Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
you can always buy them on-line in a pinch- how long do you think it takes to go through 5 coils? last me at least 2-3 months. they might restock by then don't ya think?

I know....I just don't want to have to fight hoarders for these things. I already went through that with IkenVape.

SpaceAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
oHIo
Just received my two in the mail today, ordered from Nhaler who shipped very quickly, and also received it in plastic with no extra heads as stated on their site. Loaded up a tank of Melon Boba and I have to say it is performing quite well. Great Vapor, nice even draw, good TH and nice flavor.

I will say it is not outperforming my Phiniac or my JonBoy Lava Tank, but, it's definitely less work, basically fill it up and vape away, no concern for loading cartos or getting a bad carto. I saw somewhere on FB yesterday that there's already a V2 coming out late Oct early Nov that has a glass tank so you can use whatever juice you like so I will probably hold off on ordering any more heads until that baby is out.

If you're on the fence I'd order it, it seems to be performing quite nicely.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Just to be sure, these heads work on ANY of the different styles of clearos available, right? I might pick up 2 for now to try them out, I don't really vape cinnamon or lots of citrusy stuff so I'm not too worried about glass tanks. And as far as all the diff types of clearos, they all perform pretty much the same? I've seen Pbusardo's video, just wanted additional feedback from other users. I've been mainly using my iClear 16s which are performing well for me, but I would like something that is bottom coil that has better flavor than these.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Just to be sure, these heads work on ANY of the different styles of clearos available, right? I might pick up 2 for now to try them out, I don't really vape cinnamon or lots of citrusy stuff so I'm not too worried about glass tanks. And as far as all the diff types of clearos, they all perform pretty much the same? I've seen Pbusardo's video, just wanted additional feedback from other users. I've been mainly using my iClear 16s which are performing well for me, but I would like something that is bottom coil that has better flavor than these.

the aspire heads work across the entire aspire line. they don't work with other brands of clearos so they are not interchangeable with kanger , anyvape, dbox, etc. can't wait to try them out......

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
Shortly after my last post, I loaded it up with the bane of my clearo's existence: Boba's Bounty. I had pretty much given up on Boba's. This did pretty well. I'd put it on a par with a boge in a carto tank as far as flavor with fewer wicking problems. How the heck does this thing do it with those two tiny holes? I punched four in the boge and still ran dry from time to time. Sheesh.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I had to give the Aspire another chance; I so wanted it to shine, to become my bottom-coil mainstay--to justify the $10 I'd spent on it.

I knew my DIY tobacco flavor I'd tried before to be selective, performing full-flower in only a small, select number of delivery devices, so I tried a menthol/tobacco flavor I sometimes vape to avoid vaper's tongue (Frostbite by Mountain Oak Vapors). This time I had two devices set up to provide an immediate, side-by-side comparison with the iClear 30.

I know I'm going against the grain here, but the i30 still won.

Frostbite isn't of the Vicks Vapo Rub menthol persuasion; menthol shares the stage with a nuanced tobacco element, and those flavor tones simply all but vanished in the Aspire.

As I mentioned before, the Aspire is superior in all other regards, but at the end of the day, flavor is what it's all about.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Hmm, I just got two of the large vivi nova style ones in today. I loaded it up with my favorite juice (vixen vapors tigers blood 50/50 blend) and I am having a problem with dry hits. If I let it sit for a while or take some primer pulls I can get two solid drags from it, but after that it all falls apart. It just doesn't seem to feed the liquid very well. I loaded up another (thinner) juice and it seemed to be much better. Using the thinner juice I did have the flooding problem Phill stated paired with my Provari. My thinker tigers blood never flooded it though. I'm hoping it's just a bad head. Maybe I can drill it out...

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
just got my first one in today. cleaned it and loaded some VV kona coffee milkshake (50/50 with some 100% vg unflavored WTA added). let sit a minute or two. nice draw, not too tight or airy. loads of vapor. taste is there and I am sure it will improve with time as I don't change flavors but use a single tank for each of my four flavors. basically, this is a Vivi Nova tank with a hybrid dual bottom coil with a carto-like design. as I vape this I am really enjoying it. the flavor, while not as pronounced as an RDA or RBA it is definitely better than any clearo to date.

after a few minutes the flavor has improved-no leaks, easy to assemble and fill, and you can use your own drip tip. this will be my clearo tank of choice when I am not using an RDA or RBA- nice design execution- not much to look at, but I care more about taste than looks.....

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Just got mine today, filled one up with Butter Beer from Vapor Chef and the other one with Lemon Loves Cake from AIV. Both of these are the Ego style design. I had to pull down the post a little in one of them, as it was firing on my iTaste VV or my Spinner.

Overall, I have to say these perform pretty darn good. Draw is somewhat airy, but not too airy.. not as airy as the protanks. Flavor comes through well, pretty close to dripping but not quite. But this is good for a clearo, most of my other ones totally mute the flavor to oblivion to where it tastes like I'm vaping slightly sweetened unflavored juice. I will definitely be using these over my iClear 16s and Vapeonly BCC.

I think unless they come out with something WAY better than this, I won't be buying any more clearos (unless all of mine die and I run out of coils) and move onto RBA. That is about the only thing I haven't tried.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Has anyone here noticed how easy/hard these coils might be to rebuild? Some friends and myself are waiting for a bunch of them now and I have been following the reviews here. We are all wondering if they might just be too much of a PITA to rebuild or not.

Ummm.... nevermind. I got my answer :)

Last edited:

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
Pbusardo tears one apart in his video. In addition to the fact that there are, of course, two coils, they use non resistance kanthal for the leads which is fused to the kanthal for the coil itself. Also one of the coils has insulator on the leads. The inside of the base also has some thin batting like cartomizer filler that is custom trimmed to fit since the base has notches. Pretty fiddly.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Pbusardo tears one apart in his video. In addition to the fact that there are, of course, two coils, they use non resistance kanthal for the leads which is fused to the kanthal for the coil itself. Also one of the coils has insulator on the leads. The inside of the base also has some thin batting like cartomizer filler that is custom trimmed to fit since the base has notches. Pretty fiddly.

Yeah, thanks. Looks like these will be pretty disposable which could be a good thing as long as people are saying that they last :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread