so I can't speak for the longevity yet. I'll post here when I do. It comes with one cartridge and two refillls. The taste is... pretty good! Does it match a $24 cigar? Not even close. But it does taste at least somewhat like a cigar. It's a tough inhale so I wouldn't recommend it. Puff it like a normal cigar and you'll get a nice cigar-esqe flavor. It's the best I can describe it. It's not quite at the level of a time honored and trusted stogie but i mean, what can be expected? This technology is relatively new and cigar blends in some cases have a hundred years on this thing. I CAN say that Ive tried vaping quite a few cigar-like flavors from some pretty reputable ejuice companies and i haven't found anything even close to the taste of a nice stogie. This is... even close :) Not quite there but I'm not throwing it away any time soon either. Fair enough?

Pros:
-Cigar like taste
-Familiar feel
-Pretty reasonable for a battery and three cartridges
-Don't have a ruler on me but I wanna say this bad boy is close to a slightly longer robusto in size
-Nice nicotine hit by puffing alone
-nice looking packaging

Cons:
-Not a ton of smoke. If you have even a medium grade ecig you'll be disappointed if you're a plume chaser. But the taste is there
-Not a ton of places to find refills
-Taste is adequate but nothing like a cigar of similar price.
-A bit heavy if you are the kind of cigar smoker who likes to keep it between his lips while using your hands to do other things.
-No instructions of any kind

Taste:
-My impression is that of a low-to-medium end mild cigar. Think like a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Doesn't really taste quite like that, but it's in that ballpark. Obviously the lack of burning tobacco means that smokey essence a cigar smoker would want is completely absent but it does taste like tobacco, as opposed to other "cigarlike" flavors that often can be anything but. There's hint of pepper, maple, and earth. I'm telling you it's not going to win an award from your snobby cigar magazines but it's not bad either.

All in all I'm pretty happy. I'm an ecig vaper and i like the inhale typically. But DONT INHALE THESE! Kinda kills the taste and vibe. These are designed to be a true e cigar and should be puffed as one. For me, it's a switch up to avoid the monotony of the same 2 or 3 flavors I've become accustomed to in my Halo Triton and I'm impressed. This thing isn't bad at all. Nice tasting vapor and a price that didn't kill my wallet. I'm overall slightly happy with this based on my first impression. I'll be posting in a week or so after I've had more time with it.

Last edited:

bigt

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
PA
I should say that i tried a $60 cigar disposable and this thing actually tastes better. I forget the name off the top (seminal maybe?) of my head but I saw some jabroni reviewing it on youtube and gave it a shot. It was o.k. The dud eon youtube said it was "by far the best e cigar on the market" which was a lie lol. It was overpriced and clear they gave him a nice supply and he overstated it a bit. This one was actually a bit better AND it offers refillable cartridges. At $24 it was a much better buy.

Last edited:

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Nice review bigt. Only thing I found different in my case was that if I just puff two or three short times like I would with a cigar, it produces a real good amount of vapor. Just got a new order today too. I'm buying the main unit, and then a two-pack of carts for $7. So For $32 or so I'm getting the batt and all together 5 carts. I'm finding one cart lasts about a week or longer. Now, I'm not vaping it constantly, but a good bit during the day, and it's my standard for watching the news from bed, before sleeping. Three weeks now on the first, and I've only recharged the batt 3 times. Only ordered a new batt unit too because I didn't know how much longer it would last, and I'm not ready to give this up yet. I'm really loving it! And the fact that my wife makes no objection to me having a cigar in bed just makes it all that much sweeter!

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
bigt, I charge through the USB port too. Mine stays "lit" and then goes dark when it's fully charged. Maybe an hour or two, I think. Are you sure it was fully discharged? It will start blinking when it's discharged. But it should stay lit when charging. Could be a defective unit? If so I would think VaporBeast would have no problem issuing replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread