Anyone use Pelican boxes for travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigolac

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2015

I'd put all my gear that I would need for a trip/junket - mods, juice, attys, batteries, charger, etc.... just seemed like a nice solution to keep everything in one place and not get smashed/broken in my suitcase.

- Adam

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'd put all my gear that I would need for a trip/junket - mods, juice, attys, batteries, charger, etc.... just seemed like a nice solution to keep everything in one place and not get smashed/broken in my suitcase.

- Adam
Yea I thought about it after posting. Been so long since I had a collection of stuff, I forgot. I trravel with 2 mods with attys on them, a portable charger, and a bottle of juice

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    If anyone is using a Pelican type weather-proof type case for travel/transport, please post pics. I'm looking at the 1200 series:

Pelican Products | 1200 Case | Protective hard cases

I'm sure there are probably cheaper alternatives, but I like supporting US companies when I can.

- Adam

I use Pelican 1200's and 1500's all the time for transporting delicate electronics and camera gear but they're incredibly burly cases to be putting inside a suitcase. I've had them drop 70 feet and not even pop open. The hard shell makes it tougher to fit other stuff in a suitcase though. A padded soft case might be better? Or do you want it to be crush proof?

Bigolac

Verified Member
    Jun 20, 2015

Kwtony

ECF Veteran
    Nov 18, 2014
    Key West
    I do, but for my camera gear. Pelican cases are great

314C6401-064E-4C47-BB7F-934C9325CDCA-6243-00000256AE452AF5_zpsw4jtxuio.jpg

Reactions: Mooch

sacullen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I use a 1060 as well. I rarely travel for less than a week at a time, and in my current configuration it holds an rDNA, tube mech, 2 tanks, and a 2X18650 case. There's still plenty of room and the foam makes it easy to switch things around. My next trip is for two weeks at a beach, so I'll switch out the tube for my REO. Slides right into my backpack and provides me with totally worry-free protection.

Bigolac

Verified Member
    Jun 20, 2015
    I don't have an pictures right now, but I got my self a Pelican 1060.
    At the moment I don't use foam inserts since it carries my vape tools, but I have a few different foam inserts for mech mods and my provari.

I'll post some tonight.

I use a 1060 as well. I rarely travel for less than a week at a time, and in my current configuration it holds an rDNA, tube mech, 2 tanks, and a 2X18650 case. There's still plenty of room and the foam makes it easy to switch things around. My next trip is for two weeks at a beach, so I'll switch out the tube for my REO. Slides right into my backpack and provides me with totally worry-free protection.

Great - I'm liking the size of the 1060, and I like the fact you can buy the foam inserts for them as well.

Pics would be appreciated!

Thanks - Adam

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2015
    DC Metro area
    I use Pelican cases all the time. Everything from guns, ammo, knives, cigars and vape gear, electronics. The cases work wonderfully and are fairly easy to pack into the car especially since my wife is a master at the game Tetris. I normally order them without the foam inserts. Then I just go to the local craft shop and buy a block of foam and cut it however I want it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread