Anyone try the new Kanger T3 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
seems like it works when it wants to and then the gurgling, flooding starts.

I would try this: Turn the T3 upside down, block the hole in the mouthpiece with a finger, and blow to the battery end. If you see drips of liquid at the outside of the mouthpiece, it has a crack and therefore is leaking. That happened to two of mine.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I think someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but if you turn the whole contraption almost upside down, so that all the juice has run away from the wicks, and take a quick vape or two, you'll burn off the excess juice. WARNING: you might also get some joose in yer mouth too.

I've done this a few times and it works for a little while. Like some others have said, I think it's juice viscosity that causes the gurgling. Boba's vapes *perfect* for me for a while, but once I get just past the 1.5ml mark, the gurgling starts. I'm vaping something much thinner now and the tank is nearly empty, and no gurgles. Same unit that WAS gurgling on Boba's just yesterday. All I did was rinse the head in hot water and dry it off with a paper towel.

:shrugs:
I still like the things a LOT. If they fixed the gurgle this would be dang near perfect....

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
To help remove the juice from the air tube I use a pipe cleaner. Just be sure not to push it in too hard and damage the coil.

My method is to lay the pipe cleaner next to the T3 with the end right at the flange of the air tube and mark where the mouthpiece ends with my fingers. Then holding the T3 upside down I'll gently push the pipe cleaner into the air tube until it reaches my fingers and then withdraw it.

That usually takes care of the upper part of the T3. I haven't found the best method for cleaning out the area between the coil and battery yet other than washing the head assembly.

Stringer63

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
KY
Been using the mini nova for several months now, but received my T-3 order from steammonkey a couple of weeks ago. At first my impression was - meh... After 2 or 3 tanks I thought, hey this is getting better! After a couple of cleanings, I took out the "flavor wicks" and man, this thing took off. The flavor just got better and better with excellent vapor production. Seems I had the flooding/gurgling issues when I tightened the unit too much to the battery or 510/ego adapter. Kept it loose and that problem dissapeared. I also tend to carry it around in my mouth, and if I inadvertantly was taking draws without firing, it would flood. Just rebuilt one with 5 wraps of 32 kanthal around 2ml silica (no flavor wick) using my 50/50 diy waffle mix, and this thing rocks with excellent flavor/vapor production. Almost prefer it now to my Aga-T RBA that I thought couldn't be beat.

crzyhrse99

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Kansas
I would try this: Turn the T3 upside down, block the hole in the mouthpiece with a finger, and blow to the battery end. If you see drips of liquid at the outside of the mouthpiece, it has a crack and therefore is leaking. That happened to two of mine.

I tried this and allthough I didnt blow out any juice it did help clear it out for a few vapes lol, then damn here we go again. I'm not giving up on it as with me being new there has to be some user error, so I'm going to keep tinkering with it.

crzyhrse99

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Kansas
OK, thought I would try a different juice in this thing so I cleaned it out and was looking at everything. The wicks still look new (only a day or two old at this point) and was just gonna put it in the box to air dry when I saw the old atomizer with the flavor wicks out that leaked terribly when I tried it last.

I thought what the hell ill try it again with some 70/30vg juice instead of the 100vg. I fluffed the little wicks, pieced it together and filled with about 1.5 mls and its working pretty damn good. I am getting a very small leak onto the battery as Im seeing some vapor down at the connection and when I pull it off see some there but its burning off good enough that there is little to nothing to wipe up....but no gurgling at all!

Been chain vaping this sucker to just trying to get it to gurgle or not perform but its taking it like a champ. So im thinking for ME im gonna stick with a thinner juice in the T3, not a huge loss because i'm using my bobas in the mini vivi nova and although the flavor is not there as much as the T3 its not that bad.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
This may be off topic, but I had problems with my T3. It wasn't wicking enough. I have found that if you put the base on too tight, it won't wick well. If you put the bottom on as loose as you reasonably could, then it allows juice to flow easier. I do have a question, if anyone can answer it. The metal tube that goes up through the kanger, that the head slides into, is not straight. When i screw the head on, it is kind of tight, because the tube is not straight. Loosening improved wicking a little, as I said, but I don't know if the tube being crooked affects the vape. Thanks.

Yokymo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Harrisburg, PA
I've noticed most my gurgling after taking a few vapes, then if i let it sit for a few mins and take another the gurgle is gone. It's more annoying then anything. I think as much as i wanna like the T3's, I may just have to be done with them. They are easy to fill, and when they do work they work well but once they start to act up it seems to be game over. I saw today on Sunvapes twitter they posted a way to "stop" the gurgling... of course like anything else, do at your own risk.

I just dont understand how average joe figures out ways to fix these and the companies wont do the same.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I've noticed most my gurgling after taking a few vapes, then if i let it sit for a few mins and take another the gurgle is gone. It's more annoying then anything. I think as much as i wanna like the T3's, I may just have to be done with them. They are easy to fill, and when they do work they work well but once they start to act up it seems to be game over. I saw today on Sunvapes twitter they posted a way to "stop" the gurgling... of course like anything else, do at your own risk.

I just dont understand how average joe figures out ways to fix these and the companies wont do the same.

Gurggling? That suggests over wicking, I wish I had that problem, because I could solve it. My problem is no under wicking. Still no juice on my coil... bone dry...

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
Having tried several combinations of wick and flavor wick thicknesses I did a SS mesh wick in my T3. Turned out to be a success. In 30 minutes of vaping, no gurgling or leaking, and the vape is moist as a waterfall. I actually get tiny trinkles of juice directly in my mouth from the nearly flooded coil. If it doesn't go away in a few ml's, I will try a flavor wick or something on top of the coil to stop the direct sprinkles.

Anyway, a SS mesh wick on a T3 can be done, and works very well. It is an advanced mod though, as requires more work and care to set up than a silica wick.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Having tried several combinations of wick and flavor wick thicknesses I did a SS mesh wick in my T3. Turned out to be a success. In 30 minutes of vaping, no gurgling or leaking, and the vape is moist as a waterfall. I actually get tiny trinkles of juice directly in my mouth from the nearly flooded coil. If it doesn't go away in a few ml's, I will try a flavor wick or something on top of the coil to stop the direct sprinkles.

Anyway, a SS mesh wick on a T3 can be done, and works very well. It is an advanced mod though, as requires more work and care to set up than a silica wick.
I am good at doing SS wicks, but I have a question. How can you keep it from leaking? In other words, how can you do a SS wick when there will be tiny gaps around it? The silicone cap pushes down and prevent flooding, as you know, so I am wondering how you seal a square hole with a round peg, so to speak? Thanks.

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
how you seal a square hole with a round peg
I tried the SS wire mesh in one of mine and it worked great the first day. The next morining it flooded bad and I could not seem to get it to stop flooding after that.

The silicone seal squeezed on the round SS wick enough to seal some of the air path, but not quite enough. Some additional seal is needed.

Today I tried a thin piece from a round pressed cotton make up pad on top of the coil, but the flavor seems muted and the thin cotton burns too easily even after a good few hour soak. Next I'll cut the cotton in the middle and just fill the gaps leaving the coil exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread