Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got my Wasp today,and i really like it.I actually like it better than my Hadaly.I do agree with others,the drip tip section is too short,but the hole is just the right size for a drip tip to fit into it.I have a bunch of the Derringer type drip tips from Ft,so i put one on this,and it works perfectly.I already added another Wasp to my cart for my next order.
wasp_zpssvz2xfix.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Was wondering if that would work. i have a couple real short tips, or maybe even this little sliver thing from the Firefly would fit...
I know - similar look. Hopefully, the Wasp airflow is less stupid...

firefly_styled_rda_rebuildable_dripping_atomizer_yellow_5_.jpg

Got my Wasp today,and i really like it.I actually like it better than my Hadaly.I do agree with others,the drip tip section is too short,but the hole is just the right size for a drip tip to fit into it.I have a bunch of the Derringer type drip tips from Ft,so i put one on this,and it works perfectly.I already added another Wasp to my cart for my next order.
wasp_zpssvz2xfix.jpg

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Was wondering if that would work. i have a couple real short tips, or maybe even this little sliver thing from the Firefly would fit...
I know - similar look. Hopefully, the Wasp airflow is less stupid...

firefly_styled_rda_rebuildable_dripping_atomizer_yellow_5_.jpg
If those little shorty tips are standard 510 drip tip size,then they should fit right in,i tried a few different tips and they all fit the same.As for the airflow,yeah it is directly across from the coil,just like the Narda,and wide open,it is very airy.I had to close it off just over half way because it was too airy for me.
By the way,where did you find drip tips that short?I've never seen any like that.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Mine to :( No way a 510 DT will fit!
    Just read this in a FT discussion:

"510 driptips may not fit in all topcaps
    Just an FYI to anyone interested. I have a silver one and a gold/brass one. I can fit a 510 driptip in the cap that came with silver but not at all in the gold. I have a couple of nice short ultem tips and don't like vaping through this topcap so I'm quite disappointed that the topcaps aren't all uniform in size."

:-x:-x:-x

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Those (both - black and white) came WITH the Firefly...
    Sounds like the Wasp should have done that, too and people would like it a lot better...

If those little shorty tips are standard 510 drip tip size,then they should fit right in,i tried a few different tips and they all fit the same.As for the airflow,yeah it is directly across from the coil,just like the Narda,and wide open,it is very airy.I had to close it off just over half way because it was too airy for me.
    By the way,where did you find drip tips that short?I've never seen any like that.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Not that I "like" that - but it's good info.
    I'll just have to wait and see...mine's on the way...

Just an FYI to anyone interested. I have a silver one and a gold/brass one. I can fit a 510 driptip in the cap that came with silver but not at all in the gold. I have a couple of nice short ultem tips and don't like vaping through this topcap so I'm quite disappointed that the topcaps aren't all uniform in size."

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio

That sucks,the brass one is the one i put in my cart,and i can't use this rda without a drip tip.You would think they would use the same cap on both bases.Worst case scenario,if i have to,i will drill the cap out a bit to fit a tip in the brass one.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Not that I "like" that - but it's good info.
    I'll just have to wait and see...mine's on the way...
    Do you have the brass one coming?If so,i'm definitely curious to see if maybe they changed the cap on the newer releases of it.The silver was out of stock when i bought mine,so it was a fresh batch that they just got in when mine shipped out,so maybe they updated the caps.

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    That sucks,the brass one is the one i put in my cart,and i can't use this rda without a drip tip.You would think they would use the same cap on both bases.Worst case scenario,if i have to,i will drill the cap out a bit to fit a tip in the brass one.

Mite be easier to turn down the DT? Thats why I'm going to try when I get a chance :)
    BTW I have the Brass one.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Mite be easier to turn down the DT? Thats why I'm going to try when I get a chance :)
    BTW I have the Brass one.
    Yeah,that may be easier,and if i screw it up,i have about 20 of that same drip tip,so i can keep trying haha.Beats possibly screwing up the cap.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Nope - got the SS, from Fasttech...
    Fingers crossed...

Do you have the brass one coming?If so,i'm definitely curious to see if maybe they changed the cap on the newer releases of it.The silver was out of stock when i bought mine,so it was a fresh batch that they just got in when mine shipped out,so maybe they updated the caps.

Reactions: b.m.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Aaarrggghhhh. Dammit.
    No effing BF pin. Firing off a "case" to F-tech now. I do have an order to place later, so maybe they'll throw it in with that...

It WILL fit a few drip tips. Just a little tight - I have one or two that'll go in, and if you have one you like, worst case would be a LITTLE sanding of o-rings probably. If your's is same mouthpiece diameter as mine, that is...

So...moving on to open the Gorge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread