Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
with 2 coils, building these things would be rather tricky. the good thing is that there are no wicks to worry about. and yes, soak, polydent, soak. that last soak is to get rid of the ploydent taste.

Salem, have you been re-using the coils? if so, how many times have you been able to do that?

Actually their are two small coils as well as a wick and material surrounding the interior by the coils which is similar to the material in a cartomizer. I have 2 coils have worked perfectly going on the 3rd month. I simply either soak it for about 1 hour in polydent and water or Everclear. I then rinse it under fresh water and let it dry from 1 hour to overnight. I rotate between the 2 for that clearomizer which I was using daily until I got my Nautilus and now when I'm not at home. The Nautilus is used at home only due to size.

Last edited:

sark666

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
toronto, ontario, canada
i love Twisted's vids. that base problem doesn't happen with mine. i DO have the "pull the pin down" problem. i fixed it by puuting air flow controllers on all my batteries. now i can retire my sewing needle. :)

I meant to ask, how exactly does the air flow controller solve the pin issue? Would these work ok on an ego type battery? Currently using a vision spinner.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
I meant to ask, how exactly does the air flow controller solve the pin issue? Would these work ok on an ego type battery? Currently using a vision spinner.

the (and i have no idea what you call it) contact point in the AFC has a smaller diameter than a battery contact point and it seems to go up into the coil, rather than just wait for the coil to come down and touch it. my webcam is cheap, but here are some pics:

[url=http://postimage.org/] http://postimage.org/[/URL]

it works on all of these batteries. if it works on the itaste v3, it should work on a vision spinner:

[url=http://postimage.org/] images[/URL]

this is a newly converted aspire:

[url=http://postimage.org/] windows screen capture[/URL]

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
I've been eyeing those long drip tips. What do you think about them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

i have those and some slightly smaller ones. they cool the vape just a smidgen and prevent any condensation buildup from getting in your mouth. hence, i really like them. got 11 of each size from FT for just over a buck a piece.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
It's pretty cold here right now and I was outside 3 times today, seemed to perform fine. But once inside 10 minutes later, completely flooded. I had no leaks, that would have ticked me off. This is my first clearomizer so I just thought the extreme temperature changes caused it and this would have been true of any clearomizer. Is that not the case and this only happens with the aspire bdc? It would be nice to be able to use a clearomizer outdoors in the cold, come in side and not have to worry about flooding/leaking.

Most of the time my "flooding" issues with the Aspire is condensation in the top cap. Pull the drip tip, mop it out and it's good to go.

Wish I hadn't seen these: http://www.vividsmoke.com/aspire-vivi-nova-s-bdc-rainbow-finish.html

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Ha, ha! There is another venodr that has these as well. They are local to me. They match the Rainbow Spinners perfectly :D

shiny-object.jpg

10 char.......

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Got some polident and doing a soak on my first used coil. is an hour good or overnight? And about dry burning. Can't actually see the coils so do I assume just a few 2-3 seconds burns and when you see no more smoke from residual juice it's good?

i soak my 24 hours, but that might not be necessary. i follow up with another soak 24 hour in water to get the taste of the polydent out. i let them dry by the heater, so i don't bother to dry burn. it helps to have a lot of coils, though.

sark666

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
toronto, ontario, canada
Sorry you did mention 24 hrs earlier.

i let them dry by the heater, so i don't bother to dry burn.

hmm, dry by the heater vs dry burn... I thought the dry burn is to burn off any residual gunked juice so how would drying by a heater accomplish the same thing? And I do have more coils but just went through my first one and on my 2nd, so I thought might as well see if I can get more life out of the first one and if I can I'll do that for the rest.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Sorry you did mention 24 hrs earlier.
hmm, dry by the heater vs dry burn... I thought the dry burn is to burn off any residual gunked juice so how would drying by a heater accomplish the same thing? And I do have more coils but just went through my first one and on my 2nd, so I thought might as well see if I can get more life out of the first one and if I can I'll do that for the rest.

i'm just trying to do as little damage as possible to the coil. someone in another thread said he boils them and then dry burns. i keep a jar by the sink and throw the coils in as i replace them. some get a 7 day soak or more. i doubt there is much gunk on there by the time the hit the denture tablets.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Soaking with water won't touch caramelized sugars although an alcohol soak will. I know from my starting vaping days way more than I want about cleaning coils although the size of these tank coils is smaller than those in the atomizer the process is about the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

sark666

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
toronto, ontario, canada
Ok I must have done something wrong. This coil was just going with a hint of burnt taste when I switched it. Soaked in warm water a couple of hours. In polident in warm water for day and a half. Rinsed and soaked in warm water for about 6 hours. Let dry near heater overnight and throughout today. Put in clearo, filled some juice and let sit for about 10 minutes. Took a hit to the nastiest burnt taste I ever had. Even though it was awful, took a few more thinking the good flavour will come. It wasnt coming. Lol
Took off clearo and 3 or 4, 3 second dry burns. Let sit and try again. It was better but still nasty burnt taste. So I assume this coil is toast now, but would like to figure out where I went wrong.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Well --- if it was getting better --- try it some more. (the dry burn bursts)

Burnt taste is usually a wicking matter, not coil. Before even starting that amazing amount of work you did, dry doing a couple of "dry pulls" (don't push the power button). I'd do the same with the coil you have now in an effort to get some return on your hard work.

Amazingly, I've rinsed in the tap a few Aspire coils, and assembled right away. (OK, I did try to shake and/or blow out some of the water.) Can't say there was much of a vape at first, but amazingly a few minutes later all was quite fine. Previously I would have thought this ridiculous, so I had to try it and see for myself. Sure was a lot easier and loads faster. YMMV.

I really don't know what went wrong Sark. I'm sure someone else will come along with some help for you. Personally, I like things as plug and play as possible and keep it as simple as I can.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I simply rinse mine daily under hot running water before it gets the chance to get gunked up. After a few weeks, I boil and then soak in PGA. Air dry overnight. That has worked well for me.

When I used kanger coils, I rinsed at every fill if I was able to. Many people use this method. Once you reassemble the vape will be a bit watery but you just vape through that and are good to go.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
I'll try boiling next time. But wouldn't the rubber bits melt? How long do you boil? And I assume after PGA soak you rinse again.

I love the aspire, but I wish it was rebuildable. Looking at more vids for other coils and want to try it.

that's exactly what i've been worried about! so i'd like to hear more on that, as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread