Anyone using a Sophia with an IBTanked on their Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
When I bought my 2 sophias, ( & Dripper ) I bought 10 of the pre-made coils & wicks, so I have not built coils yet for these. I have built many coils on my Kayfun Lites, so I kind of know what to do, but I will most likely get a zapper wire joiner, before I try to build coils for the sophia, I just like the way Chadsmo's coils look.

KAS

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
Looks like it. I am stoked!

sophia_tip.jpg

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I snagged some premade wire from stormy's, but not wicks. Since I have been finding everything tasting either like yarn or cotton, I thought I might try some cheese cloth, which is on the way. Have a link to the Chadsmo's Coils?

No sorry they are somewhere in the by Leo thread, with 600+ pages, but a perfect micro coil done, then he zap's it, to get the NR wire on, and they look good. I bought the premade coils from Leo, I have not got the stormy ones yet.

Last edited:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Thanks.

And does a 510 tip fit on the top of the sophia?

Not the long body. That one has an integral drip tip.

Note also that for the standard length Sophia, while regular 510 drip tips will (mostly) fit, I have found that it can be difficult to adjust the juice flow if trying to spin the tube by holding on to the drip tip - the drip tip just spins, and not the tube itself. Not a huge deal, you can just adjust the juice flow by holding on to the Sophia itself, not the drip tip.

I think this happens because most standard drip tips only have one small o-ring at the base, as compared to the double o-rings on the base of the By Leo drip tips.

Here is a pic from ByLeo of the ST drip tips (5, 10, 15 and 20 lengths) - note the double o-rings on the bottom:

_mg_4325.jpg

As compared to regular 510 drip tips, which usually just have one o-ring:

IMG_20121218_145651_552_1-1-793x600.jpg

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I have been rocking the Sophia in a kirFannis tank for 3 tanks of five pawns old castle reserve, great taste but I feel like need some scotch and vape that juice sparingly, it is expensive, so cleaned out the tank and the Sophia which is getting a new stage within a Loki tank, the clear tank I will like more I think and use a juice I like out of a cartotank for a good comparison since the five Pawns went strait to the Sophia and it was grand but didn't have any baseline to compare how much better it is with the Sophia,following me, im a little drugged up with condone cough meds an ambien sleeping pill so I can hardly peck these letters out!! I will have another Sophia this week I hope and she will mate up with a nice phiniac tank!! May try grandmaster and GVC IN THE OTHER as I have used those juices in different tanks. Thanks and good night!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I even lined up all the soldiers. And gave them alcohol baths and lotion to the threads, all ready for more duty!! Btw, this was all done prior to me self medicating, still having a herbal green sleepy time tea with a shot of whiskey and honey per Crimson and thes it will be Lights Out for Hank!!:toast:Good night friends

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I almost feel like you just drunk texted me... lol. Hope you feel better.
Feeling a little better today!! Thanks
Btw, it appears that we both got the KFL+ and Sophia at about the same time, do you have a preference over the two. I like both and both are different in their own way!!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have been rocking the Sophia in a kirFannis tank for 3 tanks of five pawns old castle reserve, great taste but I feel like need some scotch and vape that juice sparingly, it is expensive, so cleaned out the tank and the Sophia which is getting a new stage within a Loki tank, the clear tank I will like more I think and use a juice I like out of a cartotank for a good comparison since the five Pawns went strait to the Sophia and it was grand but didn't have any baseline to compare how much better it is with the Sophia,following me, im a little drugged up with condone cough meds an ambien sleeping pill so I can hardly peck these letters out!! I will have another Sophia this week I hope and she will mate up with a nice phiniac tank!! May try grandmaster and GVC IN THE OTHER as I have used those juices in different tanks. Thanks and good night!

So do you have a loki tank already, or are you waiting on one? I am wondering because I bought his polished SS1 tanks, and I had to order some different internal o-rings, for it. The weird part is, Dark Gear said in his the sophia's o-rings worked fine.

Thanks
KAS

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
So do you have a loki tank already, or are you waiting on one? I am wondering because I bought his polished SS1 tanks, and I had to order some different internal o-rings, for it. The weird part is, Dark Gear said in his the sophia's o-rings worked fine.

Thanks
KAS
Yes, I have it now. I am actually about to go get it going, been dragging today! I'll see if the oring works and report back shortly.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Yes, I have it now. I am actually about to go get it going, been dragging today! I'll see if the oring works and report back shortly.
The red oring fits but appears to be a little loose, hoping the juice may swell it a little...hmmm,.....definitely went in the gap a little too easy! We will see shortly!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
The red oring fits but appears to be a little loose, hoping the juice may swell it a little...hmmm,.....definitely went in the gap a little too easy! We will see shortly!

Darkgear had posted a pic of his, and it looked tight, mine was loose, and after about 20 min juice was running down my provari. If you need the o-rings, I got mine from oringsandmore.com, size 012 (3/8"x 1/2"x 1/16") I confirmed that size with loki before I ordered them. I am not sure but mabe Dark got a earlier model.

KAS

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Darkgear had posted a pic of his, and it looked tight, mine was loose, and after about 20 min juice was running down my provari. If you need the o-rings, I got mine from oringsandmore.com, size 012 (3/8"x 1/2"x 1/16") I confirmed that size with loki before I ordered them. I am not sure but mabe Dark got a earlier model.

KAS
I am vaping mine but it has some movement/wiggle maybe a little too much for comfort!! The bottom oring in the Loki tank is not really what I consider to be snug either....tank turns fairly easy around the Sophia even at the base, I may should have just tried the tank without changing the oring!! Another friend had stated he never uses the red oring and is able to turn for juice flow. In the KirF tank, all was very snug. Did the new orings you ordered snug it all up pretty good? Dang, hate to buy 100 orings for 1 tank, oh well!!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am vaping mine but it has some movement/wiggle maybe a little too much for comfort!! The bottom oring in the Loki tank is not really what I consider to be snug either....tank turns fairly easy around the Sophia even at the base, I may should have just tried the tank without changing the oring!! Another friend had stated he never uses the red oring and is able to turn for juice flow. In the KirF tank, all was very snug. Did the new orings you ordered snug it all up pretty good? Dang, hate to buy 100 orings for 1 tank, oh well!!

Well in my tank with the Loki o-rings, It had a death grip on the sophia & I had to use a pair of pliers, to get it open, so mabe yours is a different one as well. as long as it is not leaking, you are fine, mine made a big mess, I only bought my loki tanks to use with the sophia.

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread